Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

New addition for the hockey folks out there.
    Hockey Hall of Famers GUY LaFLEUR & ED BELFOUR Added to the Chicago @nsccshow TRISTAR Autograph Lineup!
    http://www.tristarproductions.com/sc....html#National

A pretty good list of hockey hall of famers as of now. one of th best I seen

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    I hope that this posting will help me reunited with a great collector. A few years ago when the National was in Baltimore, I was there w/my friend Loqtus of here when we ran into an Asian-American by the name of Mike who was attending his 1st ever National Sports Card Convention. Mike was a bubbly nice guy with great interest in the collecting world taking in the experience of a lifetime seeing everything he thought of from box breaks to getting autographs to seeing different dealers as well for you see this show was the very very much the 1st show Mike ever attended it was the equivalent of a draft pick going right from draft day starting with the big club the next day without any knowledge of the club. Well just say Mike had a grand time we met him before stepping into the show then once it started he went looking for what he wanted then we caught up with him just a the show was nearly done for the day. He was wondering if anyone could give him a lift back to the either a bus or train station cause he offer for the ride back an autographed manufactured patch #'d 7/10 of Joe Theisman we told him to hang on to it since it was a magnificent card to have since it was the magic number cause Joe wore #7 at Notre Dame. Then that would be the first & only time we saw Mike. So I was wondering if anyone might know of him & if he's still collecting or been to any other shows since then I would like to get in touch with him & swap tales again about the encounter as well other things related to the collecting world. So if anyone knows Mike let him know that a fellow collector never forgotten about the new experiences a person attended a National could have. Also if he still has that card or not.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Don- Do you know why they moved the show up a week?
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Nashville Predators Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs

My wife and I are planning to go, and this will be my first major show to attend. I have a few questions however, that I hope you can answer since it sounds like many of you have gone before. My want list includes a graded Connor McDavid SP FWA or a graded Gretzky RC as well as other mid and lower grade cards that I've had on my list. I also just plan to browse and pick up other cards I see and like. Since I've never purchased at a show, I'm curious about a few things:

- I know this is a loaded question, but are prices generally at eBay levels, higher? I assume not lower.
    - Do dealers prefer you to pay with cash or CC or does it matter?
    - I'm planning to spend 2 days on the floor. Would it be better to go Thu / Fri or Sat / Sun?

Don't feel like you have to answer every question. I'm just looking for some general tips and guidelines so I can plan ahead.

Thanks!
    - Jerry
    Last edited by jcharles66; 04-24-2017 at 06:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

My wife and I are planning to go, and this will be my first major show to attend. I have a few questions however, that I hope you can answer since it sounds like many of you have gone before. My want list includes a graded Connor McDavid SP FWA or a graded Gretzky RC as well as other mid and lower grade cards that I've had on my list. I also just plan to browse and pick up other cards I see and like. Since I've never purchased at a show, I'm curious about a few things:

- I know this is a loaded question, but are prices generally at eBay levels, higher? I assume not lower.
    - I'm planning to spend 2 days on the floor. Would it be better to go Thu / Fri or Sat / Sun?

Don't feel like you have to answer every question. I'm just looking for some general tips and guidelines so I can plan ahead.

Thanks!
    - Jerry

Jerry- The hot stuff will be hard to find at any sort of bargain prices. With the costs involved in dealers getting to the show I would expect you will find mostly higher prices for McDavid and Gretzky

Most dealers prefer cash because the credit card companies take a percentage on all credit card sales

I think Sunday is a good day to go because dealers are more willing to cut deals than take cards home with them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Jerry you might want to see if you can get a chance to go on opening night so you can get a better idea of what to expect at the show as well get some nice stuff prior to the show hence the reasoning behind getting a VIP type of ticket plus if you do decide to do that you could meet up with other SCFers like myself & then when we're released on the main floor 1 of the main stops would be stopping at the SCF booth. Also to #ScottKoz will you have some updated business cards of SCF for #Doniceage I usually pass out about 10-30 to get people to join us on the boards.

Thanks!
    - Jerry

Last edited by BSEBALLCOMMISH75; 04-24-2017 at 11:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks!
    - Jerry

Jerry,

I say you will easily find a graded Gretzky. I seen one dealer who literally had a hundred of them in their
    showcases. Some people like to show off lol. With that said these gems will not be cheap. So expect to pay eBay prices. No w if you find a dealer who is having a slow show and it a Sunday you might get something below eBay prices especially if paying cash.

You will find killer deals if you take the time to search. Just hate to say this to you but if your main focus is hockey there only a few dealers who carry a lot of it. The other three sports get all the love. Stop by the SCF booth as 3 of us only sell hockey and we will have more hockey than anybody at the show quantity wise.

Cash is king!

On the days to attend it a double edge sword. You want to be there before things get picked over. On the flipside the prices are better on Sunday big time as dealers drop their prices trying to move some inventory.

Any other questions just ask.
    @jcharles66

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Nashville Predators Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs

Thanks for the great advice! I'll update once I know what days we plan to attend, and definitely want to meet everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the great advice! I'll update once I know what days we plan to attend, and definitely want to meet everyone.

Look forward to your update!

don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See postgsl's Items on eBay

Be prepared for everyone's favourite Aussie to make an appearance at the booth...I'm coming back for another show!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast