Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Can someone post a scan?

Everyone,
    I am looking for the scan of any card from the 1993-94 Stadium Club First Day Issue OPC but I want to see the BACK of the card to be sure they actually are OPC and not Topps. For those that are not aware the OPC from that year only had "Printed in the USA" on the back. Since there was no French on the card most people tend to ignore that little fact. For example here is a scan of one for the NHL All-Star set:

This is the OPC Version:

This is the Topps version:

All i have ever seen on the First Day Issues are the fronts or the Topps version. So if someone has a good scan I would greatly appreciate it. Just so everyone knows, the ones in the inventory on here all just show the front. I checked on Beckett and there is only one that actually shows the back and it is a horrible scan, it looks right but I just want to be sure. So hoping this is a small ask for someone and we can nail this down. if not the mystery may continue just a little more.

BTW if someone has a Mario Lemieux in First Day from OPC, let me know I will make that trade worth your while.

Thanks
    Thad
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry guys, I was just doing a search on eBay and guess what I found a Gretzky that was the FDI and it was OPC as well. So I guess these are REALLY hard to find, but at least now I know for sure. If the admins want to deal this go ahead, I answered my own question.

Thanks
    Thad

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thad, how DO you actually tell them apart, with no French on the OPC version?
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

going up on the left hand side "printed in the USA"

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I have some more information to add to this little mystery but it does make sense. Apparently all of the cards numbered 140-149 are Super Short Prints and rarely show up. This is information from an ebay seller who has thousands of these. The regular versions he says he has 50 each or more, but these he has very few. Right now he only has 2 of the Mario's that I am looking for, and is asking a decent amount, but I may just have to pay up for them. I question how many are really out there, since it seems most folks don't even know they exist. I myself did not know for the longest time either. So just a little more information for those who have been chasing these.

BTW -- some of the cards have it listed on the bottom as "PTD in the USA" and that is the only difference. Easy enough to see once you start looking.

Thanks
    Thad

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thad, @dornhoffer pointed out the printed in USA difference, and yes, once it was said, it was pretty obvious! Good to know!