Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Find Underneath My Bed!

Sweet Find Underneath My Bed!

NOT-Organizing cards is not very fun. I have a show tomm. and once every three months or so I do the ultimate organizing routine. I more or less re-organize thousands of cards, and price hundreds. I don't know if the word is frustrating, probably more like boring. But, it gives you the greatest sense of accomplishment when all the boxes are stacked neatly and binders full and in order. How do you guys prefer cards to be when you are lookng for them at shows?
    Here is how I do it:
    Binder with all Bowman Chrome Rookies and Chrome Draft in By Year, Set and Number.
    Binder with all lower-end Game-Used Autos, Parallels, Inserts etc.
    One 5,000 count box with Rookies organized in alphabetical order by Year and Set (numbers get mixed by people right away, so I don't waste my time.)
    One 2,000 count box with newly released sets with all cards, stars and not at .20 each or 6/1. The rest of commons in by team in alphabetical order, .10 a piece 11/1. Those are all 2001-Present. All superstars not sold after new releases are transferred into thin sleeves and top loaders and sold at .75 each, with inserts and such anywhere from a buck to five dollars, all priced.
    All Showcase worthy cards ($30-$500 are put just there, in the showcase (usually abut 25 cards.) And the boxes (please don't yell), in Rubbermaid boxes, not tupperware like I mistakenly said. Cases are stacked. I have to get there at 7:00, and set up (people are usually there at 8:00 for the 9:00 show, different story for mall shows.) Then the show starts (obviously) and most selling gets done from 8:00-11:00. Packing up goes extremely quick, and im out. If anyone lives in PA, MD, or NJ, please reply, it's a small show (20 Tables) but it's VERY solid. I'll let you know where it is. Thanks!

2. Kronozio
    PLEASE STOP MISUSING THE WORD MOJO-MOJO IS A BIG PULL (OVER $100) NOT A TEN DOLLAR JERSEY!!
    A bit off topic, but I Couldn't agree more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSUrrender
    PLEASE STOP MISUSING THE WORD MOJO-MOJO IS A BIG PULL (OVER $100) NOT A TEN DOLLAR JERSEY!!
    Sorry about prolonging the off-topicalness (is that a word?) but...

The above is actually another misuse of the word "mojo". According to thefreedictionary.com, this is the definition of "mojo":

1. A magic charm or spell.
    2. An amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic items, worn by adherents of hoodoo or voodoo.
    3. Personal magnetism; charm.

dictionary.com and Merriam-Webster Online both have similar definitions for "mojo" with NO references to sportscards.

However, in our sportscard hobby, "mojo" is a pretty well-known and accepted part of the hobby language. I just haven't been able to find an authoritative hobby website that has an actual definition for "mojo".

As far as I'm concerned, "mojo" is any card that a collector is thrilled to have pulled, (regardless of $ value of the card). But what do I know? LOL...

Andy

No, Major Mojo is what you make it.

If it had a value why would it be 50 anyway?

Mojo is reletive. If someone collects urlacher, and another person collects t. suggs, if they both pull two jerseys of both players. One will love the Suggs and maybe not the urlacher, and vice versa. Each will have "mojo" in their own minds...huge cards like $300 cards I look at as universal mojo...everyone (well...99%) love the card. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Vick_All_The_Way
    Mojo is reletive. If someone collects urlacher, and another person collects t. suggs, if they both pull two jerseys of both players. One will love the Suggs and maybe not the urlacher, and vice versa. Each will have "mojo" in their own minds...huge cards like $300 cards I look at as universal mojo...everyone (well...99%) love the card. Just my 2 cents
    Not if it's from Exquisite;)

Quote Originally Posted by SingleDaddyof2

As far as I'm concerned, "mojo" is any card that a collector is thrilled to have pulled, (regardless of $ value of the card). But what do I know? LOL...

Andy
    I think you know a lot! (probably because I agree with you- lol)

It doesn't have to be a high-end card as long as it's something you like . I pulled a Roscoe Parrish SPX RC last year. The card will probably never be close to booking at $100, but I was really happy to pull a card for my PC- hence the "mojo".
    "In space no one can eat ice cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by SingleDaddyof2

Andy
    I agree. MOJO is an abstract idea in this case. What might be considered MOJO for one person, might not be for another. To each his/her own I say.

mojo can be any card that is worth something to you. I believe

chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast