Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cavaliers/Celtics game

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Cavaliers/Celtics game

Definitely wasn't gonna miss this one tonight. I laughed when Isaiah Thomas said "it's just another game." C'mon man. Your team is tied with Cleveland, the season is almost over, and this is a big game that can help decide playoff positioning. Don't hand me that nonsense that "it's just another game."

Well, the Celtics have certainly played down to those expectations. I'm really happy for Cleveland. I was genuinely concerned. On the one hand, I know they've done their soap opera, underperforming crap before...they had stretches last season just like that. On the other hand, because they have a different supporting cast, I was nervous that they might not be able to rebound like they did before.

Tonight, I'm a lot more reassured. LeBron has been DOMINANT. They are winning huge...on the road. And without Tristan. Frye has stepped up admirably. He spaces the floor better than Tristan. He's not as good an offensive rebounder, but he's still done pretty well on the glass overall, and the ball movement's been better with him in the game.

Celtics...wow. Honestly, they've had lots of good looks tonight. Cleveland's defense has been better, but not outstanding or anything. Celtics have just missed a lot of good looks. And on defense, they have failed to cut off the Cavs players when they've moved for open looks. Cleveland has been masterful on offense tonight.

I like how things are looking for Cleve. Smith is starting to look comfortable already. Love hasn't shot well tonight, but he did last night, and he's playing better defense after that embarrassing wimpy performance against Mirotic and the Bulls a couple of games ago. LeBron is being LeBron. Kyrie will still get his buckets. The second unit is getting more time together.

All in all, this game has me more optimistic again about the Cavs' chances to win the East again. Still not sure how they could do against the Warriors or Spurs, but it's looking like they should still get the East barring idiocy or catastrophe.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I don't really get why the Celtics and other people were downplaying this game and the #1 seed in the East. I mean if the Celtics won and get the #1 seed I could see them picking off the Cavs. But does anybody see the Cavs going down as the #1 seed? I don't think so. The Cavs could still easily make it to the Finals as a #2 seed or something but the only way I see them failing is if they somehow aren't the top seed in the East as the other teams need to finish ahead of the Cavs to get home court advantage and a chance to knock off the Cavs.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

It is not down playing, Stats> Cavs are the better team, or at least the more experienced team. I find it odd that they beat a very good team but lose to a bad team. That is why the celtics are right there.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Celtics are not legit contenders ... they could have been had they traded the Nets pick they own and some role players for Jimmy Butler ... but they didn't and now will most likely get knocked out in the 2nd round of the playoffs ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Upper Deck ePack

cavs didn't back up the win yesterday with that sad 4th quarter showing

as for celtics, glad the bulls still have butler. wish they would build around him and not through him, rondo and wade don't fit but its cool having wade a bull

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cavs playing Hawks again. These knuckleheads had a 26 point lead heading into the 4th only to give up 44 points to the Hawks and fumble the game into overtime. FORTY-FOUR!

Championship teams...can they be THIS bad defensively? Even if the Cavs end up winning this thing, this is embarrassing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The way it looks the Cavs will win the East and then get SWEPT by the Warriors ... if that happens it wouldn't shock me to see LeBron leave Cleveland though it's much more likely CP3 joins him in Cleveland next year

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Another 4th quarter collapse, another loss in OT. yeah, no Kyrie or LeBron, but still.

These guys drive me nuts.

I'm glad for Westbrook's triple double year...most everything else has been frustrating for me as a dual Cavs fan/OKC fan. These teams aren't as good as they were last year (OKC everyone expected due to Durant's leave; Cavs, not so much).

SCF Rewards
    Country

So do the Celtics get the #1 seed?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So do the Celtics get the #1 seed?

If they finish with a better record than the Cavs, yes ... it's meaningless though ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast