Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pedroia15TheBest 2017 IP Report

Will try to keep up with this the best I can this season. Mainly, I graph the Long Island Ducks independent baseball team, and the visitors, a majority of them tend to have cards.

4/15- Season ticket holder BBQ/Meet and Greet, Spring Training game

With a fair amount of help, I was able to get the following:

Nate Freiman- 10/10 (9 cards, 1 team piece), 6/10 (2 2016 team pieces, 4 cards)- He was with us for about a week last season, barely signed for anyone, so I pulled out my team projects when I knew I would have a chance at him.
    David Aardsma- 10/10 (9 cards, 1 team piece), 8/8 cards, 3/3 project pieces
    Kevin Baez- 2/2 (team piece and card)
    Elmer Reyes- 6/6 (team piece, 5 cards)
    Nolan Reimold- 4/6 cards, 1/1 team piece- Nice guy, will not sign duplicates
    Marc Krauss- 1/1 card, 1/1 team piece
    Tyler Wilson- 2/2 cards, 1/1 team piece
    Keith Couch- 4/4 cards- Tough to locate
    Chin-Hui Tsao- 5/9 cards, 1/1 team piece, 4/8 cards
    Rafael Perez- 3/3 8x10
    Bud Harrelson- 1/1 11x14

Ended up with all but 5 of the LI Ducks on the team piece, though the rest should be fairly easy to get with any luck.

Bridgeport Bluefish

Drake Britton- 1/1 11x14
    Alberto Callaspo- 1/1 11x14
    Rich Garces- 0/3 8x10
    Tony Abreu- 2/8 cards
    Sean Burroughs- 8/8 cards
    Santiago Nessy- 3/3 cards
    Jonathan Albaladejo- 8/8 cards
    Vinnie Pestano- 8/8 cards
    Manny Delcarmen- 0/8 cards (did not make trip)
    David Carpenter- 0/3 photos (did not make trip)
    Cory Brewer- 0/3 cards (missed him)

All in all, a great way to kick off the season! Did not miss a single Duck I had been looking for, which is always a great sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Great start to the new season and hope it will be a good one
    Nice to see Freiman signed all 10
    Good to know about Reimold. I have my 2 Keys cards and they are different but I know people send me cards and you there will be duplicates
    Also noticed Garces did not sign. Did he refuse because I have someone who is a Twins fan and has about 12 cards he wants to send me and that does not includes the singles from other people I work with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Freiman and Reimold were nice enough about it, I do not believe either of them will change too much, though I also believe Reimold will not be around for too long. Garces refused by saying he signed "a ton earlier", but I did not recall him signing. I must have missed him. Nonetheless, he does not seem like he will be fun to get during the year, at least not as easy as Jesse Litsch last season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight was opening night for the Long Island Ducks, and I was feeling the itch to get back to graphing this season. Made sure to get there early to get the first giveaway of the season, a Rich Hill bobblehead commemorating his starts with the Ducks in 2015. Grabbed that, my team yearbook, and got ready for signatures.

Ducks
    John Brownell- 2/2 (yearbook and team poster)

New Britain Bees-
    Brandon League- 1/1, 7/9 (2011 All star ball with inscription- helped being the only one by the bullpen, very nice guy) and got the cards done after team introductions.
    Craig Maddox- 1/1 All star 2016 team photo
    Jovan Rosa- 1/1 All star 2016 team photo
    Joe Beimel- 2/2, 3/3 (1 8x10, 1 11x14), and the cards, could not be any nicer!
    Jonathan Pettibone- 0/2 Starting pitcher, and completely ignored postgame

Very happy with the results, especially the ASG ball. The 2 additions to my 2016 All Star team piece leave me to need only 7 more to have it signed by all players and coaches. The ones still in the league are: Fox Beyer, Shawn Gillblair (injured), and Kyle Simon (did not ask tonight as he was losing pitcher)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Good start to the season and a Rich Hill bobblehead. The Bees were a great signing team last year and seems nothing has changed. Hope Pettibone is better when he comes to Somerset and will have to try him on a non starting day.
    I am not sure if Foxey travels with the team when they travel. He is like Bud
    I hope some of your Ducks lighten up on the road as both Reimold and Krauss were terrible and then the person who sure looks like Couch said it was not him. It could be a long season on them especially Noland as I have about 20 cards from people already.

Good luck with the rest of the season

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! Opening night is always very enjoyable, especially when its a nice night with weather. I do not believe Fox travels, so I may be up in your neck of the woods on one Sunday, plus I can always use another Sparky Lyle! Buddy does not seem to be doing great, but he is a trooper. Will update how the guys are tomorrow after the first pregame autograph session. I do know for a fact that Couch is not easy to find, and is definitely not the nicest guy. Heard of similar problems when he was with the Red Sox organization. Best of luck to you as well! Anyway, onto the haul from tonight:

Ducks:
    Matt Larkins- 1/1 yearbook- Hard to turn down anyone when they are in the pregame autograph booth.

Bees:
    Jonathan Pettibone- 2/2 8x10, 3/7 cards with help. Approximately 75 degrees at game time, came out after the anthem, and in a sweatshirt. Thankfully he is 6'6" and pretty easy to spot. Had help on the photos.
    Kyle Simon- 0/5 Must have snuck out via the bullpen, will try out there tomorrow. Need a few cards and an all star game project piece signed.
    Shawn Gillblair- 0/2 According to manager Stan Cliburn, he did not make the trip, but will be here when they come back next trip.
    Brandon League- 2/2 cards. Pitched a scoreless 8th, and tried to leave the dugout right away. Spotted him and quickly had him sign my last 2 cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First pregame autograph session of the season helped me nearly finish everything I had for the Ducks.

Nolan Reimold- 6/6 (3 cards, yearbook, 2 8x10)
    David Aardsma- 6/6 cards
    Chin Wei Tsao- 6/8 cards, 6/9 cards (with help), 2/2 8x10
    Dennis O'Grady- 2/2 cards
    Alex Burg- 3/3 (1 card, yearbook, 1 8x10)

On my team poster, I added Dan Lyons, Rafael Perez, and Keith Couch, leaving me needing only Jack Snodgrass to have a complete project to date.

On my team yearbook, I was able to add: Bud Harrelson, Kevin Baez, Delta Cleary, Keith Couch, Patrick Crider, Fehlandt Lentini, Tim Melville, Cody Puckett, and Zac Treece among the 2 listed above.

Bees
    Jonathan Pettibone- 0/5- Did not even see him come out, think he stayed in.
    Kyle Simon- 0/5- Also did not see him at all. Will wait for the next trip when they probably will not be wearing sweatshirts.

Not a bad first homestand, cannot wait until next week, when Southern Maryland comes into town with guys such as Danny Muno, Gary Brown, and Pat Misch.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rain looked like it was going to get the upper hand tonight, but I was still able to get some pregame autographing done.

Ducks-
    Tyler Levine 1/1 yearbook via the pregame autograph booth

Blue Crabs-

Gary Brown- 4/8 cards
    Zach Cone- 7/7 cards
    Cory Vaughn- 4/4 cards
    Sam Runion- 3/3 cards
    Michael Snyder- 3/3 cards
    Danny Muno- 0/6 cards
    Justin De Fratus- 0/3 photos (did not see him)

Pat Misch was released yesterday, so I was unable to get him to sign my cards and pics.

With newest Duck Eric Gagne being signed, this weekend is likely to be hectic at the ballpark.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Just wondering did Muno refuse, did not hear or just miserable. I have one card now and maybe 3 on the way for when they get here.

I know what you mean about Gagne. I was surprised also as I believe he is at least 40 but he must still have it.
    Good luck with everything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just wondering did Muno refuse, did not hear or just miserable. I have one card now and maybe 3 on the way for when they get here.

I know what you mean about Gagne. I was surprised also as I believe he is at least 40 but he must still have it.
    Good luck with everything.

Muno ignored us until game time, when he finally responded with "No, the umpires are on the field". Will try to wear him down tonight. Gagne will probably be a mess, as I understand a lot of dealers have bought tickets to the game tomorrow. From what I gather, he still hits the low 90's, and is pretty effective. Thanks, hopefully he is good about signing!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast