Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Update - April 18, 2017

Members -

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I have spent more time in hotels than I have at home, meaning when I actually am home, I have a honey-do list that is about the size of Niagara Falls (American Side - its a bit smaller ). Anyhow, I wanted to provide an update that what @ShayneShark and I learned at the Summit in Vegas (and some future goodies), as well as some site updates.

The Summit
    Overall, the Summit was a good experience. Shayne and I were able to have good discussions with groups including a few of our current Sponsors, like Dave and Adams, @2brossports and @packrip.com. All of the discussions were positive.

There is one bit of news that you all need to be aware of and that is the law in California regarding the sale of Autographed items to/from businesses and residence in California. I will start with if your deal on any item is $5 or less, this does not apply as the law starts at $5. However, if you sell an autograph, there needs to be COA provided by the SELLER indicating that it is authentic (this is in addition to the COA that might be a part of the item). This COA needs to include some specific information (which I will provide once I have it).

Here is the law - https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01520160AB1570

In short, what does this mean for you as it relates to SCF. I am awaiting some further information about this and what you might need to do if you do plan to sell an item to a California resident OR if you are California Resident selling on SCF. For the time being, there will be no immediate changes, but please be aware that this is subject to change.

The swag

We were able to get only 2 items. Part of this had to do that we did not go as a Brick and Mortar store, so we were not eligible for items. However, we did manage to get

1) Rollie Fingers Summit Auto #/4
    2) Jack Eichel Leaf Executive Collection Auto

Those are the 2 big items and they will be used for future contests.

Site Updates
    With the lack of time to work on overall updates, there are has not been a ton of movement happening. However, I have been working with Luc in automating the process for Reward Point payouts for deals made on SCF. I am hopeful that I can get everything caught up until April at the end of this month.

I am going to be making some changes to the Header and Menus on SCF in the next week or so. Some of this is needed due to more and more members using tablet/mobile devices. While there is a mobile version of the site available, it does not give all of the options, like the Trade Manager, etc. The header does overlap on tablet/mobile devices, which makes up nearly 40% of the traffic to SCF. This will mean that there will be some consolidation of items under a menu pull-down structure. I would like to have no more than 5 Main items active on the header. I am open to your thoughts and suggestions.

In addition, I am planning to add a new style that can be used. I will leave the current style and make it available. However, any enhancements to SCF will only be tested to work with the new style. No timetable for this to be ready.

2017 Football Contests
    If you have not seen, the 1st leg of the 2017 SCF Football Contest is up and live. This is for the NFL Draft. The overall winner will win a Gale Sayers Autographed Jersey. There will be more announcement of contests as the Spring and Summer continue, including a Football Show and Tell Contest (similar to Hockey).

Link is here - https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...2017-NFL-Draft!!

Lastly, it's starting to get nice outside. Make sure that you all enjoy the weather and stay safe!

Thanks,
    Scott

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Some good info here. I have heard of the law prior to this due to the fact that a good friend of mine and his best friend own a LCS in Modesto, CA. I think this may have a lot to do with several recent sports memorabilia fraud cases they caught in California in the past few years but I could be wrong. Daniel

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The cases that were mentioned in the discussion were focused around non-sports autos and memorabilia in general but yes, the crux of it was fraudulent Autos

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Yeah I found out when I was there through my friend that one of the biggest memorabilia stores in the bay area SF was selling tons of fraudulent autos. I went there a few times and they had some insane stuff and my buddy told me to stay away because they were being investigated for fraud. They had auto's of people like Davy Crockett.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Thanks for the info update!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

FYI - This article is a summary of the discussion that was given at the Summit.

I'm going to tag some sellers that I know, if you know others that are SCF members, please alert them to this article

@sjw241 @FrenchConnection @packrip.com

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/l...emorabilia-law