Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country
    See shootingstarpress's Items on eBay

Paypal Is Screwing Me!!! Need Some Advice

i have been selling and buying on ebay since 1999 and never had an issue like this. Last november i opened a bank account strictly for paypal mostly to withdraw it for emergencies thats it. So everything is going ok next thing i know money is being taken out of my bank account. That being said i have only had money come out of my paypal balance i didn't know you could link up a bank account. So they said sorry about that won't happen again so i'm like honest mistake. Time goes on. Happens again so i call them up and am like umm this isn't supposed to happen so they say maybe your bank account is linked they check nope not linked and i say yeah its just to put money in and take it out so they do there thing i'm on the phone for like 45 min they say ok were really sorry won't happen again i say are you sure they say yes we fixed the issue.So again time goes on i buy stuff no problem no a few weeks ago i take most of the money out so i know there isn't anything in there but i always have money in my balance. So i purchase an item on ebay a few days later i'm checking my bank well it's in the negative now for the item i bought plus ebay fees are coming out of it.Which i don't know why ebay fees are coming out since they have ALWAYS come out of my balance. So again i call them up and talk to a supervisor after over an hr he says they had a system update which caused there system to bypass the paypal balance and go straight to the bank account. This guy is pretty decent and says they will fix the problem and pay the late fees and compensate me because this was there is there issue. So i'm like ok thanks. So few days later more money is being taken so again i call back and ask to talk to that guy who helped me before.They say he's in a different dept but this guy will try and help. So i tell them this guy wrote all this stuff down he tells me it wasn't a system malfunction and that my bank account is the preferred method of payment. I say bs i never signed up for that and that it all comes out of my balance so we go back and forth to the point where he tries to shut off the account and he says he can't. So were passing the hr mark at least and i tell him soooo your system is jumping then one time it comes out of my bank but then point out two transactions that came out of my balance. He says i see that and i can't explain. He then says to wait and it should fix itself then call back and i will be taken care of.So after almost 2hrs i say ok. Few days later more money comes out for fees from my wifes account which is cool but again supposed to come out of balance. So call up AGAIN talk to different supervisor again over an hr on phone pretty much same crap but says keep track of bank statements and when issue resolves they will reimburse me. Not much i can do but say ok and wait.So get bank statements. Fast forward to today bank was up to 100 in the hole but money from my paycheck is going in every week before this all happened and is now being ate up by fees. So no news so call up again. Talk to lady she tells me it's not paypals fault there was no update my account was linked so thats whats coming out. i tell her all this stuff. Tells me account is linked. I want to talk to supervisor. She tells me while i was on hold thats what her supervisor told her. So i talk to him he tells me my account is linked. I tell him i didn't do it. I tell him all that stuff he pauses and says i understand and i'm sorry but your account was linked.Everytime i go back and forth he just pauses and says my account was linked. So not sure what to do here. I called a few lawyers just to see but either they don't care since it's only 100 or it would cost like 240 hr to fight it and thats not sure if i could get them to pay the attorney fees so the 100 could turn into thousands. Anyone have an issue like this or any advice?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

I had a situation with them and my bank. For some reason I was purchasing from the bay which they would withdraw the money then taking the amount out via paylater for the same product from my bank. As you did, this account was just for bay and card/auction purchases. I did not notice it because my paypal was correct with withdraws never checking my monthly bank statement. It was a giant pain in the you know what. Had to wait on paypal three weeks then my bank once paypal was found in error and believe it or not admitted it waived all overdraft charges and returned the funds.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country
    See shootingstarpress's Items on eBay

Guess i just have to keeping bugging them since 2 have already admiited it. Thanks for the help. I asked the same question on blowout and got trolled for my writing style. That place sucks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Guess i just have to keeping bugging them since 2 have already admiited it. Thanks for the help. I asked the same question on blowout and got trolled for my writing style. That place sucks!

No problem at all and trust me I know on the other site. Hope all works out for you it drove me nuts but it finally worked out

Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates

Paypal lost over $100 of mine a few years ago and wouldnt look for it when I called them about it. I got rid of my account then and there. I only buy with money orders through the mail and cash face to face.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sorry to see your having a issue with this. It one of the thing that it a small dollar amount so Paypal could care less about it. I have my account linked but it always comes out of my balance first and not my bank account. Now if I do not have the money in my paypal balance it will automatically go pull it out of my bank account. Of course that does not happen often as I do not sell to much to get hit with the monthly listing fees.
    Let us know if you get it resolved.

DON