Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He was one of the greatest NCAA QB's ever and that is an awesome legacy ... he added an NFL ROY trophy and Pro Bowl as well ... the dude had a great run but it ended quick ... such is life.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I've kinda been watching this to see how it pans out. I checked out this article from MSN, and the video clip.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ung/ar-AAn5wwi

From the clip it sure sounds like one of my earlier comments would be quite acurate. The size of a CFL field would tire him out. He wouldn't be ready to play this season if he even suited up.

As for the four things CFL fans need to know.

1) He's not playing for money. That's for sure! The most he would make maybe would be $100,000(that's Canadian roughly~$75G USD), or at least should only be that much for a QB that's been out for as long as he has that has no Idea how to play the CFL game.

2) His agent is familiar with the CFL. That's true! We do know who he is, and he has represented some great players here most notably Moon, and to the extent of Ricky Williams while he was suspended from the NFL for that season back in 2006. So he does know his way around our league. Not that it matters much. Just a point of interest I guess. Oh and on the Point if Ricky Williams had knew about the CFL sooner he would have played his whole career here.... Yes maybe, but would really only have made 10% of what he could get paid in the NFL. So that point really carries no weight. I do wonder though if you were to put the high calibre players from the NFL, and introduce them to the CFL what an eperience that would be. Talk about fast paced gameplay. It would be outrageous to watch.

3) Not wanting to go back to the NFL.... Really? That would remain to be seen. I think everbody if they had a chance would try to get back, but who knows.

4) Healthy? Uuuh from the clip it sounds like the cheesecake factory sure makes a killing off of him. Like I say he will not be ready this year if he even gets a rep.

The CFL did have the Chad Johnson Eperience a couple years ago, and that turned out fruitless....

So with all this, I'm not really convinced it would be a good mix for us. I really hope my team doesn't make a rash decision, but the past two seasons in Riderville have been anything but conventional. We are going into a swanky new stadium, and by CFL standards it is quite an upgrade from the last one. We did bring back a proven veteren QB in Kevin Glenn... Again for round three. It will be interesting though to see what all comes of this.

So if Vince joins the Riders. Will ya'll be watching ESPN3 to see how he does?......
    Last edited by Goose97; 02-20-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've kinda been watching this to see how it pans out. I checked out this article from MSN, and the video clip.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ung/ar-AAn5wwi

From the clip it sure sounds like one of my earlier comments would be quite acurate. The size of a CFL field would tire him out. He wouldn't be ready to play this season if he even suited up.

As for the four things CFL fans need to know.

1) He's not playing for money. That's for sure! The most he would make maybe would be $100,000(that's Canadian roughly~$75G USD), or at least should only be that much for a QB that's been out for as long as he has that has no Idea how to play the CFL game.

2) His agent is familiar with the CFL. That's true! We do know who he is, and he has represented some great players here most notably Moon, and to the extent of Ricky Williams while he was suspended from the NFL for that season back in 2006. So he does know his way around our league. Not that it matters much. Just a point of interest I guess. Oh and on the Point if Ricky Williams had knew about the CFL sooner he would have played his whole career here.... Yes maybe, but would really only have made 10% of what he could get paid in the NFL. So that point really carries no weight. I do wonder though if you were to put the high calibre players from the NFL, and introduce them to the CFL what an eperience that would be. Talk about fast paced gameplay. It would be outrageous to watch.

3) Not wanting to go back to the NFL.... Really? That would remain to be seen. I think everbody if they had a chance would try to get back, but who knows.

4) Healthy? Uuuh from the clip it sounds like the cheesecake factory sure makes a killing off of him. Like I say he will not be ready this year if he even gets a rep.

The CFL did have the Chad Johnson Eperience a couple years ago, and that turned out fruitless....

So with all this, I'm not really convinced it would be a good mix for us. I really hope my team doesn't make a rash decision, but the past two seasons in Riderville have been anything but conventional. We are going into a swanky new stadium, and by CFL standards it is quite an upgrade from the last one. We did bring back a proven veteren QB in Kevin Glenn... Again for round three. It will be interesting though to see what all comes of this.

So if Vince joins the Riders. Will ya'll be watching ESPN3 to see how he does?......

I'd tune in to watch a game if Vince was starting at QB, yes ... I'd rather see TeBow but I would want to see how Vince does ...

One thing I would have loved to see was Barry Sanders in his prime play a season in the CFL (it's not like he was going to win anything in sorry Detroit anyways) ... on a field that big I think Barry could have ran for 300+ yards ever single game ... I loved watching that little dude tote the rock!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'd tune in to watch a game if Vince was starting at QB, yes ... I'd rather see TeBow but I would want to see how Vince does ...

One thing I would have loved to see was Barry Sanders in his prime play a season in the CFL (it's not like he was going to win anything in sorry Detroit anyways) ... on a field that big I think Barry could have ran for 300+ yards ever single game ... I loved watching that little dude tote the rock!

Just remember he was a slightly better runner on turf. Which helped his stats slightly by playing in Detroit home field. I know they no longer have grass in the CFL but if you want to see him run AstroTurf would be the field to put him on to help stats.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd take $75,000 for a few months worth of work.....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd take $75,000 for a few months worth of work.....

Against our cost of living, and taxes though...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just remember he was a slightly better runner on turf. Which helped his stats slightly by playing in Detroit home field. I know they no longer have grass in the CFL but if you want to see him run AstroTurf would be the field to put him on to help stats.

Don

During his playing time Edmonton was the only stadium with grass so 8 of 9 surfaces were turf. It would actually have slowed him down a bit especially if he played there... At least until October when it freezes solid!

SCF Rewards
    Country

So it's official....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...an-roughriders

And for the record. I have already seen Vince Young Rider jerseys for sale....

Dude hasn't made the final roster yet!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just thought I'd bump this up for anyone who really wants to know the updates on VY's training progress....

It's nice to see too that the Riders sent Young home with an actual CFL game ball. Not that small little dinky NFL thing he's used to. Smaller yet if Tom Brady suppled it...

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/14/vi...d-sign-riders/

SCF Rewards
    Country

For those wondering how Vince is coming along. All 9 CFL teams mini camps were in Florida, and VY was there at the Riders camp, and these are the reports:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/vince-yo...i-camp~1108661

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/lawless-...so-far~1109439

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/young-cr...n-camp~1110728

So He made his way into main camp that actually starts in a month in Saskatoon.... Looks like I'll be heading to Griffiths Stadium to check it out, and see if I can get an autograph, and maybe a pic! Anyone got any base cards they want to send along?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast