Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Heads up Fake/Altered Hull Peerless Patches

Just wanted to give a heads up on a faked/altered Brett Hull 2011-12 Dominion Peerless Patches I came across on ebay. I am not trying to accuse the ebay seller of altering the card as the original image I have is from Aug 2014 and the card could have changed hands an unknown number of times since. I am also not here to debate my usage of the word "Fake" to describe the card. I Just wanted to make those in the hobby aware.

Fake Brett Hull Peerless Patches ebay listing

I first saw this card on ebay back in Aug 2014. At that time the card was put on my watched list. Not long after it sold, I saved a copy of the image and a copy of the completed listing. I do this from time to time to keep my own records on what Hull patches are out there and what they sold for.

A PDF copy I made of the Aug 2014 closed/sold listing can be seen HERE

Hull 2011-12 Dominion Peerless Patches #22/25 Picture taken from the Aug 2014 ebay listing

Altered/Faked Hull 2011-12 Dominion Peerless Patches #22/25

I have seen several posts lately questioning the authenticity of a patch and just want to put the info I have on this card out there.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Good eye! Thanks for letting all of us know!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That seller absolutely knows they are fake. I seen him sell a Tomas Hertl NT booklet a while ago with an amazing patch. . I was very interested until I realized that card was the jersey prime variation ... so how did it end up with a shark head logo? I see he has another booklet of Morgan Reilly with a Toronto logo patch but that too is the jersey prime variation ... enough said what a joke.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really sad to see people destroy cards, and the worst part is they can do this year after year and get away with it, does ebay even care if u report ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Multiple cards that seller is selling have patches that were clearly taken off knockoff jerseys. The stitching on them is sloppy and horrible. It's possible that he acquired them as a lot from someone else, and is himself a victim of fraud. However, he should know better than to resell that crap.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See seanw1940's Items on eBay

people, here is a link everyone should watch. this is how you can tell if the patch is fake for any Panini products.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People like this really ruin the hobby...

Please report his items.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I feel sorry if there are any legitimate sellers in Pickering. Because time after time, I see fake patch threads, and most of the time they are from a seller in Pickering. Different userids many times, but always from Pickering. I will never buy a jersey card from anyone in Pickering, and this loser has ruined for anybody up there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Should be booted of Ebay for that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

they absolutely should, but aside from specific scenarios like our OP where they have legit proof the patch window was altered its hard to prove anything, like I mentioned earlier if you look at his Morgan Reilly booklet that is a /49 jersey variation, how the heck can it have a freaking TOR logo!? but it would take someone from ebay who understands the hobby and checklist just to understand my concerns and that is assuming they care to take it down, because end of the day a sale with a faked patch = more $$$ than the regular card and just more money for ebay.

These people ruin the hobby, because now for me at least, when I get offered a nice patch, if that person didn't get it from a group break with video, its so tough to even consider it because you know what is out there.
    Last edited by R39; 02-07-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast