Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beware of Member: penny1fan

Just trying to spread the word and be informative to the community.

I made a deal with member penny1fan (Aaron Hart) over at HobbyKings who I've dealt with on multiple occasions and never had any issues. We made a deal for four Penny Hardaway cards in a new deal last year, where we agreed that I would send him $150 up front and $50 each following month until I reached $600 for the cards. I last sent him $50 in December 2016 but when I asked some questions and did not hear back within a reasonable time, I grew concerned. I sent him an email and still received no answer. I was finally able to find him on Twitter and sent a private message to which he did respond to say his Paypal account had been hacked and was working to fix the issue with Paypal. I still had my suspicions as details did not add up but I figured I would wait a week and touch base with him after he apologized and said he would make it right. A few days later, I saw that he blocked me from Twitter, making me certain he lied the whole time and did in fact steal $400 from me.

Hopefully, no one else has any issues with him. Again, looking to warn the community.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Los Angeles Dodgers Texas A&M Aggies
    See yashuaa's Items on eBay

I've done a few PayPal deals with him a while back and didn't have any issues. What was the deal?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've done a few PayPal deals with him a while back and didn't have any issues. What was the deal?

$600 for the following Penny Hardaway cards:

97-98 Flair Legacy Row 2 and Row 0 /100
    98-99 EX Century Essential Credentials Future /73
    98-99 Hoops Bams /250

Another member over at HobbyKings said he lost $400 from him back in 2011 with a similar issue but blamed his cousin instead of blaming his account being hacked.

Be careful. We had several deals and I never had a problem and then all of a sudden he stole and lied.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Los Angeles Dodgers Texas A&M Aggies
    See yashuaa's Items on eBay

Wow, that's awful. Sorry to hear about that. It's been a few years since I've dealt with him, so I guess he's changed. I was thinking of ways to try to get in contact with him for some Pennys since he was my go to for that. Definitely not now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, that's awful. Sorry to hear about that. It's been a few years since I've dealt with him, so I guess he's changed. I was thinking of ways to try to get in contact with him for some Pennys since he was my go to for that. Definitely not now.

Yeah, man, I would steer clear of him. If you have a want list, feel free to send me it. I have extras of Penny after years of collecting.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

File a police report ASAP! it's not hard to do and if you can prove your side of the story they may even confiscate the cards pending a resolution.

In the future, never agree to a payment plan unless the seller is willing to sign a notarized affidavit.

I have bought cards for people before and had them pay me over-time for the card with interest as it's a good way to make a nice little ROI for me and a great way for the buyer to end up with a great card they couldn't otherwise afford ... but ... I always demand that BOTH buyer and seller have a notarized contract in place to avoid any issues. The one time I didn't do this, because the seller refused to go to a notary and knew I wanted the card bad enough that I would let him slide on it ... I got burned ... bad!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Pheonix Suns
    See Jumper48's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That is seriously messed up that someone you have worked with before suddenly becomes crooked. If you do file a police report he could be looking at a misdemeanor and depending on if the transaction was across state lines that could include a wire fraud charge too.