Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Brandin Cooks traded to New England

Big time pickup for New England. The gods smiling on Brady again

SCF Rewards
    Country

and the rich get richer....

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Basically traded their 32nd pick for Cooks as the 3rd rounder they sent, they got back a 4th that is only 15 picks later. Great pickup for Brady and the Pats.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If Cooks had a long-term contract I'd say it was a genius trade but since he could leave after next year, which is actually very likely as he'll probably want a whole lot more $$$$ than the Pats will be willing to pay ... I will say if they don't win the ring with him this year it will have been a bad trade as with that 1st round pick they could have, at the very least, gotten a player that would contribute for 5 years.

Personally though, I think they will win it all again and Cooks will have a monster year which will make the trade worth it ... even if he bolts in free agency.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I dont think he will bolt he has always wanted to be on a winning team and there is no team that wins more then the Pats. They will sign him to long term contract

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I dont think he will bolt he has always wanted to be on a winning team and there is no team that wins more then the Pats. They will sign him to long term contract

You could be 100% right ... I just doubt it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

He'll leave, money talks. pats will just make adjustments.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like the move for the Saints but it seems to be a wait and see on the Patriots side. I guess they can't get a WR in the draft and will hope to either win again or resign him (which I don't think is a given). Do the Patriots really need a WR upgrade to help their team or could they use that pick to find a position more in need of an upgrade? They always have Gronk so you don't need to rely on the WRs so much with an elite TE as other teams do though he always seems to get hurt and is never fully healthy.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I think this was a really good move by the Pats. They havent had a deep threat like this since Randy Moss. I believe the Pats will sign him to a few year deal just to give Brady a target for his last remaining years. And the move wasb\nbt all about money the Saints offered him a ton of cash he wanted out of New Orleans cash wasnt the problem

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Brandin cooks 24 years old for the 1st rd #32 pick? Awesome draft pick at that spot lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast