Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why does paypal automatically convert my currency when accepting payments?

Does anyone else have this problem?

When selling a card on ebay, I get funds in USD, and they stay USD.

When selling a card here, the buyers pay in USD but it is automatically converted to Canadian funds.

Did I tick some box telling my paypal account to do this?

Sucks because you lose so much in conversion, especially if you dont plan on transferring the funds to your bank account. Maybe its just another way paypal can steal more of our money?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Are you saying when you sell a card on SCF, the currency is converted? If that is correct, then I wonder, because I haven't used PayPal in over 10 years, if it might have something to do with your mailing address or bank info. Like I said, I haven't used it in years, so no expert here.
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you saying when you sell a card on SCF, the currency is converted? If that is correct, then I wonder, because I haven't used PayPal in over 10 years, if it might have something to do with your mailing address or bank info. Like I said, I haven't used it in years, so no expert here.

Yes, when selling off ebay.

I just received a payment from SCF. The total was $250USD. The buyer sent over $250USD, when it got into my account it automatically converted to CDN funds.

This sucks because I lose money on every transaction I do now.

I accept USD which is converted to CDN = lose money from conversion

I make a purchase in USD, all my paypal is in CDN = lose money again converting back to USD

The only time I have Canadian dollars in my paypal account is when I am going to withdraw to my bank account. I only have to eat 1 terrible paypal conversion rate when I am ready to take out my extra funds

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

I would call paypal and ask them why its happening. I have never had this happen and I accept paypal for sales here and for other sites. If the person pays in US I get US, pay CDN I get CDN.

PayPal customer service: 1-888-221-1161

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its been converting for me as well when I send money,seems to be something new in the new year.
    Blackhawks wantlist,Hockey/Baseball traders @ Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

When you pay a user from another country, you have to make sure the currencies match. Right now if you pay a Canadian seller in US funds, Paypal will show the Canadian amount on the right. As the buyer, you have to manually change it to American so they match.

I run into this all the time when I send money between accounts. Annoying.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Yeah the simple solution is to alert your buyer to change the currency to be USD-USD. Just a simple click of a drop down menu when submitting the payment.

But PayPal is just automatically changing it for the buyer who is sending the funds.