2017 Diamond Kings Box Find of the Year

I picked up one box of 2017 Diamond Kings today. I had never bought them so I wasn't sure what to expect. I collect Red Sox cards, so I was excited to pull an Andrew Benintendi rookie card, and a few other Sox cards out the packs. I was however disappointed at first in the lack of quality inserts in the rest of the box. There were a few, but I didn't think it was worth the $20 sale price. After I had flipped through the cards again I went back to look at the Benintendi base card that I had put aside. Upon second glance I noticed in silver cursive on the front the words "One of One". My jaw dropped. That's probably why there were a low number of inserts. I hit the mega card for a Red Sox collector this year. I have no idea what it could be worth. I have never pulled a 1/1 out of a pack before, never mind the player everyone in Boston is trying to find. It went right into a holder, but I am not sure yet if I am going to sell it, have it graded, or keep it as part of my collection. It is too soon to process it.

20170418_215727_opt.jpg

20170418_215711_opt.jpg

2. Kronozio

Welcome to SCF. That's a Sweet card - Nice pull!
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos. Bucket - Hidden Content

Good thing you spotted that as the One of One writing on that is NOT easy to spot. That can easily be overlooked when flipping through cards.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Good thing you spotted that as the One of One writing on that is NOT easy to spot. That can easily be overlooked when flipping through cards.
    LOL, you speak the truth. I had a Zack Britton 1/1 sitting in my dime box until I thumbed through it and noticed it was a 1/1. That could have been a $40 mistake.
    Collecting Brett Lawrie, Will Clark, Mike Trout, Royals, Kyle Schwarber
    Gerrit Cole, Jason Kipnis, Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Clint Frazier, Drew Brees,
    Michael Lorenzen, Fransisco Lindor, Von Miller, JJ Watt
    Hidden Content

I totally missed it the first time through. And even looked at it front and back and was in the process of looking it up on ebay thinking it was a base card when the light reflected off the silver writing.

So you got this from a retail box?!
    Hidden Content - use drop down box to view other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs, Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, and Roger Federer

Yes. It came from a box I bought at Target. First and only Diamond Kings I've purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Bost206nKid View Post
    Yes. It came from a box I bought at Target. First and only Diamond Kings I've purchased.
    Wow that makes it even better.
    Hidden Content - use drop down box to view other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs, Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, and Roger Federer

Incredible pull ! Congrats on the 1/1 !
    John 3:16
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price