Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

DNA test says Subway chicken is only 50% chicken

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...ly-50-chicken/

According to a Canadian study, a DNA test showed only half of Subway’s oven-roasted patty is made with real chicken.

Subway was among five fast-food restaurants whose chicken the Canadian Broadcast Corporation had tested.

The results showed the Oven Roasted Chicken patties averaged 53.6 percent chicken DNA while the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki strips came in at 42.8 percent.

The sandwich chain refuted the results of the DNA test in a released statement:

“SUBWAY Canada cannot confirm the veracity of the results of the lab testing you had conducted. However, we are concerned by the alleged findings you cite with respect to the proportion of soy content. Our chicken strips and oven roasted chicken contain 1% or less of soy protein. We use this ingredient in these products as a means to help stabilize the texture and moisture. All of our chicken items are made from 100% white meat chicken which is marinated, oven roasted and grilled. We tested our chicken products recently for nutritional and quality attributes and found it met our food quality standards. We will look into this again with our supplier to ensure that the chicken is meeting the high standard we set for all of our menu items and ingredients.”

In case you wondered what the rest of the patties and chicken strips are made of: It’s soy.

The same test was done on the chicken Wendy’s and McDonald’s serve.

Wendy’s grilled chicken sandwich averaged 88.5 percent chicken, while McDonald’s Grilled Country Chicken averaged 84.9 percent, according to the findings.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See heatonalex2012's Items on eBay

I would have expected the results to be the other way around between Subway and McDonalds.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would have expected the results to be the other way around between Subway and McDonalds.

I think it has to do with the fact that McDonalds can afford to use better quality stuff because they had more items on the menu to make their money back. Soda, coffee, and any other drink should make them a big profit. I haven't been in one in over a decade so I don't even know what else they sell that would net them money for nothing but the fries cost them nothing to make so it comes down the burgers and stuff for higher costs. For Subway they really just sell "foot long" subs for like $5 or $6 each so you have to use the cheapest stuff to make the most money. Probably why they skimp out on the chicken and rely on soy protein so much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

"Subway- Eat Fresh"

Fresh what?
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports