Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Flat Earthers

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

NBA Flat Earthers

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/so-appa...035813782.html

I'm getting to the point of wanting to tune out everything players do off the court. Then again, I guess that would de-humanize them, and I'd be viewing them just as objects who throw a ball into a net for my entertainment.

But nonetheless...sheesh. So much dumb stuff players say and do off the court these days, and the media microscope makes it all the easier to find and hear.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

This reminds me of the story several years ago where Carl Everett was teaching his children that dinosaurs never existed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There are TONS of videos on YouTube about "Flat Earth" stuff ... it's not just NBA players that believe it ... it's a ton of people.

I don't know enough about it to really comment but I watched this video recently and can say that it is definitely thought provoking:

Honestly, I LOVE IT when people like Kyrie and Shaq actually say what they think without caring about the pc police and what their sponsors will say ... I have nothing but respect for people being "real".

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will say that I believe ALL the NASA "earth from space" images are complete nonsense, that much I do believe ... if the earth is spinning at 1k+ miles per hour ALL images of it would be completely blurry. Try taking a picture of even a person "spinning" at 1 mph ... it doesn't work.

Furthermore, I'm no scientist and therefore like to look at both sides of arguments like this but from what I have seen, the Flat Earth crowd's "points" are never actually answered or refuted and they are instead just ignored, which strikes me as strange ... I don't like being told what to believe and I absolutely despise people that believe certain info or debates should be "silenced" or "ridiculed to the point they are silenced" ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This reminds me of the story several years ago where Carl Everett was teaching his children that dinosaurs never existed.

I've got to look this up now ... I find eccentric people interesting and I know "some" so-called "conspiracy theories" are far more plausible that the official party line, so ... I guess I'll look up dinosaurs now ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, I have no idea if dinosaurs in general never existed and the entire idea seems strange but it took me all of 30 seconds to find out the Brontosaurus and the Triceratops NEVER existed and I am bummed :-( I loved those two dinos and even had some toys of each when I am young ... things that make you go hmmmm ...

See: http://www.menshealth.com/guy-wisdom...xisted/slide/4

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Bible talks about the "circle of the Earth."

Shaq has since taken back his comment and told people he was joking. Irving has not and may still believe in a flat Earth.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Bible talks about the "circle of the Earth."

Shaq has since taken back his comment and told people he was joking. Irving has not and may still believe in a flat Earth.

Kyrie was NOT joking at all and neither are a lot of others ... Shaq, I have no idea as he's always been a big goof ball.

As for the Bible thing ... a "circle" can be said to be flat ... for example a penny is a flat circle, it's not a ball like sphere ... just saying.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I know there is wide-spread debate on the issue, I was just saying that a penny is a flat circle so the word circle does not necessarily mean a sphere and could mean a flat circle.

I'm not God and don't know the exact shape of the earth ... but I do know NASA's pictures are straight nonsense and that anyone with a brain can easily understand such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast