Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Done with the Hobby

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Blazin_pyro's Items on eBay

First I want to say thanks for all the well wishes I received and I'm so sorry for the family you have lost to cancer. I lost my mom one year before my first diagnosis with cancer. I'm not totally back but was bored so I came here. Just wanted to look around. After six months of IV bone therapy, three months of chemo, three months of pills, three procedures and a partridge in a pear tree I'm still living. This is my week off from chemo. They are now going to do a MRI on my brain for the possibly of cancer there. A little scary. But I look at as a lose/lose situation. They are going to find one of two things -- cancer or such a small brain that they will wonder how I have lived this long!! I hope someone laughed.

Well I will go around looking through the threads to see if I have missed anything good plus I may start one or two for my son. Everyone have a good day trading. Thanks again.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

First I want to say thanks for all the well wishes I received and I'm so sorry for the family you have lost to cancer. I lost my mom one year before my first diagnosis with cancer. I'm not totally back but was bored so I came here. Just wanted to look around. After six months of IV bone therapy, three months of chemo, three months of pills, three procedures and a partridge in a pear tree I'm still living. This is my week off from chemo. They are now going to do a MRI on my brain for the possibly of cancer there. A little scary. But I look at as a lose/lose situation. They are going to find one of two things -- cancer or such a small brain that they will wonder how I have lived this long!! I hope someone laughed.

Well I will go around looking through the threads to see if I have missed anything good plus I may start one or two for my son. Everyone have a good day trading. Thanks again.

Welcome back around here on SCF. And yes, I did have a chuckle at your brain joke. It's nice you have a sense of humour about these things.

Sending well wishes your way, plus a prayer or two if you don't mind.

Keep fighting and focus on getting better to beat this thing :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Thoughts and prayers are with you and you can beat this bro. My Dad lost his fight 15 years ago and we have been told that my Mother In Law now has days our a few weeks at the most to live by Hospice. Get better and keep your spirits positive.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks crease and bake. The one thing that has never left me is my humor. I may not be positive all the time when they only say negative things about what is going on but I still have my humor. Even if I am the only one laughing. Bakemeister52 I'm sorry about your Mother In Law.

Thanks again for the thoughts

SCF Rewards
    Country

How is everyone? I wanted to say a couple of things about the people here. You can look at the dates. I have been out for a while plus some. I want to express my gratitude and thanks for everyone who gave me the great comments, nice thoughts and prayers. I know they helped because I'm still living. It's been a long road but I'm not totally done. I've got another year and a half of cancer pills after the chemo. But I know it's just another small hill to climb. Even though I get really tired I figured it was time to come back and do something.

I did have two setbacks in the 15 months. My Uncle died from cancer and that was his second time also. Pretty sad and I guess it brings into reality this being my second time. Next I have decided to retire. I call it a forced retirement since by the time the doctor says I can go back I'll be around 62 and I'm thinking that might be too old to go back as a Fire Captain and start all over again. I was more bummed about that then getting the cancer because after 32 years it's what I lived for everyday and I wanted to retire on my own terms. Life will go on and some young firefighters will have to deal with me in a classroom setting. I feel sorry for them especially if they fall asleep!!

Thank you very much for everything.

Robert

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Glad you chimed in with a update on how your doing.

as for the classroom setting I take it you have something lined up? Always nice to have something to occupy all that free time.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Glad you chimed in with a update on how your doing.

as for the classroom setting I take it you have something lined up? Always nice to have something to occupy all that free time.

Don

Thanks Don

I am going back to what I have done since 2002. Teaching at the local Fire Academy. I have only missed two years. Both to cancer. It's not full-time but it's a few hours to get going again. Plus I'm looking at teaching for the National Fire Academy. Got one class lined up right now. Obviously I like teaching/instructing because I get to give something back. I've got a few other things I want to do so I'm not sitting down all the time. I think that has been one of the roughest things this past year. The limitations that have been given to me. Not used to be sitting around.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Blazin Pyro ... you're an inspiration and I wish you all the best!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Blazin Pyro ... you're an inspiration and I wish you all the best!

Thank you very much for the kind words. My thoughts are that if it helps someone in any way, even if they don't have cancer, then it was worth telling about my struggles and trying to make a comeback. My mom was my inspiration during her life and the time she had cancer. She lost her battle but she would not want me to give up.

Thanks again for the extra inspiration.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123