Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Knicks are painful to watch

Watching the ABC game, and in the first quarter vs. the Spurs, the Spurs have seven offensive rebounds. Seven! Can Porzingis figure out how to position himself properly and box out for a defensive board? Apparently not yet. Even when he did on one play, he bobbled the ball, and another teammate had to cover for him to initiate a fastbreak.

Knicks are 30th in the league on defensive boards.

I've caught a few of their games as of late, and it's no wonder they are desperate to trade for someone like Love, who knows how to get defensive boards. For all of the comparisons the media does of Porzingis to Dirk, people forget that Dirk (in his prime) could get over 9 boards when he had to. Later in his career, he had other guys who could get boards, so his numbers went down -- but until the Knicks get better at defensive boards, it's up to a 7'3" guy like Porzingis to learn better box-out tactics. Seven boards in 33 minutes per game won't cut it.

The Knicks' passing is also often weak. It's not as bad as I remember it from the games I watched last year, but it's still not especially good.

The defensive rebounding, though...my goodness. You can't win basketball games if you aren't getting the ball...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Wow, they ended up pulling a W out of that mess. Danny Green shot horribly for the Spurs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even though they won the game they are such a disappointment in my eyes it isn't even funny
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/