Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

2012-13 Timeless Treasures tins - get them while you can

I'm amazed at the low prices these are still going for, and at the wide level of availability they still have. I've gotten some sweet rookie auto hits out of them. Some tins will be duds, but given the odds, they are worth between the $50 and $60 they are going for on several box selling sites. I encourage collectors to go after these while they still can. /499 and relatively easily obtainable rookie autos include Kawhi, Isaiah Thomas, Klay, Beal, and Drummond. Thomas' prices have already gone upward and Beal's are starting to as well given their individual and team successes this season in the East. There are also the Anthony Davis rookie auto hits (/188) and Kyrie (/399). Jimmy Butler's and Kemba Walker's are redemptions.

There are also Silver (/25), Gold (/10), and Platinum (/1) variations of the autographed rookies. I got an Isaiah Thomas /25 and Iman Shumpert /1 in past hits.

Ordered another tin recently and hope to get one of the good rooks.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What price and where are you getting them? Hope you do good on your next tin.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

I'm so leery of those all-or-nothing releases...because I usually get skunked. That's why in recent years I've shied away from products like Court Kings. I like my base cards - probably because I'm a set builder at heart. But yeah, that is a good rookie year, and I'm sure wholesalers are trying to make room for new/newer product. But maybe I will I give this is a shot on my next purchase, and at least now I know who to blame if I get a dud.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

LOL...it's honestly not that bad. Better a dud on this than a dud on some of those ultra high end products. At least with this, if you get two duds and two really good tins, you end up even. I sold the Shump for $80 and now the Thomas is really hot, if only I had held onto it longer.

As for the prices, I've gotten them from these:

Charm City - $59
    DA Card World - $59.95
    Steel City - $49.95

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

I'm not familiar with this wholesaler.

I usually buy from either DACW, SCC, or Blowout Cards. As their prices are so comparable on newer products, it really comes down to the clearance prices as far as which direction I lean to on that particular purchase. I'm a sucker for older product, so I almost always mix in a little bit of it on every purchase.

I never buy my wax on Ebay. More often than not you're just buying the crap that's left over after a case break, at least that's been my experience anyway. And then there's the, "hot packs" - don't even get me started there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL...it's honestly not that bad. Better a dud on this than a dud on some of those ultra high end products. At least with this, if you get two duds and two really good tins, you end up even. I sold the Shump for $80 and now the Thomas is really hot, if only I had held onto it longer.

As for the prices, I've gotten them from these:

Charm City - $59
    DA Card World - $59.95
    Steel City - $49.95

Yeah for the price these are a good buy. Much better than buying something from this rookie class. I mean I don't think any of these guys are going to be at Lebron like levels in 5 years or anything but for a rip and flip to get something nice you can't really go wrong as around $50-$60 is nothing in the collecting world for box prices.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've bought from Charm City the most, lots of boxes over the years. They are really good. I also do DACW, and I recently discovered Steel City.

And yeah pwaldo that was my thinking. There's decent shot at some really nice rookie autos for a price that isn't insane. Kawhi, Klay, Anthony Davis, Draymond (forgot to mention him in my post), and Kyrie are legit superstars who have already accomplished much. And then the other guys I mentioned, several of them are having massive years. Plus the rookie autos just look nice -- they are done over a clear glass-like surface. There are shots at the rare Kobe Anthology stuff, too -- I got a /24 jersey out of one of the Anthology packs once.

So yeah, I stand by picking up these things while they're still cheap. Why spend hundreds chasing after one guy in Giannis (2013-14 products have gone up) when you can get many more proven superstars in this 2012-13 product? I mean, Giannis vs. Kawhi, Klay, Davis, Draymond, and the others I mentioned. It's really a no-brainer.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm not familiar with this wholesaler.

I usually buy from either DACW, SCC, or Blowout Cards. As their prices are so comparable on newer products, it really comes down to the clearance prices as far as which direction I lean to on that particular purchase. I'm a sucker for older product, so I almost always mix in a little bit of it on every purchase.

I never buy my wax on Ebay. More often than not you're just buying the crap that's left over after a case break, at least that's been my experience anyway. And then there's the, "hot packs" - don't even get me started there.

One of the best thing to buy on eBay is new cases. As you can sometimes get a good price as long as you can wet the beak of the dealer ordering it for you. As they might not gouge you as much as a wholesaler who knows the product will be hot. I seen some nice prices on cases of new product from time to time. Of course i be leery of people with less than stellar feedback or a track record to support any such large purchase.

DON