Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Late night with a long game and I stayed 45 minutes to do post game. Since I do not have to work Tuesday I am posting everything now.
    Patriots won 10-6 on a game they should have lost. A throwing error in the 8th inning and the Patriots then scored 6 runs to take the lead. With that here is what I wa able to get
    Pregame

Southern Maryland
    Zach Cone 4/4 3 mrmain18 1 EL
    Cody Hebner 1/1 jjmodesto
    L J Hoes 1/1
    Sam Runion 1/1 EL
    Michael Snyder 1/1 EL
    Cory Vaughn 6/6 all mrmain18

My Baltimore Orioles book LJ Hoes

Somerset

Sparky Lyle 2/2 EL
    Also got Sparky to sign in my Yankees book

Somerset Team Sheet Connor Root

Post Game
    Southern Maryland
    Drew Hayes 9/9 8 mrmain18
    John Harris 4/4 2 EL
    Robert Carson 1/1 Jordan
    Cody Eppley 1/1 Jordan
    Daryl Thompson 1/1 Jordan

Somerset

Duane Below 1/1 EL
    Alex Gouin 1/1 EL
    Jon Hunton 1/1 EL
    Rick Teasley 1/1 EL
    Christain Marrero 2/2 Jeff

With having a pretty good night I only have about 6 or 7 players left on both teams to get on Wednesday for my next game

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Late night with a long game and I stayed 45 minutes to do post game. Since I do not have to work Tuesday I am posting everything now.
    Patriots won 10-6 on a game they should have lost. A throwing error in the 8th inning and the Patriots then scored 6 runs to take the lead. With that here is what I was able to get
    Pregame

Southern Maryland
    Zach Cone 4/4 3 mrmain18 1 EL
    Cody Hebner 1/1 jjmodesto
    L J Hoes 1/1
    Sam Runion 1/1 EL
    Michael Snyder 1/1 EL
    Cory Vaughn 6/6 all mrmain18

My Baltimore Orioles book LJ Hoes

Somerset

Sparky Lyle 2/2 EL
    Also got Sparky to sign in my Yankees book

Somerset Team Sheet Connor Root

Post Game
    Southern Maryland
    Drew Hayes 9/9 8 mrmain18
    John Harris 4/4 2 EL
    Robert Carson 1/1 Jordan
    Cody Eppley 1/1 Jordan
    Daryl Thompson 1/1 Jordan

Somerset

Duane Below 1/1 EL
    Alex Gouin 1/1 EL
    Jon Hunton 1/1 EL
    Rick Teasley 1/1 EL
    Christain Marrero 2/2 Jeff

With having a pretty good night I only have about 6 or 7 players left on both teams to get on Wednesday for my next game

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Today finished Southern Maryland

Also talked to the Blue Crabs mgr John Harris and asked if Gary Brown will be back and he said maybe during the second half so I guess there is still hope to get all the cards I have for him completed

Cards

Drew Haynes 2/2 1 for Jordan
    L J Hoes 2/2 1 for Jordan 1 for Jeff

Was going to finish my Patriot items post game and was waiting outside when the word came out that they were waiting for the finish of the Bridgeport game which was in the 6 th inning since the Patriots just beat Southern Maryland.
    With that I was not willing to wait about 45 minutes so I left.
    Bridgeport did lose so the Patriots are the first half champions and tonight Kyle Roller became the 2 nd Patriot to hit for the cycle as he was 5/5 with 2 homers and 8 rbi's

Next game next Friday with Sugarland and this is the last time I see them during the regular season

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Forgot to mention my Fathers Day gift from the wife
    She got me the following books

Lou by Lou Pinella which was signed
    The Cubs Way by Tom Verducci which was not signed

She tried to get me the David Ross book which was signed but was sold out so she opt for Verducci's instead

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

My wife, son and I did something different last night. We live in East Brunswick NJ but in a town 20 miles north Rahway which is the town over from where my wife and I grew up in Linden the SyFy's Ghost Hunters was holding a night of Ghost Hunting at the Merchant & Drovers Tavern a 4 story building which was built about 1790.
    We started with a meet and greet then a Q & A. a history of the tavern and then stories of the tavern by their staff.
    We broke into 4 groups and spent 30 minutes on each floor with one of the hunters. they used their equipment and ask questions to the room as did the people in attendance. What was bad was it was so hot and humid and the house did not have air the 3rd and 4th floors were unbearable and you were soaked by the time you shifted to the next floor. We also took a tour of the cemetery which house Abraham Clark a signer of the Declaration of Independence , a murder victim from the late 1880's who name was never known and the murder never found. Its still and open case.
    There was quite a bit going on and its was very interesting. The night started at a 6 PM check in and we were done at 1 AM
    The Ghost Hunter's in attendance were
    Steve Gonsalves
    Joe Chin
    Then father and son team who happen to be from Linden and we had great talks with them as we knew allot of the same people
    Dave Tango the son
    Bruce Tango the father

These guys were very very friendly and joked quite a bit. You can see that they were passionate about what they do but also like to have fun. I would definitely do this again but in cooler temperatures.

I had them sign a photo of the 4 of them
    My wife also purchased a book THE CASE of the UNKNOWN WOMAN and had it signed by the author who was in attendance.
    Last edited by adiddle; 07-01-2017 at 11:36 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonight was a brutal night for Somerset baseball. This was the first time I can remember 16 players coming to bat in one inning and 10 runs scored. Needless to say the game was over in the fourth inning.
    The note for is today is my first meet with Hector Olivera and he only signed 2 per. I was the only grapher but have checked another friend in Long Island and he only signed 1 to 2 each night there. Before the game I had 10 cards for everyone which was including a card for me. At this point I am only trying to get one card per member signed which would make 6 and what makes it rough is no dupes and with the cards I received that is going to be tough but will do my best.
    Anyway here is what I was able to do

Pregame
    Sugarland

Gary Gaetti 6/6 3 EL
    Manny Corpas 9/9 2 tigsfan 6 EL
    Joe Benson 2/2 1 mrmain18
    Michael Nix 2/2 1 EL 1 mrmain18
    Hector Olivera 2/9 1 otter 1 graveline
    Dustin Richardson 1 EL 1 mrmain18

Patriots

Sparky Lyle 3/3 all for EL

Even though it was late I stayed post game to try for Hector again

Post Game

Sugarland

Manny Corpas 6/6 2 for EL
    Hector Olivera 2/3 1 JA 1 Tigsfan
    Wilfredo Rodriguez 1/1 EL

I am going to try to make Sundays game after work even knowing I will most likely only get 2 cards done on Olivera which means one per person.
    Last edited by adiddle; 07-08-2017 at 12:40 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Since I got up at 4:30 AM for work this morning I went to the Patriots game today did the autograph session and pre game with Sugarland and only stayed a couple of inning as I was getting tired. He is what I was able to get
    Somerset

On my team sheet
    Efrain Nieves
    AJ Achter
    Dustin Molleken
    Zach Racusin

Was waiting to Kyler Newby to finish up a card set. He came out with a sippy could not find a chair so one of the attendants went to get a chair and I started to walk to him while he waiting. He then disappeared into the club house never to appear and a chair was waiting for him.

Sugarland

Joe Benson 1/1 mrmain18
    Hector Oliveria 2/3 1 EL I should be happy because after me he was 1 per.
    We have the Atlantic League All Star game Wednesday and I will be there just need to see what cards I have to get completed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Last night was the Atlantic League All Star game which is in their 20th year. The game was played at my home teams stadium the Somerset Patriots. It went off pretty well with an 1/2 hour autograph session which was jammed of course and everybody going for the Patriots, then the Home Run Derby followed by the introduction of the teams. The honorary managers were Sparky Lyle and Willie Randolph. The special announcer was the voice of the Yankees John Sterling. I of course do not need Sparky's autograph but could have use Willie for a friend and Sterling in my subway series book but all three were kept away from the fans. Willie did get close and signed for some kids but that was it. We also had during the innings Birdzerk and Zooperstars. The theme was the American Revolution and was shown through out the stadium with cannons re-enactors and with an encampment. The ending fireworks were pretty good.
    All in all with about 8200 fans the night went off very well.
    Zach Wilson of Southern Maryland won both the home run derby and the MVP awards
    Picked up a All Star set of cards. All the completions below are 1/1 unless listed and are all mine unless listed.
    I could have finished everything but the Patriots were packed and did not complete 6 cards of the set which I can get anytime. I concentrated on all others especially teams I will not see the rest of year. I think I did pretty well

Freedom Division teams

Sugarland

Gary Gaetti
    Rafael Montalvo
    Travis Scott
    Jake Hale
    Kevin Aherns
    Anthony Giansanti
    Michael Nix 2/2 1 Jeff

York

Brad Allen
    Chase Hutchingson
    Isaias Tejeda
    Michael Burgess
    Alonozo Harris
    Travis Witherspoon

Lancaster

Scott Shuman
    Anderson De La Rosa
    Sean Halton
    Vladimir Frias
    Garrett Weber

Southern Maryland

Brian Grening
    Cody Eppley
    Daryl Thompson
    Gaby Hernandez
    Zach Wilson
    Michael Snyder
    Devon Rodriquez

Liberty Division teams

Somerset

Glen Barker
    David Kubiak
    Tyler Bortnick
    Duane Below
    Aharon Eggleston

New Britain

Nate Roe
    Jovan Rosa
    Michael Crouse
    Conor Bieffeldt

Bridgeport

Rainy Lara
    David Carpenter
    Luis Hernandez
    D'Arby Myers
    Cory Riordan 2/2 1 for mrmain18

Long Island

Amalio Diaz
    John Brownell
    Alex Burg
    Angelo Songco
    Elmer Reyes 3/3 2 for mrmain18

The only Patriots I could not get close to because of crowds were Brett Jodie,Cory Domel, Yovan Gonzalez, Justin Pacchioli, Rick Teasly, and Carlos Guzman who is playing his last season

Up next is Thursday the 20th which will be New Britain and this is the last time they are in this year
    Last edited by adiddle; 07-13-2017 at 09:58 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonight was Somerset vs New Britain. Graphing New Britain is normally a good night but did not work that way tonight
    Needed 7 total players and coaches and was hoping to be done with them tonight but now have to try to get the last 3 Sunday as this is the last series this year.
    n only lasted 3 innings as the staff ran to the tarp for a storm that came up out of no where and by the time I got to the car I was soaked. Glad I did not stay as there was a 90 minute delay and the game did not end until 10.45.
    Here is what I got

New Britain

Stan Cliburn 1/1 EL
    Daisuke Yoshida 1/1 EL
    Ivan Villaescusa 2/2 EL
    Eric Fornataro 1/1 EL

Up to the time I left I never saw the 3 pitchers that I needed.
    Nick Greenwood who will be the starter on Sunday so hope he signs, Jonathan Pettibone, and Mike Lee who was on the inactive list so not sure if he traveled with the team.

Hope to make Sundays game after work to try to finish up the Patriots if I can make the autograph session and then hope fully the balance of New Britain

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Todays game Somerset vs New Britain.
    Was able to finish my All Star cards except for Rick Teasley who is in Taiwan I think
    Anyway here is what I got

New Britain

Nick Greenwood 2/2 1 EL 1 graveline
    Jonathan Pettibone 2/2

Somerset

Brett Jodie 1/1
    Cory Domel 1/1
    Yovan Gonzalez 1/1
    Carlos Guzman 1/1
    Justin Pacchioli 1/1
    Kyler Newby 1/1 EL
    A J Achter 1/1 tigsfan