Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wsoxfan's TTM thread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox
    See musicandcomics19's Items on eBay

Lots of mail today, but only one success. As expected, Steve Carlton, Carlton Fisk, and Ron LeFlore all sent back the cards unsigned asking for a donation. I've realized how important reading the comments is, not just the success percentage. Rookie mistake, I guess. In addition, I couldn't help myself and sent out four more requests today:
    Brian Clark
    Nicky Delmonico
    Brad Goldberg
    Danny Tartabull
    Today's success is Lyle Mouton, who signed a '96 Fleer Metal card in black sharpie. I was a little worried about the glossiness of the card, but I used the eraser trick and it turned out pretty nicely. 8 day return from his Palm Harbor, FL address in the TTM database.
    Current success rate: 40%!
    LBIG5957.jpg
    Last edited by wsoxfan; 03-24-2017 at 03:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimmyz86's Items on eBay

Lots of mail today, but only one success. As expected, Steve Carlton, Carlton Fisk, and Ron LeFlore all sent back the cards unsigned asking for a donation. I've realized how important reading the comments are, not just the success percentage. Rookie mistake, I guess. In addition, I couldn't help myself and sent out four more requests today:
    Brian Clark
    Nicky Delmonico
    Brad Goldberg
    Danny Tartabull
    Today's success is Lyle Mouton, who signed a '96 Fleer Metal card in black sharpie. I was a little worried about the glossiness of the card, but I used the eraser trick and it turned out pretty nicely. 8 day return from his Palm Harbor, FL address in the TTM database.
    Current success rate: 40%!
    LBIG5957.jpg

Those were my favorite cards when I was a kid. It looks great with the signature on it...congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox

Those were my favorite cards when I was a kid. It looks great with the signature on it...congrats!

Thanks! I grew up with these too, and have a few more out in the mail. Hopefully, they'll all come back and I'll have a little signed team set going!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox

Okay, six successes today (!) so bear with me. First up is Mike Squires, who signed his '82 Donruss base card in blue sharpie. 8 day return from his Wicker Pointe, Kalamazoo, MI address in the TTM database.
    VPOG3079.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox

Next is Bill Gogolewski, who signed his '75 SSPC card in blue sharpie. 5 day return from his Oshkosh, WI address in the TTM database. Really fast!
    DAUT4061.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox

Next is Floyd Bannister, who signed his '88 Score card in blue sharpie. 9 day return from his Paradise Valley, AZ address in the TTM database.
    WHYG0166.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox

Next is Ron Kittle, who signed his '86 Donruss card in black sharpie. 9 day return from his Mokena, IL address in the TTM database.
    WXUW8318.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox

Next is Roberto Hernandez, who signed his '96 Donruss base card in blue sharpie. 9 day return from his Gulfport, FL address in the TTM database.
    PPRK2905.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox

Okay, this is the big one. I sent to Bobby Molinaro's Delray Beach, FL address in the TTM database on 3/17. I asked for his signature on an '81 Topps and in return got that signed plus 6! He added '82 Donruss, '79 and '82 Topps, '82 and '83 Fleer, and a personalized photo. He also included a collectible Yankees pin from the '90s. I won't post all the photos, but this was just amazing. Thank you Mr. Molinaro!!!
    Current success rate: 73%!
    RIAN3072.jpg
    Last edited by wsoxfan; 03-26-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast