Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Update and Big Announcement!!

Hi Folks,

Two things:

1. Update: I promise that everything will be fully updated by the end of the day today (Sunday, March 5th). It's taken a little longer than anticipated to get you your SCF Reward Point payouts for February, but that looks to finally be resolved by tomorrow. The spreadsheet will also be fully updated and all streaks that have occurred since the calendar flipped over to March will also be paid out. It's about time, right? My apologies in the delay.

2. The BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that I referred to in the thread title..... Starting IMMEDIATELY, the RP payout for each question is going up. From now on, unless otherwise stated specifically, level 1 questions will now be worth 2 RPs rather than 1 RP, level 2 questions will be worth 5 RPs rather than 2 RPs, and the difficult level 3 questions will now be worth 10 RPs for each correct guess, rather than the previous 3 RPs.

I found that the end-of-the-month payouts, given the number of questions you are having to answer and how difficult this can be, were lower than what a fair reward for your efforts should be. Especially when the monthly winner is taking home an additional 1500 RPs, payouts of 40, 50, or 60 RPs for a month's worth of work seemed to me to be, well, not rewarding enough. Scaling back on the 1500 monthly reward seemed like a poor resolution, so I decided that the new 2-5-10 payout system (on day's when there's the 3 levels of questions) will replace the old 1-2-3 system. I think the new system not only rewards you more for your accuracy, but the incentive to go for the harder questions is also more in line with what it should be.

I can't help but notice that there are regularly more participants in the contest on a regular basis now, which is really awesome, and with this new, more generous, SCF Reward Points payout system in place going forward, hopefully we can get even more people on the site involved in this. March Madness is right around the corner, spring is right around the corner, NHL and NBA playoffs aren't too far off, and as I'm sure you've noticed, we now have MLS soccer action to add to the mix, as their season just kicked off. It's exciting times, and I didn't even mention the dawning of another MLB season only a month away. I hope everyone is feeling lucky skillful!!!

Best,
    Paul
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 03-05-2017 at 01:36 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Sweet and thanks Paul for all your hard work! I was lucky in February but I am glad to get more people involved and the higher points should see the gambler's in hopefully more people also!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Paul, will level 3 questions be worth 10 RP AND 10 points to your streak, or will it be 10 RP and 3 points to your streak?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Paul, will level 3 questions be worth 10 RP AND 10 points to your streak, or will it be 10 RP and 3 points to your streak?

That's a very good question, because if it's 10 towards the streak as well, then it'll be a lot easier to get to that 60 mark, won't it? I hadn't thought of that implication... I'd rather not have to renege here, but in being generous towards the overall RP payout, maybe the streak element has been compromised. Perhaps there needs to be a separation of the two in how they're scored from now on.

PM me, Andrew!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a very good question, because if it's 10 towards the streak as well, then it'll be a lot easier to get to that 60 mark, won't it? I hadn't thought of that implication... I'd rather not have to renege here, but in being generous towards the overall RP payout, maybe the streak element has been compromised. Perhaps there needs to be a separation of the two in how they're scored from now on.

PM me, Andrew!

That was exactly my thought- all it would take would be 6 level 3 questions correct! I'm about to head to the airport, but will shoot you a message later tonight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Simple solution: Enact the daily RP payout increase as announced, but keep the streak scores at 1/2/3 as they have been. I could even create the term "SP" (Streak points) to differentiate between SP and RP, with SP being points towards the streak, and RP being general SCF Reward Point accumulation.

What say you all?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's not a bad thought! Would take a bit more work to score, but I like it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Simple solution: Enact the daily RP payout increase as announced, but keep the streak scores at 1/2/3 as they have been. I could even create the term "SP" (Streak points) to differentiate between SP and RP, with SP being points towards the streak, and RP being general SCF Reward Point accumulation.

What say you all?

Today is just day 1 for me, but after reading through everything this seems like the best way to go. Excited to get started!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is settled, I will just track the daily/monthly Reward Point totals (RP) and the streak point totals (SP), still abiding by the 1-2-3 points format, separately.