Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 936 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269339349359369379389399469861036 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,360 of 11972

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Boston Red Sox New England Patriots
    Packrip.com Traders

Questions for Thursday, June 14, 2018

Level 2: (5 RP / 2 SP)
    2e) MLB: who will win: Houston Astros (Verlander, 8-2, 1.45) at Oakland A’s (Montas, 3-0, 1.25) (335pm) Houston Astros

Level 3: (10 RP / 3 SP)
    3g) CFL: who will win: Edmonton Eskimos at Winnipeg Blue Bombers (830pm) Edmonton Eskimos
    3i) MLB: who will win: Boston Red Sox (Price, 7-4, 4.00) at Seattle Mariners (Hernandez, 6-5, 5.70) (1010pm) Boston Red Sox
    I collect David Ortiz, Roberto Clemente, Mickey Mantle
    Red Sox Team Cards, Red Sox Autos, Red Sox GU, Red Sox Patches
    2011 Topps Red Sox Parallels, 2009 Topps Commemorative Patch

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

*** THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Hello Streak Contest participants. I’d like to start off by thanking everyone who contributed to the discussion over the last few days, as well as to those who have made themselves available to help out going forward. I took everyone’s suggestions and thoughts into consideration, and I am very grateful to those who have volunteered. I think everyone will be happy going forward, and if not, things can always be remedied.

The Nature of the Contest Itself:
    After considering many possibilities with regards to the make-up and structure of the contest going forward, it is my thinking that the best and easiest solution would be to continue on with the contest in its present form. The idea to break the contest off into two separate contests gained little, if any, traction, and through the various discussions about what everyone is looking to get out of the contest, keeping the contest the way it is allows for the continued pursuit of RP accumulation or the establishment and maintenance of a streak. Essentially, everyone can play how they like and get what they want from the contest in its current form. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Keeping the contest in its current state also preserves past records and scores. Keeping the contest in its current state also prevents everyone from having to get used to a new set of rules for a new contest(s), which would require learning new scoring methods… attempts to change the contest might very well just result in more frustration, more work, and less enjoyment.

The New Streak Contest Team:
    A number of individuals have stepped forward to make themselves available in various capacities. I thank you all. I’d also like to take the time to remind everyone that you should never feel bound to, obliged, or pressured to volunteer in any capacity. You do what you like to do and you define your own terms (much like participating in the contest itself!).

The issue of joining SCF staff never came up, and requires a 30-day training period, and isn’t something I can spontaneously make the call on on my own. Therefore, except for those who are already on SCF staff, you are only being asked to come onboard on a voluntary basis, and all titles are unofficial. For all intents and purposes, the term “Streak Contest Team” might need to be used, but this is only a reference to those of us who run this contest by making and scoring the daily schedules, and is not an official SCF designation. Technically, I will remain the only official SCF staff member assigned to what happens here…. So behave yourselves, it’s my butt on the line! *Finger wag*

Here is a list of those who have volunteered:
    @cjs-sportscards
    @bakemeister52
    @key2win
    @ClemD
    @rjabreu88
    @opulent jupiter
    @lil5up3rman

If anyone would like to be added or removed from this list, please let me know.

Right now, including myself, we actually have a surplus of hands on deck. That’s not a bad problem to have as far as I’m concerned. My plan was to assign everyone one day of the week, where you would be responsible for posting the schedule for that day, as well as possibly the results for your schedule the next day. That’s it, one assigned day of the week. It won’t work out perfectly in that sense, however, and those are the remaining details that we need to figure out. Here are the specifics:

- I will currently remain the sole person responsible for updating the spreadsheet and for giving out RPs at the end of streaks. Only SCF staff members can handle the RP element anyhow, and given my familiarity and ease of use with the spreadsheet, it doesn’t make sense to “train” someone else how to do it, although I have looked into it and access to the spreadsheet can certainly be shared with others if need be. It actually isn’t that tough, but until everyone settles into their roles and we’ve established a routine, it’s easiest if I just handle the spreadsheet and RP payouts on my own for now.

- I’d like to have @bakemeister52 as a part of the team/schedule, given his familiarity with both the schedule and the scoring, but let’s leave your official start date until after you come back from your missions trip, how does that sound? Maybe target an early July start? You let me/us know!

- @lil5up3rman – I’ve declared you the odd man out, so to speak… that sounds harsh, lol. What I really think is that since we have so many helping out, and you have done so much for SCF over the years (and continue to do so), I think that you deserve to have things about SCF that you can just enjoy without them being work for you also. I was going to make you a “rover” of sorts, someone who is willing to step in when someone else is busy and can’t make their date. If you’d really like to be added to the weekly schedule, this can be changed, of course. The intention was to reward you, not penalize you…

- @key2win is looking to only do some scoring…errrr…. Helping score the contest. He will refrain from the schedule-making aspect, and therefore not be given an assigned day of the week from a scheduling standpoint. His role as a scorer will become more defined as this gets sorted out. He and I have touched base and are in talks about that. Thank you for helping out in that regard, Key2win.

- That leaves @ravens_creed, @cjs-sportscards, @ClemD, @rjabreu88, and @opulent jupiter potentially as the designated schedulers, with @bakemeister52 eventually entering the fold. Everybody would have one assigned day of the week, and I would take on the extra day and do two days a week.

- @ClemD, @rjabreu88, @opulent jupiter, and @bakemeister52, what I need to know from each of you fine individuals is which days of the week you would be available, and might prefer, as well as any days of the week where you wouldn’t be available, or less likely to be available.

- For being my original helper, I’ve rewarded @cjs-sportscards with having first dibs/choice on which day of the week he’d like to have on the schedule going forward, and he has tentatively selected Tuesdays as his day of preference.

- If anyone has the desire to only make schedules, and couldn’t care less about tallying the results (scoring), @key2win has made himself available to do this for you, once or twice a week. If you’d like to only make schedules and not do the scoring, please let it be known, so that I can work out a results/scoring schedule with key2win as well. I suppose, to make things easiest on me, if you are willing to do both the schedule-making and results-posting for your assigned day (amounts to two separate days of “work” really), please state your intentions. @lil5up3rman, perhaps you could step in and do @bakemesiter52; ‘s day while he’s away? If not, I’m happy to take it on. I just saw an opportunity for you and thought I’d offer it up.

That should take care of the who is involved and who is doing what aspect of things.

Here are a few other thoughts I’ve had in general:

- I will make a schedule-making template available to everyone on the Streak Contest team. All you should have to do to make a schedule is change the date at the top, and the entries for each level. You won’t be starting from scratch.

- Schedule makers will be given full freedom to choose the games they like from the sports they like as they see fit, so long as the games chosen are scheduled in an appropriate level.

- Schedule makers MAY (YES) participate/play in the contest on the days in which they are also making the schedule. Volunteering to help run the contest should not and will not interfere with your ability to play and enjoy the contest.

- An issue was brought forward regarding the difficulty on some nights of finding three appropriate games for each of the three levels on the schedule. I agree, some days are much easier than others. Especially in the summer months, on Mondays and Thursdays (the MLB off days), it can be slim pickings, for sure. To that end, schedule makers should NOT feel obliged to include 3 games for each level (the usual 3x3 = 9 games total kind of schedule). It might happen that only two games per level can be assigned in good faith (2x3 = 6 games total), and there is always the possibility of a “choose-you-own-winners” day, which often allows for far more than just 9 games to be considered. I do find that sticking with the 3x3 format (and the expectations of the participants to play based on a schedule of that nature) is best, but some nights, there’s not much you can do!

- Before the schedule is officially started, I will not only make a schedule-making template available, but also go over the results/scoring template (probably the one key2win has been using), and any other questions anyone may have, so that you know exactly what you’re doing beforehand. To that end, never hesitate to ask me a question, or reach out for support.

- Which brings me to my next idea, which is that the creation of a Streak Contest Team discussion thread would make a lot of sense. It would give us a place to ask questions, coordinate amongst ourselves as to who is doing what, finding replacements for “away days”, etc. It would also be public, so everything is transparent and everyone can read what is discussed… heck, even non “team members” could step forward to volunteer for a day or two here and there if they wanted. It gives us one consolidated place to keep in touch with each other, and maintain ultimate accountability. PMs are always welcome, however.

- Another very important issues that has come up more than once relates to WHEN the schedules and results are posted. Should we implement a “post by (this time)” policy with regards to this? If so, what should that time be and why? I don’t mind the consistency that this would bring, but it also puts additional pressure on the schedulers/scorers to do things by a certain time, rather than “when I can”, in an attempt to even the playing field, which might be impossible to do anyone, given that people live in different time zones, have different job schedules, have access to SCF at different times… it’s tough to create the same window of opportunity for everyone, but I think it’s worth having a discussion about the possibility of implementing a schedule-posting deadline, not just for the participants, but for we schedule-makers as well. If a schedule isn’t posted by a certain time, for example, that might be a sign that the person who was supposed to either forgot or is tied up and might need someone else to step in… on the participant side, if you can only make your choices late the previous night, for example, and then the following day rain warnings happen, pitchers get scratched, etc., and there isn’t anything you can do about. Meanwhile, other participants are changing their guesses at the last second to compensate, which gives them an advantage. What is the ultimate solution to posting deadlines going forward, everyone?

That’s everything that I can think of at the moment. If there are any questions, please let me know!

Thanks, everyone.

Paul (ravens_creed)

Hey Paul, thanks for the announcement! Wednesday and Thursday are my hardest evenings. But anything else is cool. Sorry I couldn't be here for the start of this. I will try to check in if I can! I will be able to check my email while there. I also want to push our Football Contest more when I get back (Bake's Contest is at #15 right now). I love the Team idea a lot!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Nicely done, this sounds good!

I am new here but a long-time collector and sports enthusiast. If you need another back-up person to put the 9 game lineup together, I would be happy to serve!

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Questions for Friday, June 15, 2018

- You may make up to 3 predictions total.
    - You may make no more than 2 predictions per level.
    - Please indicate the level number in each of your predictions.
    - All times listed are in Eastern Time (EDT).
    - Good Luck!

Level 1: (2 RP / 1 SP)
    1a) FIFA World Cup: who will win or draw: Egypt vs. Uruguay (8am)
    1b) MLB: who will win: Minnesota Twins (Gibson, 1-4, 3.45) at Cleveland Indians (Kluber, 10-2, 1.99) (710pm)
    1c) MLB: who will win: Houston Astros (Morton, 7-1, 2.82) at Kansas City Royals (Junis, 5-6, 4.05) (815pm)

2d) FIFA World Cup: who will win or draw: Morocco vs. Iran (11am)
    2e) MLB: who will win: Colorado Rockies (Bettis, 4-1, 4.40) at Texas Rangers (Mendez, 0-0, 0.00) (805pm)
    2f) MLB: who will win: San Francisco Giants (Holland, 4-6, 4.54) at Los Angeles Dodgers (Stripling, 5-1, 1.65) 1010pm)

3g) CFL: who will win: Toronto Argonauts at Saskatchewan Roughriders (9pm)
    3h) FIFA World Cup: who will win or draw: Portugal vs. Spain (2pm)
    3i) MLB: who will win: Chicago Cubs (Lester, 7-2, 2.22) at St.Louis Cardinals (Wacha, 8-1, 2.47) (815pm)

*** The sport of soccer presents an extra challenge for this contest, due to the frequency with which ties (draws) occur. With the World Cup starting with today’s schedule, and becoming a prominent part of the contest for the next several weeks, I wanted to go over some special rules regarding World Cup soccer games (possibly for use with MLS games going forward as well). The following rules will be in effect:

- For each match/game, you may select either team, or you may guess that the match will end in a draw (3 choices total) (Win, Lose, or Draw)
    - If you select “draw” and either team wins, you LOSE
    - However, if you select either team to win, and the match/game results in a draw, that will score as a PUSH and not count towards your score.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Sorry for the late posting time, I was at a friend's watching the Toronto Marlies win the Calder Cup! Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for the Leafs...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Milwaukee Brewers

2d) Morroco

3h) Portugal
    3i) Cardinals

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

2e) MLB: who will win: Colorado Rockies (Bettis, 4-1, 4.40) (805pm)
    2f) MLB: who will win: Los Angeles Dodgers (Stripling, 5-1, 1.65) 1010pm)

3i) MLB: who will win: St.Louis Cardinals (Wacha, 8-1, 2.47) (815pm)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Questions for Friday, June 15, 2018

Level 1: (2 RP / 1 SP)
    1b) MLB: who will win: Cleveland Indians (Kluber, 10-2, 1.99) (710pm)
    1c) MLB: who will win: Houston Astros (Morton, 7-1, 2.82) (815pm)

2f) MLB: who will win: Los Angeles Dodgers (Stripling, 5-1, 1.65) 1010pm)

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@ravens_creed

Results For Thursday June 14, 2018

Level 1 (2 RP/ 1 SP)
    1a) San Francisco Giants
    1b) Cleveland Indians
    1c) Atlanta Braves

Level 2 (5 RP/ 2 SP)
    2d) New York Yankees
    2e) Houston Astros
    2f) Arizona Diamondbacks

Level 3 (10 RP/ 3 SP)
    3g) Edmonton Eskimos
    3h) Russia
    3i) Boston Red Sox

Points For Thursday June 14, 2018
    bakemeister52 - 15 RP / 0 SP (Astros & Eskimos)
    bearpup - 15 RP / 0 SP (Astros & Russia)
    bigbenjobu - 25 RP / 8 SP (Astros, Russia, & Red Sox)
    Cajun68 - 5 RP / 2 SP (Astros)
    camsue - 10 RP / 3 SP (Red Sox)
    cjs-sportscards - 20 RP / 7 SP (Yankees, Astros, & Eskimos)
    ClemD - 25 RP / 8 SP (Astros, Russia, & Red Sox)
    Devlin - 10 RP / 0 SP (Red Sox)
    JFried1029 - 15 RP / 0 SP (Astros & Russia)
    johnhensonfan - 20 RP / 7 SP (Astros, Diamondbacks, & Red Sox)
    key2win - 25 RP / 8 SP (Astros, Russia, & Red Sox)
    lil5up3rman - 25 RP / 8 SP (Astros, Russia, & Red Sox)
    opulent jupiter - 0 RP / 0 SP
    Oriolesfan - 5 RP / 0 SP (Astros)
    pwskelly - 17 RP / 6 SP (Indians, Astros, & Red Sox)
    rjabreu88 - 25 RP / 8 SP (Astros, Eskimos, & Russia)
    rtsjr - 5 RP / 2 SP (Astros)
    shockwiresports - 20 RP / 7 SP (Yankees, Astros, & Red Sox)
    steelers6 - 10 RP / 3 SP (Eskimos)
    who765 - 25 RP / 8 SP (Astros, Eskimos, & Red Sox)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, June 15, 2018

2f) MLB: who will win: San Francisco Giants (Holland, 4-6, 4.54) at Los Angeles Dodgers (Stripling, 5-1, 1.65) (1010pm) - Dodgers

3h) FIFA World Cup: who will win or draw: Portugal vs. Spain (2pm) - Spain
    3i) MLB: who will win: Chicago Cubs (Lester, 7-2, 2.22) at St.Louis Cardinals (Wacha, 8-1, 2.47) (815pm) - Cubs

Page 936 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269339349359369379389399469861036 ... LastLast