Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Still can't upload a pic into the OPG, don't know if it's just me or what..........

Me also.Worked fine for a while but when I tried again later it was down again.

I am working on the issue. It might take some time as it seem that most folder holding pictures lost their writing permission and we have a lot of folder created to host all these images. The reason for many folders is for not reaching OS limits per folder of the number of files (32 000 files per folder under linux) but also the more files in one folder, then it get slower to retrieve a given image. So for perfomance issue we create many folders. So either we run a script during the night to set all folders correctly. The host yesterday ran a script just to count the number of folder and it took over a hour, just to count the folder, with a result over two millions folders. So to run a script to set them all could only be done at night.

Now the second option I want to try and that could be the best solution if this work, is to try to have the code catch the error on the fly, when you upload a image and fix the permission and retry the action. This, if it work in the code would simply fix issue as they arise and the problem would fix itself every time a user upload a image and would be transparent to user and would not take more time in execution.

Just not sure if this will work. So I will get on coding to do some test and if I can fix this issue in code, it could be fix sometime today. If not then it will take longer.

So please do not try to upload images for nothing and wait this I say it's fix as I will be tweaking the code and it will only generate errors until I get it right in all the application.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Mainly on the custom avatar issue in the postbit, should work but it's not.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/cust...ar26925_16.gif

This is my avatar and I did check if the file was in the folder and it is, so it should work but it's saying no files found (404 error)... This is not normal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Thanks for the updates, with like's help hopefully the gremlins will disappear.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Thank you for the update. I hope it will not take too long. Cards are piling up here! lol

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I am working on a solution but I did not code for a while and this issue is quite complex because it seem like millions of folder permission have issue. I am trying to write code that would fix the issue every time one do a upload instead of creating a script that would run all night as this would render the server unusable, and probably Harry would have to do such things as this is not much in my expertise. Now what I am trying to do is every time one do a upload, it's set the permission of the two upper folder before even trying to do the upload. Since I code during day time, I had to reproduce a dummy inventory system to not stop any one from using the inventory. The code is written, and I will start doing some test tonight. Can't say if it will work but hoping it will. Now I have to start testing it with debug message to make sure all line of code that I added is actually working as planed. So maybe by the end of the night and then again maybe not. But it a complex function as it does many thing into one big upload function.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Ok - here is the good news. Luc and I (mostly Luc ) has found the possible solution to both the image issue in the inventory manager.

The bad news is there will be some connection issues starting @ Midnight EST.

On the OPG, we are going to running a script that is going to open up all of the folders for the OPG to allow for images to be seen. This will probably take several hours to run due to the size of the Inventory Manager. The OPG will remain online, but I would not use the system overnight tonight.

On the Forums server, there will be a server reboot at 4am EST and a script to go through to correct the permissions on the avatars that are not displaying correctly.

OPG Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (123)
    Country
    Utah Jazz Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See bballkm32's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

I have tried images this morning and they are showing up and I am able to add new ones.
    Collecting Karl Malone, Ryne Sandberg, Pat Angerer, Tavian Banks, Devyn Marble, Aaron White, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Cook, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray, Luka Garza, Joe Wieskamp, Jordan Bonhannon, DJ Carton
    Hidden Content

Inventory:
    Hidden Content

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I will go try again because my test did fail when adding new card from recent addition sets. But even if it work, it may be because the folder already existed and permission were change by the host but new directory creation failed in my test this morning. So part of it seem to work and a other part may not. Just done reading and we may still have to have the host do more tweeking on that end. But be sure we are on it and working to fix all permission issue.

OPG Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (123)
    Country
    Utah Jazz Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See bballkm32's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

I take that back, only some of them are working.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I take that back, only some of them are working.

Yeah I still get plenty of mkdir(): Permission denied errors in the log files. While I was able to upload a image in a existing directory all new creation are failing.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast