Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

I did say “I PERSONALLY think he is overrated” meaning that is how I MYSELF and no body else feels about him.

the stats you posted could be right, I don’t know for sure...? I don’t care enough about him to check.

I don’t see any stats about playoff wins or Super Bowl wins and appearances. What’s the stats on those?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

Was Marino overrated or a HOF QB? How many Super Bowls did he win? I believe that if you are trying to judge a QB on their playoff and/or Super Bowl wins, probably need to let them at least get to the middle point of their career. Dak is probably at the 1/4 or 1/3 of his career point. John Elway didn't win until the end of his career. Is Carson Wentz a better QB than Dak in your opinion? I'm guessing that answer is yes. Dak has more playoff wins though, so what does that mean? It really means nothing.

There are plenty of people that believe Dak sucks, inaccurate, or is overrated, etc....My point is that with the stats that he has accumulated over his first 4 years in the league, those are ridiculous statements. For example, how can he be inaccurate but have the best completion percentage over the first 4 years of a career in the history of the NFL but be an inaccurate QB? That is like an oxymoron. It just simply isn't true and the facts support it. What you state is your opinion that is simply proven not true based off of factual statistics. But obviously that is what you believe, which is fine. Maybe when he wins the Super Bowl you will change your mind. Maybe not!

I did say “I PERSONALLY think he is overrated” meaning that is how I MYSELF and no body else feels about him.

the stats you posted could be right, I don’t know for sure...? I don’t care enough about him to check.

I don’t see any stats about playoff wins or Super Bowl wins and appearances. What’s the stats on those?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think your taking this a little too personal and defensive.

Reread everything I said. I also said something towards, he has plenty of time to change my mind.

To compare him and his short career to a Dan Marino or Tom Brady is naive. Only time will tell.

I had a coach who used to say “opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink”. Your entitled to not smell my opinion but I have one and it’s mine, you can’t change it and I am not asking you to.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (31)
    Country
    Navy
    Kansas City Chiefs Kansas Jayhawks Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @pudge27t See arkcitystandup's Items on eBay Instagram:

200w_d.gif

Oh that escalated mighty quick. I didn't mean to spark anything, hopefully I didn't.

IMHO.... I do think he's a bit overrated as far as consistency. Comparing him to HOFers, I do agree it's a bit premature. Numbers never lie BUT they can be misleading. I for one think with the new additions, especially Ceedee Lamb we'll definitely see if that will change.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm not really saying I believe he is Dan Marino or Tom Brady. All I was doing was stating factual statistics: Tied for 5th w/Brady for best Total QBR in NFL history, 3rd in passing yards in the history of the NFL over the first 4 years of a career behind only Marino and Manning, 1st in completion percentage over the first 4 years of a career. That isn't me saying I believe he is a HOFer. All I am saying is that the stats don't lie. People want to sit there and say he is inaccurate. Tons of people say it all the time. To those people (and I am not saying you are one), you can't have the best completion percentage in the history of the game to start a career and be inaccurate.

You say he is overrated. What stats do you have to support that opinion?

I will say that if his numbers stay like they have been over his first 4 years, he will be in the HOF regardless of whether he wins one or not. Dak is putting up monster numbers. This coming season he will have an even better arsenal of weapons. If he can stay healthy, he is going to have an MVP year. Stats don't lie.

I think your taking this a little too personal and defensive.

Reread everything I said. I also said something towards, he has plenty of time to change my mind.

To compare him and his short career to a Dan Marino or Tom Brady is naive. Only time will tell.

I had a coach who used to say “opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink”. Your entitled to not smell my opinion but I have one and it’s mine, you can’t change it and I am not asking you to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, if his stats stay consistent over a “long career”, I agree, HOF, win or not.

What stats do I have? One statistic that I know off the top of my head since I will not waste any of my time to look up his inflated due to junk time stats is-

One (1, single, uno) playoff victory. And that came against a team that made the playoffs with a losing record as division champs of the worst division in the history of the NFL.

you keep bringing up the same stats over and over like it’s going to change my mind. One in particular is his career QBR that is tied with Brady. If he has the same or better QBR after 20 years, that will be impressive. But for now it don’t mean squat. An average over a 4 year sample period is so much easier to get a higher number than when you have to keep up the consistency for 20 years.

How many seasons did it take Marino to get to a Super Bowl? Same question with Elway and Brady? How many playoff victories did they have by their fourth year as starting QB?

Honestly, Full Disclosure. I could care less about Dak. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and am a major Cowboy hater. Can’t stand them and always have. No matter what you say or what Dak does on the field, I will NEVER like him, root for him, or be impressed by him in any way shape or form for as long as he has a star on his helmet.

Now for the sake of being sports fans, I don’t mind a friendly sports debate, if that’s all you want. That’s all I wanted. Well... actually I wasn’t looking for it but you called me out on my personal thoughts and opinions. Might be best to consider me one of those “internet trolls” when it comes to this particular conversation or any other about the Dallas Cowboys. Again, unless we can agree it’s just friendly sports smack talk and not get hurt by anything that’s said. But again, if you think you can change my mind it’s best to shake hands, agree to disagree and part ways.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Its all in good fun as far as I'm concerned. We all have our teams/players that we like as well as the ones we don't. It causes unreasonable biases, but that is part of the fun in smack talking. No hurt feelings here and hopefully none on your end. That wasn't the intent.

I did bring up the same stats on multiple occasions. However, if you compare pretty much every stat to Wentz or Goff, Dak's are better in almost every single meaningful category. Dak has more wins, TDs, better completion percentage, better Total QBR, etc...etc...etc... I personally think Wentz is a good quarterback with the capability to be one of the best. How many playoff wins does he have? ZERO! Does that mean he is overrated? Not in my opinion. It is simply due to the fact he can't stay healthy and on the field.

To each their own! Stats are what they are. If Dak still has only one playoff win over the next few years, I will be very disappointed. I also realize when Dak wins a Super Bowl and MVP that you will still be a hater. It's all good. I understand your pain of living in Cowboys land and being a hater. I definitely respect you because you admit that you are a hater. There are plenty of them out there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (31)
    Country
    Navy
    Kansas City Chiefs Kansas Jayhawks Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @pudge27t See arkcitystandup's Items on eBay Instagram:

Ok the main reason I said stats are deceiving is because if you throw in the teams they were playing against, DEF rankings and overall talent on each team to work with I think it narrows down the "good" or "greatness" factor. Key injuries on the opposing team are a big factor as well but when looked from afar it's not really noticed. It's like mentioning the Atlanta Falcons and saying they were "X" ranked DEF, but smashing them without Deion Sanders in his prime.

I mean I don't care that much to find out the numbers on that. And speaking on bias, YES absolutely true. Especially when talking about the Cowboys & their playoff/Super Bowl Wins. But like i said, Ceedee will change this up a lot IMHO.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Okay I think we have beaten the Dak dog to death and with everybody said no hard feelings and it is okay to hate the Cowboys. I just hate seeing labels put on people in comparing them the greats of the games only with 4-6 years. I will take back my comment about him being overrated with the stats Brant brought up. To many people want to rate a great QB with Super Bowl victories, to me that a bonus, look at all the yards Drew Brees has, to me he is a great QB. I think we all have different opinions on what a great QB. What I don't like is players only playing for money and no team loyalty. I don't thin any QB is worth 30 Million but that is my opinion.

As long as no one is hurt with the comments, I don't think it is bad for a little trash talking. If it hurts someone feelings then I guess I will need to step in and decide if any action needs to be taken.

Since I am the Football Manager on here I want a clean and friendly site for SCF!

Bake
    Football Manager
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rodger that Bake!

but got to say one more thing. Only because you brought up Drew Brees. He has won a Super Bowl..... just saying, now I’ll duck back into my corner and be a good boy with the rest of the other Bears fans.

ok ok one more thing.... Chicago hasn’t had a great QB since the 1940’s so maybe I am a little jealous????

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast