Page 544 of 559 FirstFirst ... 44444494534541542543544545546547554 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 5590
    Quote Originally Posted by ravens_creed View Post
    Wednesday's results added to a now up-to-date spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sDY/edit#gid=0

It was a very dichotomous night last night... one the positive side of things, many of your had the maximum 8/25 points/production from your picks last night. On the flip side, unranked Loyola University Chicago upset No.5 ranked Florida in NCAA basketball action, putting an end to several lengthy streaks. That's quite unfortunate.
    However, Loyola was 8-1 entering the game, and I specifically took this matchup instead of the North Carolina game, where the Tar Heels could reasonably be expected to layeth the smackdown on whatever boob school they were playing (they beat Western Carolina - WCU - by 43 points!). Even for the level 1 games, it's nice to think that both teams have at least a chance. Still, even I couldn't have predicted this to happen, despite Loyola's impressive record going into the game. But, I did put this game on the schedule for exactly this reason. I feel like a trickster. :(

Moreover, I came to the realization last night that not all websites are equal when it comes to what and how they post scores, schedules, etc. When @cjs-sportscards did the schedule on Monday, I noticed that he had the records of the teams going in the NCAA games included. I think that's very important, and I know I don't always post the team records like that. Knowing that Loyola was 8-1 going into last night's game might have changed some minds, I'm sure. Anyhow, I can't say that NCAA basketball is my forte, so rather than just going by AP ranking alone, I wanted to see the records of the teams in the games I was considering. The first 3 websites I checked all did NOT show the teams' records in the daily schedule. Finally, I found a sports website that did include team records with the daily schedule, and that was the Fox Sports website, for those looking for that information.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/schedule

... Now you know why I didn't choose the Purdue game for today's card (despite being ranked 21st, they are 8-2, their opponents, Valparaiso (I've never even heard of them) is 8-0... not such a lopsided match, after all). The more you know...
    My opinion is if the lineup creator includes the records great and if we don't it should be up to the individual to do their own research. For me college basketball is a crap shoot either way with an upset bound to happen more often than in college football. I know we sometimes on certain days have limited time to do the necessary research and getting the entries in and this is supposed to be fun and not a burden.
    PC Wants: Cam Neely, Milan Lucic, P.J. Stock, Barry Pederson, Normand Leveille & Terry Francona.
    Also Collecting
    : Andrew Benintendi, Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Dustin Pedroia, Jason Varitek, Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Rob Gronkowski.
    Other: Current Bruins & Patriots
    Hidden Content

Level 2: (5 RP / 2 SP)
    2d) NBA: who will win: Los Angeles Lakers
    2e) Iowa
    Level 3: (10 RP / 3 SP)
    3g) Atlanta Falcons (825pm)

Questions for Thursday, December 7, 2017:

Level 1: (2 RP / 1 SP)
    1a) NBA: who will win: Washington Wizards at Phoenix Suns (9pm)
    1b) NBA: who will win: OKC Thunder at Brooklyn Nets (10pm)
    1c) NHL: who will win: Ottawa Senators at Los Angeles Kings (1030pm)

2d) NBA: who will win: Los Angeles Lakers at Philadelphia 76ers (8pm)
    2e) NCAA Basketball: who will win: Iowa at Iowa State (8pm)
    2f) NHL: who will win: Carolina Hurricanes at San Jose Sharks (1030pm)

3g) NFL: who will win: New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons (825pm)
    3h) NHL: who will win: Calgary Flames at Montreal Canadiens (730pm)
    3i) NHL: who will win: Dallas Stars at St.Louis Blues (8pm)

It ended my streak lol. I took the game knowing the records since the betting odds were highly favoued for Florida. I dont think ur a trickster it was worthy of a level 1 in my opinion. I know i have lost streaks and bets to even better odds then that pick.

2d) NBA: who will win: Los Angeles Lakers at Philadelphia 76ers (8pm) 76ers
    2e) NCAA Basketball: who will win: Iowa at Iowa State (8pm)
    2f) NHL: who will win: Carolina Hurricanes at San Jose Sharks (1030pm)

3g) NFL: who will win: New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons (825pm)
    3h) NHL: who will win: Calgary Flames at Montreal Canadiens (730pm) Canadiens
    3i) NHL: who will win: Dallas Stars at St.Louis Blues (8pm) Blues
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Questions for Thursday, December 7, 2017:

2d) NBA: who will win: Los Angeles Lakers at Philadelphia 76ers (8pm) Philadelphia 76ers

3g) NFL: who will win: New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons (825pm) New Orleans Saints
    3i) NHL: who will win: Dallas Stars at St.Louis Blues (8pm) St.Louis Blues
    MY BUCKET: Hidden Content
    I collect David Ortiz, Roberto Clemente, Mickey Mantle
    Red Sox Team Cards, Red Sox Autos, Red Sox GU, Red Sox Patches
    2009 Topps Commemorative Patch

Questions for Friday, December 8, 2017:

- You may make up to 3 predictions total.
    - You may make no more than 2 predictions per level.
    - Good luck!

1a) NBA: who will win: Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers (7pm)
    1b) NBA: who will win: Golden State Warriors at Detroit Pistons (7pm)
    1c) NHL: who will win: Buffalo Sabres at Chicago Blackhawks (830pm)

2d) NCAA Basketball: who will win: St.John’s (8-1) at (16) Arizona State (7-0) (8pm)
    2e) NCAA Basketball: who will win: Oklahoma (6-1) at (25) USC (4-2) (1030pm)
    2f) NHL: who will win: Vegas Golden Knights at Nashville Predators (8pm)

3g) NBA: who will win: Boston Celtics at San Antonio Spurs (930pm)
    3h) NHL: who will win: Columbus Blue Jackets at New Jersey Devils (7pm)
    3i) NHL: who will win: Minnesota Wild at Anaheim Ducks (10pm)

* All times listed are in Eastern Time.

** Please indicate the level number in each of your predictions.
    Do you enjoy daily pick 'ems? ... Hidden Content to play the Streak for the SCF Reward Points Contest, sponsored by Dave and Adam's Card World. The grand prize is a $60 gift certificate to Dave and Adam's, but there are SCF Reward Points to be earned every day! You can start/stop any time at your leisure, so don't be shy and check it out!

Big fan of Toronto sports teams (Leafs/Jays/Raptors/Argos)

Friday, December 8, 2017

1a) NBA: who will win: Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers (7pm) - Cavaliers
    1b) NBA: who will win: Golden State Warriors at Detroit Pistons (7pm) - Warriors

3g) NBA: who will win: Boston Celtics at San Antonio Spurs (930pm) - Celtics

Questions for Friday, December 8, 2017:

- You may make up to 3 predictions total.
    - You may make no more than 2 predictions per level.
    - Good luck!

1a) NBA: who will win: Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers (7pm)
    1b) NBA: who will win: Golden State Warriors at Detroit Pistons (7pm)
    1c) NHL: who will win: Buffalo Sabres at Chicago Blackhawks (830pm)

2d) NCAA Basketball: who will win: St.John’s (8-1) at (16) Arizona State (7-0) (8pm)
    2e) NCAA Basketball: who will win: Oklahoma (6-1) at (25) USC (4-2) (1030pm)
    2f) NHL: who will win: Vegas Golden Knights at Nashville Predators (8pm)

3g) NBA: who will win: Boston Celtics at San Antonio Spurs (930pm(San Antonio Spurs)
    3h) NHL: who will win: Columbus Blue Jackets at New Jersey Devils (7pm)
    3i) NHL: who will win: Minnesota Wild at Anaheim Ducks (10pm)