Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Where do I even begin........... plus one Kesler card........

Halooooooooooo! It's been a heck of a week. I need to vent about last night (Saturday) to someone and since I have no actual friends (don't pity me, this is how I want it) I'm gonna tell you all.........

Twice a year, Amy & I go out for a really good meal at a steakhouse - Valentine's Day & our birthdays, which are five days apart in July. This time we went out last night because we're old now and Valentine's Day on a weekday just isn't cutting it. PLUS, we had tickets for Matt Good at the fabulous Commodore Ballroom!! Now Matt was going on stage at 10:15 and our reservations were for 7:45. Absolutely do-able. We got to the restaurant at 7:35 and we were promptly seated........at the table closest to the kitchen pass-bar, where I had an awesome view of 2/3 of a garbage can. HOW ROMANTIC. Plus, the seats were very plush. Sooooo plush that we'd actually have to reach up to get to whatever was on the table. We'd been seated at a trough.

A couple of complaints later to a couple of people and we were waiting at the bar for a different table. Fifteen minutes later we were seated at a much nicer table in a much nicer location. Great victory!! Wine arrived. Appys arrived. All good.

Then came the steaks, both of which were cooked wrong. How a filet, the most tender cut of meat available, can actually be chewy is absolutely beyond me. So we sent them back and got two brand new steaks and brand new sides and it was all good again.

Except that it was 9:17 and we pretty much had to gulp everything down so's we could get to the show on time. The trough system would have been perfect at that point. Instead of savoring two perfectly cooked steaks we ended up gulping about 2/3 of the meals and bolted to the show.

The show was fantastic. If you're a Matt Good fan, he's making his way across Canada, you should go..........

So anyways......... here's some mail!!!! Starting with a neat addition to my Ken Dryden PC, from 1969. A Team Canada exhibition program..............

Two more for the never-ending 04/05 SP Authentic Buybacks..............

Trevor Linden collectors are insane. I just saw two cards end on eBay, a SP Game-Used Draft Day auto /10 which went for $90 and an ITG auto/patch 1/1 which went for $95. That's for Trevor Linden. Now what you don't know is that whoever won those cards, their max bid is $200+, just in case one of the other Linden collectors is dumb enough to try a snipe. So...........what has two thumbs and's pretty dumb? THIS GUY.............

Speaking of "inspired"............ I was watching the results of a break on Twitter and someone pulled a Evgeni Malkin "error" card, which he was gonna send back to Upper Deck for a fix. Now, I already have a fantastic Malkin screw-up.............

I had to have this one as well. I don't collect Malkin but I HAD TO HAVE IT. So I paid 2/3 of what a proper one would have cost. Yes, really.

One of the guys over at HI managed to photo-match it for me!!!

Which brings us to today's card show!!! Guest-starring Bobby Hull!!!!!! Pickups.................

It was a buck and goes into my Fleer Greats binder, whatever............

An awesome pick-up from Derek the Red...........

Kevin brought me a eBay win from the States, from the Anaheim Ducks Upper Deck Giveaway night.........

And sometimes, because you're putting a set together, you have to buy a card of a player you absolutely can't stand..............

Why is there no vomit emoji??????

Then I got to line up for Bobby Hull. For THREE hours. He likes to chat. And he's VERY meticulous with his signature. While I was in line I received a phone call from last night's restaurant, asking me how everything had been hahahahahahahaaaa!!! So after I unloaded on the poor gal she told me a manager would call me back. The manager did indeed call me back about an hour later and proceeded to give me every excuse in the "You're not good enough to eat here anyways" restaurant manual. The manual exists, I worked in the industry for 7+ years. And because I knew what was going on I threw it right back at him, to the point where he promised to send me an email invitation to come back to the restaurant in order to make things right. I'm still waiting for that email

Back to Bobby Hull...........now I'm gonna honestly say that sometimes I am truly blessed. A few years ago I bought a whack of "proofs" from an eBay seller. In reality they were just sheet-cuts from UD The Cup and a few other sets. They're nothing spectacular, they're just neat. To me, anyways.

Thanks to the local card shows I'd managed to meet Gordie Howe & Guy Lafleur..........

Today it was Bobby Hull's turn!!!!!!

And that's that!!!! Bye, Felicia!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds like a decent day. How was the bonsor show?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice show and tell. As for the bad steaks if you have no down moments you cannot truly enjoy the good ones lol.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds like a decent day. How was the bonsor show?

PACKED. Bobby Hull brought out everyone! It was nice to see :)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This is so awesome! Those Proof cards look excellent with that ink :) Just they way they like em !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My #1 rule for ordering Steak is: Don't do it, unless you're at an actual Steakhouse. You'll pay a premium price for a mediocre cut, and great change there's a cook that's no good at it.

At a nice Steakhouse, and they do that? That's awful. Cooks should be ashamed of themselves. Only time a Steakhouse should make a mistake is when a good friend of mine orders.... he'll ask for "well done" and then complain they didn't cook it enough. They left too much flavour in there.

That Team Canada is piece is pretty neat, and I like the signed proofs.

Favorite Card is definitely that Messier! What a player! What a team! Great looking set!

SCF Rewards
    Country

My #1 rule for ordering Steak is: Don't do it, unless you're at an actual Steakhouse. You'll pay a premium price for a mediocre cut, and great change there's a cook that's no good at it.

At a nice Steakhouse, and they do that? That's awful. Cooks should be ashamed of themselves. Only time a Steakhouse should make a mistake is when a good friend of mine orders.... he'll ask for "well done" and then complain they didn't cook it enough. They left too much flavour in there.

That Team Canada is piece is pretty neat, and I like the signed proofs.

Favorite Card is definitely that Messier! What a player! What a team! Great looking set!

After two days of no reply I resorted to a Twitter complaint and an hour later I had a manager mailing me gift cards. Great success!!

Messier is tucked away into a binder now, he'll never see the light of day again

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You're never getting this one!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some nice cards for sure. Luv the old timer cards.. Would luv to get my hands on that Cujo but it sounds like your keeping it.. Gotta luv the Commodore Ballroom, i have seen some good shows there when i lived in B.C.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No mail this week, going squirly. This is the highlight of the day :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast