Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I realize that, I just meant I hope he has done a fresh signing with them. UD hasn't had any Elliott autos since his rookie year 07-08, would be nice to see a few pop up in a few releases this year.

Does Elliot even sign for UD? The rookie year stuff is a given, but seeing as how he didn't get any autos when he was the guy in St. Louis I would assume they tried to get his autos with no luck. So I would assume, like it has been already stated, that it would be a sticker dump on this Priority Signings release. I wouldn't fret though. I love Priority Signings cards, I find them very unique and can be sweet adds to a PC.

I hope I'm wrong though. Elliot did have some stuff in Panini, so I'm sure he's game for some autograph signing. Wish UD would bring him on board for a release or two. Something at least. Who knows.

More Elliot autos out there would be sweet. He's had quite a few collectors out there.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The old way they did the redemptions, it was a pain in the butt.

Everyone lined up, and you'd wait upwards of an hour to open your box at one of the few designated times..... you'd get an autographed card guaranteed... most of them were "sticker dumps" ( I remember the year I got two Artim Antisimovs!) but you had a chance at Gretzky, as you pointed out. There were some amazing hits available to box breakers.

Now? I like the change to the packs with UD Midnight. I think if they added YGs to the parallel set - that would offset the lack of great autographs available.... it would also be cheap & easy for them to do. It got rid of the lines, makes the program easy to access (that's a good thing) but with so few chances at a really good hit - I'm not sure it's worth buying there... especially if you can get a better deal on the wax elsewhere.

That's the other thing that UD started doing with the Expo that bugs me. It's not just opening a box... it's opening one with a slip of paper from the dealer you bought it from. I can't buy a box from my LCS and bring to the Expo anymore (that's what I used to do) and there is no competition with dealers on box pricing. Used to be that a box would run you $75 (CND, taxes in) and at various points during the show you'd see them marked down to $60. Dealers can't do that anymore - if they don't agree to the set price, they can't give you slips for the cards. So not only s UD giving less value to the box breakers than they used to.... they've also fixed the price to make sure you can't get any kind of deal.

LOL! That was funny!

Yeah, bad enough a box doesn't give you a shot at a premium player, but it's also disappointing that you aren't guaranteed at least a scrub Priority Signing. Especially since you have to buy an overpriced box on the show floor now. At least it was something.

But, the redemption program was how I pulled my one and only Gretzky signed card and that was pretty cool!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

Definitely interested in Danault, Radulov and Weber autos..

P-C
    --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12