Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have listed a number of my cards I have bought for way more then I bought them for. One reason, my mail has not been reliable lately so what else should I do with them. The normal guy is retiring I think. Second reason is you cant view the back of the card unless you relist it, cant be seen from inventory manager, so if you want to see the actual card you own it has to be listed. Thats why I have done it anyway

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I find, more often than not for mid-range stuff, I can get a better deal off COMC than ebay. It's a great place to browse. I'm getting the feeling when some people automatically go to "COMC, or eBay, is so over-priced", or "The shipping is ridiculous on ALL cards sold there...only a crazy person would use it," it's more a matter of that person just being uncomfortable using online resources to buy and sell. And that's ok, but these blanket statements are so far from the truth. Sometimes there are bad deals, many times there are good deals.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If there are good deals on there i have not found them. I collect 1 player, Cujo & all his cards except for commons are spo way overpriced that i just took COMC off my Favorites Bar. Like i said, there are cards on there listed that i paid a third of what they are asking, sometimes less & Canadians asking for $15 & up to ship even within Canada. I send packages within Canada for usually around $2. I best get my line & hook cause the Suckers are biting!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Shipping on COMC is $4.99 plus 5%, I believe, for import charges. You'd have to buy $200 worth of stuff to hit $15 shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I just recently signed on to the Sportlots site, and have picked up a decent amount of cards for my player collections, and I have more to get from there yet. I was looking at the COMC option next because filling the holes seems affordable still even though the pricing is up on shipping. I have seen some deals still in place, but others are a bit high(out to lunch as per James).

However my preferred method of acquiring cards for my collection has been here on SCF. I just wish more of the sellers would make a stop here so I didn't have to go there...
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If there are good deals on there i have not found them. I collect 1 player, Cujo & all his cards except for commons are spo way overpriced that i just took COMC off my Favorites Bar. Like i said, there are cards on there listed that i paid a third of what they are asking, sometimes less & Canadians asking for $15 & up to ship even within Canada. I send packages within Canada for usually around $2. I best get my line & hook cause the Suckers are biting!!

So make offers and see what happens. It's not a take it or leave it price.

Also, are you looking at COMC.com or COMC's listings on eBay? This statement leads me to think you're looking at COMC listings on eBay and not COMC.com:

I see $3 with $22 shipping.

Shipping on COMC is usually (exception being cards shipped to your COMC mailbox) a flat rate and is laid out here: https://www.comc.com/shipping.aspx So I honestly don't know where you're getting "Canadians asking for $15 & up to ship even within Canada" for the rates. The only ways you're paying that much for shipping are: a) you've chosen to ship Xpress (which is always recommended when you're making a high-value purchase so that you have a tracking number), or b) buying a significant number of cards that pushes the duty fee to over $10, which, again, is a function of making a high-value purchase.

Cards on COMC in the great majority of cases are not handled by individual sellers; they're at the COMC warehouse in Redmond, WA. To get those cards into Canada for Canadian buyers (so that they can ship from their Burnaby, BC, office) they have to pay duty fees to get them over the border. That's built into the fee schedule above.

The line of explanation you're providing here doesn't really jive with my years of experience on the site, so I'm more than a little confused at some of the conclusions you're jumping to in this thread.
    Last edited by RGM81; 02-26-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, i looked at COMC itself, i also see them on EBay as well. I just got mixed up with the shipping.EBay is the 1 that has $20 shipping fees. I will look again at COMC as i could not find the Make an Offer option like EBay has on some cards.. Thanks for the info..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

You have to purchase enough store credit to cover whatever offer you are making. This eliminates non-paying buyers. This can be a deal breaker for some, but it's really not a big deal. Purchase your credit, make your offer(s), pay for your shipping and have any unused funds refunded if you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I love COMC for both buying and selling. For buying, you won't be able to find better deals anywhere for low-end cards since you pay one shipping rate for multiple purchases from multiple sellers. For selling, it's a godsend for cards less than $10 - listing hundreds of Ebay auctions for cheap cards is not feasable for most people, just mail them to COMC and you're done.
    Hidden Content
    Wanted: Blues #'d, AU, GU. Especially Federko, CuJo, Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Tarasenko

My Traders on Flickr - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

However my preferred method of acquiring cards for my collection has been here on SCF. I just wish more of the sellers would make a stop here so I didn't have to go there...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast