Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Box Bottoms

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

Cutting Box Bottoms

Anyone know the best way to cut box bottom's out of old boxes?

I've got a bunch of 80's boxes that I want to cut the full box bottom panel out and I'm not sure of the best way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Use an exacto knife or sissors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Exacto knife / box cutter and a metal straightedge / ruler. Do not eyeball it!!!!! I always cut them a little larger than I think they should be. You can always trim off more, but you can't undo a bad cut!

I would not recommend scissors unless they are extremely sharp. Dull scissors will leave a ragged edge and any scissors (I believe) are more likely to bend the cardboard resulting in a less than clean result. Exacto or razor blade box cutter, all the way.
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 02-10-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

Exacto knife / box cutter and a metal straightedge / ruler. Do not eyeball it!!!!! I always cut them a little larger than I think they should be. You can always trim off more, but you can't undo a bad cut!

I would not recommend scissors unless they are extremely sharp. Dull scissors will leave a ragged edge and any scissors (I believe) are more likely to bend the cardboard resulting in a less than clean result. Exacto or razor blade box cutter, all the way.

Awesome thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My wife has a small paper cutter with a razor blade you slide across. You really have to push but the cut is very clean. I do agree a little extra goes a long way on a small slip up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use a rotary cutter with a self-healing board. They don't cost too much & can be found at your local arts & crafts store. I believe places like Target & Walmarts has them as well.

Last edited by 808-Zoomer; 02-11-2017 at 05:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just don't list them on EBay as "blank backs"....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I totally agree because there are idiots that buy them. Like ME!!!

Just don't list them on EBay as "blank backs"....

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

I have used a paper cutter. Works perfectly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fifthcup90's Items on eBay

Good luck. Hope you post 'em, I love the '80s hockey box bottom cards.
    I collect: Kurri, '70s Kelloggs and Topps hockey(also OPC), football, and baseball cards, vintage stars and World Series subset cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast