Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No hearing scheduled for Malkin after Wheeler hit

Pittsburgh’s Evgeni Malkin isn’t scheduled to face a disciplinary hearing for his hit on Winnipeg captain Blake Wheeler on Thursday night, an NHL spokesman confirmed.

The incident occurred midway through the third period of Pittsburgh’s 4-3 OT win. Malkin was given an interference minor on the play — in addition to a roughing minor for the post-whistle scrum — and later rubbed salt into the wound by setting up Sidney Crosby for the OT winner.
    http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/02/17/...r-wheeler-hit/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is the problem with the disciplinary aspect of the NHL Player Safety office. Grinder or lesser known player? Discipline is no problem. Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, or some other " Superstar"? No big deal, you guys are why fans pay to fill seats!
    The League needs to toughen up and stop playing favourites when it comes to suspensions, etc. Just because guys like Crosby fill the net, doesn't mean they should be treated differently when the break the rules
    That's my nickel on the subject!
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is the problem with the disciplinary aspect of the NHL Player Safety office. Grinder or lesser known player? Discipline is no problem. Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, or some other " Superstar"? No big deal, you guys are why fans pay to fill seats!
    The League needs to toughen up and stop playing favourites when it comes to suspensions, etc. Just because guys like Crosby fill the net, doesn't mean they should be treated differently when the break the rules
    That's my nickel on the subject!

Agreed!

Don