Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Silly Question Time

SCF Rewards
    Country

Silly Question Time

Cant seem to find my answer so Ill just fire away in here since y'all have been so helpful. When a card says for example 1 of 200 or 1/200 what is the difference? It seems like such a simple question to find in a forum or google search but no luck so far haha. Thanks in advance.

WES

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

1 OF 100 means there are 100 copies, and it's one of them, but not a serial number card, or item. All 100 say the same thing: 1 0f 100

1/100 means it's #1 of the 100, and the others have different numbers. 2/100, 46/100, and so on. Like most of the cards we see.

Panini Instant uses the OF on those cards, for example. Every card has the same number on the back, 1 OF 85 (or whatever the issue run was).

This is true for art as well. Bronze statues, paintings, etc. An artist is free to number an item anyway they want, but the accepted practice is as above.

At least that's how I always understood it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Perfect this makes sense thank you JWinn.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

No sweat!

Panini also confuses things up a bit.

My first Instant card was an Orange version supposedly serial numbered to 50. But my Andy Janovich has "2 OF 50" on the back.

??????

And I don't think they even made the 50. So, I am confused on that card, and unfortunately haven't spent the time researching other copies to try to figure that one out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Pheonix Suns
    See Jumper48's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

When I hear the "One of..." I always think back to the One of 10,000 cards that always seemed very limited back in the 90s.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When I hear the "One of..." I always think back to the One of 10,000 cards that always seemed very limited back in the 90s.

They were 1 of 10000 but NOT ser #d, Classic was good at that

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I collect Derek Jeter and they did that with a few of his Pre Rookie cards. Thanks Jordan Winn for making that make more sense, I always wondered about 1 of 45,000!
    Last edited by bakemeister52; 02-24-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

Yup, Classics (Pro Line - remember them?) was notorious at that. The "Artist Proofs" numbered 1 of 495, all had the same stamp on them. And a TON of those 1 of 10,000 cards.

Those were big pulls in 1992 or so, lol.
    Last edited by JWinn; 02-25-2017 at 06:30 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems like there is potential in every box these days for big pulls.....well, at least for everyone else lol. Lots of very nice cards out there makes it fun to collect.