Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need help with 16-17 signed Canvas set!

Hey guys!

Not really sure if this is the best place to post this but its card related so here we go. I recently made the decision to start my first signed set. The goal will be to get all 178 basic (no checklists, YG, retired, or POE canvas) canvas cards from this year, signed. So first off obviously I will need the cards. Here's what I have:

Series 1: All
    Series 2: Pageau & Subban

I am currently looking to buy or trade for more Series 2 canvas for teams coming to DC in the coming weeks.

Second of all, some players in this set are either extremely tough or just downright impossible. I'll have to take my Ovi to a CSA show and pay $100 for it to be signed. If anyone collects IP autographs and would be willing to trade or sell signed canvas, that would be awesome. I'll post a list below of players that I'm worried I will not be able to acquire an autograph from in person. If anyone knows of any signings they will be doing where you can mail something in, or if they do autos for charity like the Red Wings, please let me know!

Corey Perry - Had luck with him recently but he is tough at hotels
    Tuukka Rask - This guy does not like signing flats
    Patrice Bergeron - Don't think he signs much
    Jack Eichel - I've heard he stopped after 1 week in the NHL
    Jeff Skinner - He blatantly ignored me when I asked him to please sign my canvas card since he was signing 1 per person. He signed my OPC which I tried to cover up.
    Patrick Kane - He actually signs a bit now but missed him this year
    Brent Seabrook - Heard he hasn't signed anything around here in 6 years. Probably the same elsewhere.
    Artemi Panarin - Won't sign anywhere and does $90 signings.
    Corey Crawford - Normally he's tough but hes doing a free signing in Chicaho soon so?
    Duncan Keith - He's a Blackhawk
    Artem Anisimov - Blackhawk.
    Tyler Seguin - I have a chance at him soon but don't think he's good about signing.
    Spezza - Same as Seguin
    Patrick Sharp - Don't know if he signs but he was a Blackhawk
    Mike Green - Used to be kinda tough to get even at Caps practice and couldn't get him this year.
    Zetterberg - I really don't want to pay his ridiculous fee when he actually signs
    Jagr - He's gonna retire soon, right? This is a real tough one.
    Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, Jake Muzzin, Jeff Carter, Tanner Pearson - Kings don't like signing
    Shea Weber - I heard he's signing TTM?
    Gallagher, Price, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk - Don't know much about these guys signing. Any help would be appreciated.
    James Neal - Heard he's really not a nice guy to say the least
    Subban - Don't think I've ever heard about him signing
    Mika Zibanejad - Guy blew me off last year
    Mike Hoffman - Think he's tough not sure
    Erik Karlsson - He stopped once to sign during the World Cup because he kept saying "tomorrow" and "later" and we called him out on it and he finally signed.
    Kris Letang - Won't sign anything at allllll
    Phil Kessel - I've had luck with him this year but series 2 just came out. Maybe when the Caps play the Pens in the playoffs..
    Joe Pavelski, Martin Jones, Joe Thornton, Logan Couture, and Patrick Marleau - Not sure about the Sharks, any help would be appreciated!
    Tarasenko - He still hasn't signed his Upper Deck cards yet so I don't suppose he would sign mine
    Frederik Anderson, Nazem Kadri - Not sure on these guys
    Ryan Miller - He's gonna be done soon so need to get him really soon
    Mark Scheifele - This guy painted on an MVP card for me this year. I mean literally he covered the entire thing in blue ink for 20 seconds and handed it back to me.

If anyone has info on any of those guys or can help out in anyway, please let me know! I have a bunch of autos to trade and paypal to buy up new set cards! Also if anyone is interested I can update this thread to keep track of my progress to 178. I'm currently at 10. Looking to add McJesus soon!

Thanks everyone!
    - Alan (Starzfan9)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Second of all, some players in this set are either extremely tough or just downright impossible. I'll have to take my Ovi to a CSA show and pay $100 for it to be signed.

Just go to practice at Kettler. Might take more than one visit, but you can get it there with a little patience.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do go to Kettler. All the time in fact. Guy won't sign, period. He has a "contract" that he can't. I've asked him well over 20 times.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You will not get Eichel. He will not sign Upper Deck cards as part of his exclusive contract with Leaf.

Other guys I can attest to - Habs guys are usually decent except for (unfortunately) Carey unless you catch him in a good mood. I've heard he'll carry weird coloured pens (orange, green, etc.) for IP signings if you don't have your own.

Good luck with the project - would love to see your completed Series 1 set!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ouch, that sucks about Eichel. Weird how he has a couple signed YG on ebay though. Thanks for the other info too! And for complete canvas set I meant I had all of them not all signed sorry if that was misleading. I have 10/90 signed since I just started the set 1 month ago.

You will not get Eichel. He will not sign Upper Deck cards as part of his exclusive contract with Leaf.

Other guys I can attest to - Habs guys are usually decent except for (unfortunately) Carey unless you catch him in a good mood. I've heard he'll carry weird coloured pens (orange, green, etc.) for IP signings if you don't have your own.

Good luck with the project - would love to see your completed Series 1 set!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Ouch, that sucks about Eichel. Weird how he has a couple signed YG on ebay though. Thanks for the other info too! And for complete canvas set I meant I had all of them not all signed sorry if that was misleading. I have 10/90 signed since I just started the set 1 month ago.

If the program with Leaf Trading Cards is still available, that could be an option.It's pricey though.

Here's more info:

http://www.beckett.com/news/leaf-giv...vate-signings/
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hahahah that price is insane. Maybe one day this will change but for now I'm not gonna bother trying for him. I don't have that sort of money laying around. Thanks for showing me this!
    If the program with Leaf Trading Cards is still available, that could be an option.It's pricey though.

Here's more info:

http://www.beckett.com/news/leaf-giv...vate-signings/

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Hahahah that price is insane. Maybe one day this will change but for now I'm not gonna bother trying for him. I don't have that sort of money laying around. Thanks for showing me this!

Yeah haha, the price for his auto in up there. No worries, and best of luck with your signed canvas cards. These will look awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Can't speak on behalf of a lot of people on this list, but I will throw in these:

Tarasenko: Just signed in person in Buffalo - he signed everything with the first marker he grabbed, which was silver paint pen, but nonetheless he did sign.
    Crawford: I've heard the same that he is an awful signer, but I just got him in Buffalo as well
    Keith: Just got him on Sunday in Buffalo
    Kane: Only signed for the kids
    Anisimov/Panarin/Seabrook all would not sign.

Also sending you a PM

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rolly89's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Starzfan9, your PM inbox is full

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast