Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox
    See musicandcomics19's Items on eBay

Hi all,

I'm new to this, so I have a few questions. I live in IL, so it would be easy for me to get to the convention. I'd mainly be there to get autographs, and I'd also look around a bit and probably buy a few things. Mainly, I'm wondering how to purchase autographs and how much they usually are. Do I pre-purchase them on the website? Or do I pay there? Additionally, how much do they usually cost, and can players sign more than one item or would I have to purchase multiple passes?

Thanks for your help,
    AJ

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Be prepared for everyone's favourite Aussie to make an appearance at the booth...I'm coming back for another show!

Sounds awesome mate. You going to bring some tim tams LOL!! Hope I got that right.

See you there bud.

@Postman

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hi all,

I'm new to this, so I have a few questions. I live in IL, so it would be easy for me to get to the convention. I'd mainly be there to get autographs, and I'd also look around a bit and probably buy a few things. Mainly, I'm wondering how to purchase autographs and how much they usually are. Do I pre-purchase them on the website? Or do I pay there? Additionally, how much do they usually cost, and can players sign more than one item or would I have to purchase multiple passes?

Thanks for your help,
    AJ

AJ,
    There is plenty of parking so you will have no problem being to get to the show. Think it about $15 to 20 to park unless you have a hotel within walking distance or they have a shuttle service which some do. The prices for the autographs will come up shortly as the show get closer. I believe you can pay ahead of time but many just pay at the show. If it your first time and your going to be there for a few days you might want to invest in a VIP package as they come with quite a few perks (free cards, 12 free autographs of lesser stars, a pass to get into the show, and more). If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Here is a example of one from a few years back with pictures:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/entr...or-Convention)

@wsoxfan

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 04-27-2017 at 04:21 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    *Steve Irwin voice* whoa crickey my good mate too bad I can't share the Fosters w/you this year. *back to normal voice* but seriously I hope that you are here at least the first 2.5 days so I can introduce you to my girlfriend that you told me that I was waiting for when we were in Cleveland. Just don't forget to check for any of the ABL cards I got a set of the Calvary a while back to see check out the funny post in the baseball section by Pwaldo to see what I have already thanks & again can't wait to see you there my mate.
    Be prepared for everyone's favourite Aussie to make an appearance at the booth...I'm coming back for another show!

WSOXFAN if you are there opening night look for me & my group get the VIP pass like Don mentioned & I'll be glad to show you what to expect keep watching the thread on to see if you can spot me. I think that should be a contest see who can spot me the most minus Loqtus at the show & an extra if I'm at the SCF booth.
    Last edited by BSEBALLCOMMISH75; 04-27-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox
    See musicandcomics19's Items on eBay

Thanks for the replies! How much would you estimate players charge? Are all prices the same, or do they vary? I'm only interested in getting sigs from guys who played for the White Sox, so I'm not sure that the VIP pass would work for me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the replies! How much would you estimate players charge? Are all prices the same, or do they vary? I'm only interested in getting sigs from guys who played for the White Sox, so I'm not sure that the VIP pass would work for me.

The prices vary big time. The reason I say the vip pass might be a good deal is this. If there is 3 or 4 autos of White Sox in the package it might come out even. As you have to pay to get into the show. The vip pass lets you get in everyday for not additional cost. Also, you have cards you can sell for a few bucks. I know Ron Leflore is in the auto lineup. He might charge like 20 buck or so. Your daily pass is going to cost 20 dollars to get in each day so figure it out.

Guys like Barry Sanders might charge like $165 dollars to sign. Also, there prices will probably vary for signing ball, flats, helmets, then add extra for inscriptions etc. It can get very pricey.
    @wsoxfan

DON

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See postgsl's Items on eBay

Sounds awesome mate. You going to bring some tim tams LOL!! Hope I got that right.

See you there bud.

@Postman

Don

If if I don't eat them before I arrive

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If if I don't eat them before I arrive

Lol sounds good. It was funny the wife bought some a year or two ago thinking she got a new treat to try. Needless, to say she was disappointed when I told her I had them before . Thanks to you lol!

Cya at the booth 1166!
    Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Rico Petrocelli added a special signer (more below):

38TH NATIONAL VIP PROGRAM IT'S THE BEST WAY TO DO THE NATIONAL!

Tickets are currently on sale for the 38th National Sports Collectors Convention, July 26-30 at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. General Admission Tickets are good for any one day of the event but if you're planning on spending more than one day at the National, a VIP Package may be the way to go.

First of all, VIPs are admitted to all five days of the National, Wednesday-Sunday. In addition, VIP ticket holders get onto the show floor one-half hour before the general public each day of the show. There is also a VIP Lounge in which you can rest or relax when walking the massive show floor tires you out.

The VIP program includes tickets for 12 (or all 18) VIP signers throughout the week. You'll also receive special promo sets created exclusively for the National by Leaf, Panini, Topps and Upper Deck.

The National kicks off on Wednesday afternoon with the exclusive Topps VIP Reception at 2:30 PM. You must purchase one of the VIP Packages to be eligible for this event. We will be announcing special free autograph guests for this event in the near future. VIPs will enjoy light refreshments and a ton of giveaways at the reception hosted by Topps. The show floor opens to VIPs at 3:30 on Wednesday.
    A special added bonus signing strictly for VIPs takes place on Friday morning, July 28 between 9:30-11:00 AM. Former Red Sox All Star Rico Petrocelli will be signing for VIPs on the Mike Berkus Main Stage. Autographs will be one per person while time permits. Rico, who along with Tom Zappala, host "The Great American Collectibles Radio Show", sponsored by the National Sports Collectors Convention and PSA, will be broadcasting a live show from the National on Friday.

We are still adding names to the free VIP signers group. The initial signers include three former Heisman Trophy winners, Gary Beban, Charles White and George Rogers, the 1960 Cy Young Winner Vernon Law, the 1999 NL Rookie of the Year, Scott Williamson and three former MLB All Stars, Steve Trachsel, Fritz Peterson and Steve Trachsel. More names will be added soon.

You can purchase either a basic VIP which provides 12 random autograph tickets for VIP signers and one set of all the VIP promos or a SuperVIP which gets you tickets for all 18 VIP signers, two sets of the VIP promos PLUS a week-long Parking Pass for the Rosemont Public Parking Garage directly across the street from the Donald E Stephens Convention Center. You can also add on an All Access Package from Tristar Productions which provides autograph line priority and other great benefits.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Will be back again this year, but I'm hoping that the VIP autograph names that are yet TBA are a little stronger before I buy into the VIP package again... Gary Beban again? Really? Pat Zachry? I hoping the next few are a little more enticing.

@wsoxfan here's the link to the information so far. Prices aren't announced yet, but you can expect them to start around $40 and go up from there depending on who you want. Randy Johnson was $199 for an 8x10 two years ago.

http://nsccshow.com/
    Last edited by djauwerda; 05-09-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast