Page 933 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 4338338839239309319329339349359369439831033 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 11942
    I do love RPs but let's work it out so we can benefit everybody! I too want to thank everybody for playing this Contest. I can help where I can and thanks again Paul for all your hard work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Jay Ajayi and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

I should offer up a few of my suggestions as well so here they are:

Divy up responsibilities: Spread sheet and Schedule

Spread sheet could be a 2 person job. I have not been a part so I am not sure which is more overwhelming having to do it every day or doing it 1x a week and then having to back track and record 7 days worth of games. I would say maybe do it 2 or 3 times a week. If you do it 2xs make it the same day each week (Thursday and Sunday) and have 1 person solely responsible for Thursday and 1 person for Saturday

Schedule could be a 3 person job. Have 1 person post Monday Tuesday, 1 for Wed, Thurs, 1 for fri-sunday.

Another suggestion is remove the number of total games per day. We have usually been seeing 9 3 for each category. Could make this 6 and eliminate the stimulation of 2 from a category. Could just pick any 3 games. This puts a little less research into the schedule.

Once in a while you could do a specific sport day for example pick any NBA games, any NHL games etc. Could make this happen weekly and thats 1 day where no one has to research the schedule.

Specific days off. You have been doing this already so you could pre plan certain days off. The first 15 and 30th of the month for example. Or just say there will be no games on Mondays.

I would be happy to volunteer for 2 days a week to set the schedule.

Collecting Kobe Bryant, Kobe Anthology, Shaquille O'Neal,
    Laker Rookies/Game Used/Autos, (Magic Johnson, Kareem, Chamberlain, West, Baylor, Gasol, Fisher, Horry, Fox, Odom,
    Toronto Raptor Rookies/Game Used/Autos (Damon Stoudamire, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Chris Bosh, DeMar DeRozan

Scoring spreadsheet finally brought up to date:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sDY/edit#gid=0

Thanks for doing the scoring for those two days, @key2win, I haven't acknowledged it until now, but that is what I need if someone else was to do the scoring for me. Very thorough and transparent, and as easy for me to transfer to the spreadsheet as one can make it.

Expect a full summary, reply and update later this evening everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by key2win View Post
    @ravens_creed

I did the results today for you.

Results For Sunday June 10, 2018

Level 1 (2 RP/ 1 SP)
    1a) Chicago White Sox
    1b) Cleveland Indians
    1c) Houston Astros

Level 2 (5 RP/ 2 SP)
    2d) San Francisco Giants
    2e) Cincinnati Reds
    2f) New York Mets

Level 3 (10 RP/ 3 SP)
    3g) Philadelphia Phillies
    3h) San Diego Padres
    3i) Los Angeles Dodgers

Points For Sunday June 10, 2018
    bakemeister52 - 0 RP / 0 SP
    bearpup - 10 RP / 0 SP (Phillies)
    bigbenjobu - 0 RP / 0 SP
    Cajun68 - 2 RP / 1 SP (Astros)
    camsue - 2 RP / 0 SP (Indians)
    ClemD - 10 RP / 0 SP (Dodgers)
    Devlin - 2 RP / 1 SP (Indians)
    JFried1029 - 0 RP / 0 SP
    key2win - 10 RP / 0 SP (Dodgers)
    lil5up3rman - 10 RP / 0 SP (Padres)
    opulent jupiter - 0 RP / 0 SP
    Oriolesfan - 12 RP / 0 SP (Astros & Phillies)
    pwskelly - 2 RP / 0 SP (Astros)
    rjabreu88 - 10 RP / 0 SP (Dodgers)
    rtsjr - 0 RP / 0 SP
    shockwiresports - 2 RP / 0 SP (Indians)
    steelers6 - 2 RP / 0 SP (Indians)
    who765 - 20 RP / 0 SP (Phillies & Dodgers)

​GO LEAFS GO!!

4. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    @ravens_creed

You're welcome. Yeah I figured that is what you needed on it so made that as template so others who want to help do the scoring can just copy/paste that and edit teams accordingly.

Ok everyone, it's time to kick this into gear again. First things first, I will post tomorrow's schedule, and then proceed with everything else.

Questions for Thursday, June 14, 2018

- You may make up to 3 predictions total.
    - You may make no more than 2 predictions per level.
    - Please indicate the level number in each of your predictions.
    - All times listed are in Eastern Time (EDT).
    - Good Luck!

Level 1: (2 RP / 1 SP)
    1a) MLB: who will win: San Francisco Giants (Rodriguez, 1-1, 5.25) at Miami Marlins (Straily, 2-2, 4.08) (1210pm)
    1b) MLB: who will win: Cleveland Indians (Clevinger, 4-2, 3.31) at Chicago White Sox (Rodon, 0-1, 3.60) (210pm)
    1c) MLB: who will win: San Diego Padres (Ross, 5-3, 3.43) at Atlanta Braves (McCarthy, 5-3, 5.03) (735pm)

Level 2: (5 RP / 2 SP)
    2d) MLB: who will win: Tampa Bay Rays (Snell, 8-3, 2.30) at New York Yankees (Loaisiga, 0-0, 0.00) (705pm)
    2e) MLB: who will win: Houston Astros (Verlander, 8-2, 1.45) at Oakland A’s (Montas, 3-0, 1.25) (335pm)
    2f) MLB: who will win: New York Mets (Matz, 2-4, 3.53) at Arizona Diamondback (Koch, 4-3) (4.20) (940pm)

Level 3: (10 RP / 3 SP)
    3g) CFL: who will win: Edmonton Eskimos at Winnipeg Blue Bombers (830pm)
    3h) FIFA World Cup: Win, Lose, or Draw: Saudi Arabia vs. Russia (11am) *See note at bottom regarding new rule for soccer games.
    3i) MLB: who will win: Boston Red Sox (Price, 7-4, 4.00) at Seattle Mariners (Hernandez, 6-5, 5.70) (1010pm)

*** The sport of soccer presents an extra challenge for this contest, due to the frequency with which ties (draws) occur. With the World Cup starting with today’s schedule, and becoming a prominent part of the contest for the next several weeks, I wanted to go over some special rules regarding World Cup soccer games (possibly for use with MLS games going forward as well). The following rules will be in effect:

- For each match/game, you may select either team, or you may guess that the match will end in a draw (3 choices total) (Win, Lose, or Draw)
    - If you select “draw” and either team wins, you LOSE
    - However, if you select either team to win, and the match/game results in a draw, that will score as a PUSH and not count towards your score.

6/14/18:

2e) MLB: who will win: Houston Astros

3h) FIFA World Cup: Win Russia
    3i) MLB: who will win: Boston Red Sox

My Photo Album
    Hidden Content
    Now Collecting: Chris Johnson, Current Titans, Michael Jordan,
    Hidden Content

Thursday, June 14, 2018

2e) MLB: who will win: Houston Astros (Verlander, 8-2, 1.45) at Oakland A’s (Montas, 3-0, 1.25) (335pm) - Astros

3h) FIFA World Cup: Win, Lose, or Draw: Saudi Arabia vs. Russia (11am) - Win Russia
    3i) MLB: who will win: Boston Red Sox (Price, 7-4, 4.00) at Seattle Mariners (Hernandez, 6-5, 5.70) (1010pm) - Red Sox

I've got most things decided and sorted out, but I'll get around to making a "big announcement" tomorrow, as I'm fading fast. I think things are going to be great going forward here...

Hey Paul, I leave for Mexico this Monday the 18th thru the 28th! Hope the contest continues and I will help where I can!

Page 933 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 4338338839239309319329339349359369439831033 ... LastLast