Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: NBA All-Star Weekend

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

NBA All-Star Weekend

Thoughts?

Porzingis won the skills challenge. Second big man in a row to do it (Towns last year).

The 3 point contest was more fun than the dunk contest this year, IMO. Very competitive; went down to a tiebreaker. Eric Gordon took me by surprise and beat Kyrie in the tiebreaker.

The dunk contest was mediocre at best. There were too many missed dunks, and it was sad to see Aaron Gordon struggle so much after he was so brilliant last year. I had never heard of the skinny guy from Phoenix before tonight. He had one very good dunk. Glenn Robinson III had two very good ones. I thought his first was the best. After that, the contest was rather anticlimactic, with only a couple more good ones amid a long series of awkward or missed dunks. I also can't believe they gave skinny guy's final dunk a 50 just to manipulate the scores closer together. Everyone knows that was a joke.

Hope the All-Star game tomorrow is good. I caught only a little bit of the rookie game last night and found it really dull.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

we need 3x3 tournaments to spice up the all star weekend!
    my opinion at least

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

If Aaron Gordon's drone dunk would have happened the 1st attempt it probably would have given him some much needed momentum. He just seemed out of it after that. Glenn Robinson deserved to win. Way too many missed attempts as a whole; pretty much ruined everything. Last year was far better. The contest needs more creativity, without the gimmicky props. And it also needs more stars. The really good players need to lose the stigma that it's not cool to be in the contest.

The Rising Stars Challenge has been my favorite event to this point. Nikola Jokic carrying up the ball a few times was a blast. KAT caught a nice lob. Jamal Murray is going to be a really good player, IF his development is not screwed up. Not sure if they view him as a 1, or an undersized 2. Devin Booker continues to impress me; he's so much more than a shooter. Not sure why Alex Abrines was in the game?

Steph missed like 10 half court attempts in the 3 pt Shoot Out. Still it was pretty neat how they honored Craig Sager. Anyone watch the Celebrity Game? It was very hard to stomach, even with annoyingly unfunny Kevin Hart "retiring". I just had to watch for White Chocolate. Even still I had to turn it off around half time. On a side note, you should check out Jason Williams' kid on You Tube. He's like in grade school and already has sick handles.

Tomorrow is the main event, and always the best part of ASW, as it should be.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

The dunk contest was the worst I've ever seen.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Westbrook and Durant passed to each other in the All-Star game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The dunk contest was the worst I've ever seen.

That seems to be the general consensus every year. As soon as you had the big stars pull out of the event and basically mock it you knew the event was never coming back to its glory years.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It would help to get some of the stars back into it, but last year's contest was widely praised because LaVine and Gordon really brought it. This year...eh.

All-Star game is now a scoring contest; players don't even somewhat try on D anymore (except Kawhi). Anthony Davis smashed Wilt's old scoring record. West as a team almost broke 200.

Giannis had some good dunks. Maybe he can be convinced to try out for the contest next year.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Worst dunk contest ever ... t was just horrible.

They need a rookie 1-on-1 contest and they need to have people dunk ON people in the dunk contest from now on ... as for the game itself, they need to play defense, the actual game was pathetic as well though Westbrook made it fun as he's just great to watch regardless ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

That seems to be the general consensus every year. As soon as you had the big stars pull out of the event and basically mock it you knew the event was never coming back to its glory years.

I thought last year's was great - one of the better contests in years. This year was a gigantic step back though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes, any dunk contest with LaVine in it is MUST SEE TV.

Andrew Wiggins should have been in it this year!