Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

So the playoffs have started, and all the first games are done. Let's start discussion.

Most surprising game? Gotta be the Bulls upsetting the Celtics in Boston. The Bulls have been plagued by drama all season with Rondo, Wade, Butler, and Coach Hoiberg never seeming to be on the same page, but they really brought it against the Celtics in game one. Media has been saying Boston may be the worst #1 seed in quite awhile, and last night at least, they lived up to it by losing at home to a team that has often been in disarray. Cause for concern for Celtics fans?

Thunder-Rockets. My Thunder looked good in the first half, but I figured Houston would eventually shoot their way out of their slump. They were getting way too many second chance points, even in the first half. I think my Thunder can take a game at home, but I'd be surprised if they can take it to six or more. Houston just has too many weapons, and the OKC Thunder, not enough.

Trail Blazers' dynamic duo of McCollum and Lillard gave the Warriors a bit of a challenge, but GSW took over in the fourth. If CJ and Dame can put up massive numbers like that and still end up losing, Warriors will probably sweep, which I'm sure would surprise no one.

Wizards and Hawks was sort of fun. Atlanta definitely isn't as good as they were a couple of years ago, though -- no Horford, Korver, Carroll, or Teague. Coach Budenholzer will always have these guys playing hard, but Washington should win the series. Won't be a cakewalk, but I could see them doing it in five, without any blowouts.

Cavs and Pacers was super exciting; fantastic game one. Lance is back, and he looked good. Cavs still have defensive issues they need to resolve, although it was nice to see them get a stop and keep the ball from George when it mattered most. LeBron had a magnificent game. Kyrie and Love were pretty good, but Kyrie's outside shot was off, and Love's second half was weak in every way after playing a great first half on both ends.

Impressed the Jazz held on to win after Gobert went out early. I really love Utah -- they have stifling old school defense, which makes them stand out in today's high-speed, bomb-it-away league. I think they could be the surprise team of the West. No one wants to go up against those guys.

Milwaukee winning on the road was another surprise. I wish I could have seen more of that game -- they apparently really had lockdown dee in the second half, with Toronto failing to reach 20 points in either the 3rd or 4th quarter. Giannis did his thing. Kidd always makes his teams play feisty. Toronto is going to need Lowry to step up; when he's on, he's amazing -- but when he's off, man he is awful.

Spurs-Grizzlies doesn't seem like it will be much of a series. San Antonio may just blow them away in four.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have to the death of the sister of the star player on the Celtics right before the game had to do something with the loss. Maybe they would still be an awful #1 seed without that but that's a hard loss to take and then go out and care about a basketball game. Plus the Bulls aren't really a #8 quality seed either as they are better than that in my opinion.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I heard about that -- amazed he even played, and yet he still played well. Having lost a sibling at an unexpected time myself, I don't know how he can even focus on b-ball right now. I wonder if he will end up taking some time off.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cavs Pacers another exciting first half. Cleve is shooting the lights out again, but turnovers leading to easy Pacer points is keeping Indiana in it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I heard about that -- amazed he even played, and yet he still played well. Having lost a sibling at an unexpected time myself, I don't know how he can even focus on b-ball right now. I wonder if he will end up taking some time off.

You have to give the guy credit for just playing but for him to play well with all that was going on is pretty amazing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

Vintage stuff from D Wade and Rondo tonight. Will they sweep?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dang, I'm still in shock. That's two now for Chicago on the road! They would be the first to sweep as #8, right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

Yes they would be. They're already the first 8th seed to go up 2-0.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wake me when the Cavs and Warriors reach the Finals for the 3rd year in a row ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wake me when the Cavs and Warriors reach the Finals for the 3rd year in a row ...

That is going to be a long wait because they sure do love to drag out these NBA playoff games

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast