Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jbogdan21's Items on eBay

My 2017 Donruss Racing Review

This weekend, my LCS received permission to release the 2017 Donruss Racing cards. So I couldn't resist picking up two boxes. Before I give my opinions, check out their own review here: https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2017/...s/#more-173594 as well as the checklist here:http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...r-racing-cards

With Panini back behind the racing wheel in 2016, racing cards have once again picked up some steam. Right from the green flag, Prizm came out charging with a great look and lots of hits. However, something fell flat between Torque and Certified release which did little to set up National Treasures. With the high price point, National Treasures delivered high quality cards but I think the release date hurt Torque, Certified and National Treasures. For some odd reason, they released them AFTER the season ended. So that brings us to 2017 Donruss...

Admittedly, I had my apprehensions about this pre-season card. After my local card shop posted about an early case release, I was back in! Scooping up two boxes, here are some of my thoughts. With 24 packs per box and 10 cards per pack, that's a hefty 240 cards per box. The base set is just over 100 cards so prepare for many doubles and triples. On the flip side, every pack had at least on hit with many packs having two hits and even a couple triple hits. The cards look sharp and came out of the pack crisp. As expected, many subset inserts for collectors to chase while plenty of chances for fans to collect their PC driver. The inserts, autos and memorabilia cards arrived as expected with one auto and two mems per box. The autos appear sharp and I like the rubber relics. Personally, the fact that the rubber relics match the race team colors felt like a nice touch. Both boxes supplied 12 numbered cards, varying from /999 to /99, with various colors and SPs. Overall, this is a great box for the price. It may not generate the same buzz as Prizm but a solid start to the new season.
    sIMG_1688.jpgsIMG_1689.jpgsIMG_1690.jpgsIMG_1691.jpgsIMG_1692.jpgsIMG_1693.jpgsIMG_1694.jpgsIMG_1695.jpg
    Last edited by Skipjacks; 02-19-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    ** MY CARDS ARE CURRENTLY IN STORAGE UNTIL 202 **
    ^^ Not a joke ^^Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

nice! Looks awesome have a feeling this will be my favorite Nascar release by Panini yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jbogdan21's Items on eBay

Also haven't heard anything about other 2017 releases. Anyone else know?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 14smoke2x's Items on eBay

Love the look of these cards. Finally a set I'm looking forward too. the first since Press Pass Total Memorabilia.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 14smoke2x's Items on eBay

Called my LCS about Donruss Racing they are sold out already. It's 12:10 pm, day of release FML. Blowout Sportcards it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow! I called 2 shops, one didn't order any because of too much 2016 stock collecting dust and the other didn't get their shipment. Guess it's Blowout for me too.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (22)
    Country

I opened one box today at LCS. He had 5 or 6 boxes but I hit 1/1 auto so I stuck with one box. Nice looking cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice! Who was the auto?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (22)
    Country

Kevin Harvick

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are tires going to be in all their products, theres other R/U out there, guess tires are the cheapest...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast