Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Should I try to get this Michael Jordan certified?

I used to trade cards on YouTube before I really used forums lol, there used to be a community for that, there probably still is. I got this in a trade like 6 years ago and I have no clue what I traded for it or if anything else was involved. The kid I traded with was just like me and I don't think we knew what the value of an MJ autograph was. Should I try to get this certified?

Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country

Save your money, it's not a real Jordan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Save your money, it's not a real Jordan.

This is what I ultimately assumed. I'm pretty sure I traded a fake Barry Sanders auto (stamped) along with something else for it.

If you dont don't mind me asking, what makes you believe it's a fake? I'm relatively new to all this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't bother, its not real.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you guys at least explain why you believe it's not real?

Blog Entries
    Country
    See janeliddell's Items on eBay

Just eyeballing it, it looks like it was done slowly and deliberately. There are numerous little bumps, especially in MICHAEL. Note where the line arches back and crosses through the right part of the M, those are telltale signs of someone trying to imitate a the way the real Jordan would sign his name without thinking. A real - or even a fake done by someone with more confidence in their ability to fake - would be much smoother.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not a single part of it looks like a legitimate Jordan sig. The M looks way off and was clearly done very slowly like the above poster notes. The rest of his first name is way off as well. The last name isn't close, either. It's not just a fake, it's a bad fake.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just eyeballing it, it looks like it was done slowly and deliberately. There are numerous little bumps, especially in MICHAEL. Note where the line arches back and crosses through the right part of the M, those are telltale signs of someone trying to imitate a the way the real Jordan would sign his name without thinking. A real - or even a fake done by someone with more confidence in their ability to fake - would be much smoother.

Not a single part of it looks like a legitimate Jordan sig. The M looks way off and was clearly done very slowly like the above poster notes. The rest of his first name is way off as well. The last name isn't close, either. It's not just a fake, it's a bad fake.

These are the answers I was looking for, thanks guys. I wanted to know why, not just "its a fake."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Sorry to hear that your Jordan wasn't legit but at least you saved yourself the time, aggravation and cost of trying to get it slabbed.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404