Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Disgusting.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

For all of my LeBron rant on the GOAT thread, I also want to call out Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. Credit the Celtics dee -- it was amazing -- but even so, Irving took some dumb shots. I hadn't taken a flyswatter to him awhile -- he's a much better tactical player and passer overall than he used to be -- but he went back into his dribble-dribble, chuck-up-bad-shot self several times late in the game tonight. And does Love just not have any cardio whatsoever? Can he ever put together a brilliant game for four entire quarters? He gets so lazy and passive in most fourth quarters, essentially only spacing the floor and rebounding once the tank runs low.

This will not cut it against Golden State.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's no big deal ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, they'll probably win the series, sure, so it's not a big deal in that sense. But some folks were starting to think they were on the same level as the Warriors. They aren't.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, they'll probably win the series, sure, so it's not a big deal in that sense. But some folks were starting to think they were on the same level as the Warriors. They aren't.

You might be right but it's hard to tell as the NBA is all about matchups ... the talking heads on tv like Stephen A and Max K (who I love as a sports guy but detest as a politics guy, hahaha) seem to think the NBA is different than the NFL in that the best team always wins the title barring injuries because it's a 7 game series ... however I disagree with that entirely. If that was the case, the Suns would have multiple titles and the Warriors would have won lost year, etc. Sometimes a worse team is simply a nightmare matchup for a better team and knocks the better team out ... I don't think the Cavs will do that this year to the Warriors, but you never know ... if Kyrie owns Curry again and Thompson dominates the boards, they could pull it out I guess.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Celtics have gotten back in the game by slowing it down. Jerebko came in, made a few thug plays, and then Smart started hitting threes. What a shocker. Tie game now. Crazy...

They got back into it because I jinxed it....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You might be right but it's hard to tell as the NBA is all about matchups ... the talking heads on tv like Stephen A and Max K (who I love as a sports guy but detest as a politics guy, hahaha) seem to think the NBA is different than the NFL in that the best team always wins the title barring injuries because it's a 7 game series ... however I disagree with that entirely. If that was the case, the Suns would have multiple titles and the Warriors would have won lost year, etc. Sometimes a worse team is simply a nightmare matchup for a better team and knocks the better team out ... I don't think the Cavs will do that this year to the Warriors, but you never know ... if Kyrie owns Curry again and Thompson dominates the boards, they could pull it out I guess.

You do have a good point about match-ups. Honestly, the Celtics' win was a great example of that. The lineup with Smart, Olynyk, and Jerebko in the second half had great success in taking down the game's speed and playing "bullyball" against Cleveland, who had no response for the slower, more physical play (only Tristan Thompson was able to battle effectively against that unit; Love, Kyrie, and LeBron were completely taken out of their element, by contrast). On the other end, the Celtics started hitting their open looks, too.

We'll see how the match-ups work out against the Warriors. I'm sure Lue will have to get creative.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

It was time for the Cavs to be humbled because I don't think they can beat the Warriors the way they were playing.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Celts look like they have totally figured out the Cavs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Kyrie Irving thinks otherwise, lol! What a 3rd quarter by him!!!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast