Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Kevin Love has been great in every game this series. Boston has no answer for him. On fire once again with his shooting, rebounding, and outlet passes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

His insane outlet passes reminded me of this from a few years ago. If you need some halftime entertainment:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I can hardly believe this is the same Celtics team that played such lockdown defense in game three. Cavs got whatever they wanted in the first half.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Congrats to LeBron James on his 7th straight conference title and 8th overall (Michael Jordan won just 6 in his 15 year career) and on his passing Jordan to become the all-time playoff scorer in the history of the NBA ... to think he could play for another 7-8 years is just insane ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looking forward to the Finals. It's big for LeBron (some still think he needs a fifth to surpass Kobe), Love to redeem himself, Durant to prove he's a winner, Steph to prove he's a leader, Draymond to show he can finally control himself...Lots of reputations on the line. And whomever gets the second of three Finals has bragging rights on who the superior rival is. I hope it is competitive, and I want the Cavs to win, but head says Warriors in five or six. It was hard enough for the Cavs to win last year, and that was with Draymond's antics taking him out...but now there is Durant in the picture as well.

Whatever happens, there is lots more riding on the line than a more typical Finals. This one will get massive ratings I am sure.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looking forward to the Finals.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's big for LeBron (some still think he needs a fifth to surpass Kobe)

The Cavs are HUGE underdogs and anyone the haters who think that are the same hypocrites that never mention Bill Russell's massive advantage in rings over Jordan ... BTW did you know that in LeBron's 8 Finals appearances his team was underdogs SIX times ... the guy should only have 2 rings when this series ends, yet he could have 4 and a worst he'll have 3 ... that's called "exceeding expectations". Jordan's Bulls were never an underdog and were always "the super team" in the Finals and MJ never beat a team anywhere near as good or talented as last year's Warriors (or even the KD/Russ/Beard Thunder for that matter), let alone this year's Warriors. If LeBron wins this year he will shoot past Jordan to become the GOAT in many people's minds and those folks will just wait for him to obliterate all of MJ's "numbers" and then brag about their GOAT when he retires.

I do NOT expect the Cavs to win the series ... GSW is the greatest super-team ever assembled ... but I would love to see the Cavs do it!

Love to redeem himself

Boston didn't have Draymond Green ... it could be tough sledding for Love ...

Durant to prove he's a winner

Winning on the Warriors won't prove that imho ... Durant already tarnished his legacy beyond repair in many people's eyes ...

Steph to prove he's a leader

Steph sucked the last two Finals ... and the Warriors are no longer his team ... he was one of the most over-rated players ever ... like Steve Nash.

Draymond to show he can finally control himself...

I love Draymond ... but I wouldn't mind seeing him get suspended again, hahahaha ...

Lots of reputations on the line. And whomever gets the second of three Finals has bragging rights on who the superior rival is. I hope it is competitive, and I want the Cavs to win, but head says Warriors in five or six. It was hard enough for the Cavs to win last year, and that was with Draymond's antics taking him out...but now there is Durant in the picture as well.

Yeah, same here ... I want Cavs but think that super-team in GSW is just too talented ...

Whatever happens, there is lots more riding on the line than a more typical Finals. This one will get massive ratings I am sure.

Amen! This is the most star-studded finals in NBA history imho ... LeBron, KD, Steph and Kyrie will go down as four of the all-time greats and Draymond, Klay, Love and maybe even Thompson could end up in the HOF some day if their ring counts get high enough.

Great post Wily, I enjoyed replying to it!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks!

This really is a big chance for Love. He only played well in the first (sort of) and last games of the Finals last year. They will need him to step up more this time. If he's as intense as some scouts said he was in Minnesota, he needs to bring that side out again and force the Warriors to work on defending him when LeBron and Kyrie need a break from carrying so much of the load.

Btw, I actually do agree with you on Steph being overrated. I like Steph, he's an amazing shooter, but he's almost like the Tom Brady of the NBA -- a guy who has benefited tremendously from a system that allows him to maximize what is not the greatest overall skill-set, and look better than what he would otherwise do in more traditional systems. He was merely a very good player before analytics; now people think he's all-world, but he's only that way because of the system. Whereas a guy like LeBron would be great anywhere in any context.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My pleasure ... you do a great job with this thread!

[quote\This really is a big chance for Love. He only played well in the first (sort of) and last games of the Finals last year. They will need him to step up more this time. If he's as intense as some scouts said he was in Minnesota, he needs to bring that side out again and force the Warriors to work on defending him when LeBron and Kyrie need a break from carrying so much of the load.[/quote]

I agree 100%

Btw, I actually do agree with you on Steph being overrated. I like Steph, he's an amazing shooter, but he's almost like the Tom Brady of the NBA -- a guy who has benefited tremendously from a system that allows him to maximize what is not the greatest overall skill-set, and look better than what he would otherwise do in more traditional systems. He was merely a very good player before analytics; now people think he's all-world, but he's only that way because of the system. Whereas a guy like LeBron would be great anywhere in any context.

I agree entirely. It irks me when players are over-rated ... especially one-way players like Steph and Nash ... to me the game is 50% defense so anyone who is a porous defender should never even be considered for an MVP award and to think that Steph and Nash have FOUR MVP's and just 1 ring and 3 conference titles combined while Kobe and Shaq have just two MVP's but NINE rings and THIRTEEN conference titles combined.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

5.5 hours until the Finals! Who ya got??

I think Cavs pull the massive upset but think Dubs get game 1. Let's make this conversation lively, I cannot wait!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Warriors tonight and Warriors in 6 games but I really, really, really hope the Cavs win the series!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast