Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I had to read those last 2 posts twice just to make sure it wasn't satire. You look a man in the eye and then ram your stick in his face and the reaction is "suck it up, buttercup"?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The argument has been made in another post, that if you want to do away with stickwork, you need enforcers...History does bear this out! Remember back in the day when Gretzky would get slashed or speared, or whatever, and Senenko kicked the crap out of the offender? Now, you have guys doing stuff then crying, " oh! I didn't mean it" Why? Because NOBODY is allowed to deal out the justice! Another famous case? And this is the reason why there is no justice IMO. Steve Moore gives Markus Haskins a concussion, which gets Moore a shot to the dome from Bertuzzi ( granted, a sucker punch).Moore goes down, Bert falls on top, along with 4 Avalanche players, but it's decided it was the punch that ended Moore's career, not the just over 1000 pounds of men and gear he's under! Why? Because Bertuzzi too matters into his own hands
    The League NEEDS to actually get serious about suspensions. I understand the repeat offender thing where a guy like Raffi Torres gets increasingly higher vacations because it's not a first offense, but make first offense penalties actually mean something! Gil Stein did it right, suspension without pay, and the money you lost went to the NHLPA retirement fund. First offense suspensions should be an automatic 10 games, then you'll see guys play less chippy, right Alex Ovechkin?
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Agree very much.

The league has no guts when it comes to suspensions. They never have, and as time goes on.... I'm more and more convinced that they never will.

Enforcers are going to fix this? Please. If Player A goes out and delivers a cheap shot, a spear, a whatever.... and Player B says "You hit my player, now we must fight!" Player A simply has to say "No" and skate away. He might also ask who let Player B off the bench, because his 90 seconds of ice for the game is almost up.

If the league really doesn't want players to do something, suspend them for it. Spear to the face? You just gave up a quarter of the season ,and a quarter of your paycheque. Think that's harsh? Well, you better not do it again... because the 2nd time you'll sit 82 games.

You go harsh like that, you know how many players will do stuff like this? ZERO.

6 Games?!

https://www.nhl.com/news/detroit-red...?tid=277549076

I'm sorry, I don't care that Nyquist doesn't have a history, and that he has never been fined or suspended. 6 games for a spear to the face is a joke. The NHL has no business calling that farce of a department that handles 'discipline' for game infractions as 'Player Safety'.

The NHL does not care, and has never cared about about the safety of their players. If the NHL is not, and has never been willing to deliver proper suspensions to players, because teams depend on the perpetrators down the road, things will never change. Owners get insurance money and cap relief for injured players and owners get no cap relief and still pay out salary which then goes to the NHL instead of the suspended player.

If you are serious about getting this out of the game you need to make the punishments bad enough that most players will never want to face that punishment, and that the punishments are severe enough that the players who don't care about the punishments aren't playing anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12