Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Harden and Westbrook rookies/rookie parallels are BLOWING UP lately

Man, I've had lots of these laying around in my OKC boxes for years back when they were worth like $5 to $20; I even picked up a few in PWE trades back in the day. Now they are just going for crazy coin, like $50 to $200, some of them. I'm holding onto Harden's Topps and Westbrook's Bowman Chrome, Topps, and Topps Chrome, but I'm currently selling Harden's Bowman 48 and Westbrook's Topps Signature Facsimile, and his SkyBox, on eBay. I'm in between jobs, so I'm willing to part with a few of them to help out. A great time for this to be happening for me.

Anyway, I also used to have Harden's Topps Gold, Westbrook's Bowman Orange, and a few others, which keep going up exponentially in value. I think the Harden was worth $50 when I gave it up, but now it's like $100. And Westbrook's, which has gone from $60 to $150.

Along with the current Prizm rookie parallels, Harden and Westbrook rookie stuff is the big deal with collectors these days. I think the fact that they came at the end of a historic hobby era has helped the prices; people love the Bowman/SkyBox/Topps stuff because it hasn't been made since the Panini takeover. 2008-09 and 2009-10 were the last years for those sets. Great time for MVP candidates to have rookies.

I wonder if these kinds of prices will hold.

OPG Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (123)
    Country
    Utah Jazz Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See bballkm32's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

I have noticed this as well. Sold a couple things this month that I had traded for long ago and just stashed. Very similar to the Curry craze from last year. Don't mind if I do flip a couple cards I got for next to nothing for $30-50.
    Collecting Karl Malone, Ryne Sandberg, Pat Angerer, Tavian Banks, Devyn Marble, Aaron White, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Cook, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray, Luka Garza, Joe Wieskamp, Jordan Bonhannon, DJ Carton
    Hidden Content

Inventory:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Debating on letting this go - it's /869. One sold at auction a few days back for $115.

Last edited by jmintz; 04-19-2017 at 02:04 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm guessing the weak NBA rookie class this season along with the decrease in Curry prices has a lot of buyers with an itchy pocket just waiting to gobble up cards. Going with Westbrook and Harden seems to me to be a better bet than many of the other recent draft guys. I mean I could see one of these guys winning an MVP award while you really can't say that about the guys from the past couple of drafts.

The question now becomes we've seen Curry and now Harden/Westbrook blow up? So who is the next guy or who is the most bang for your buck guy out there now?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/