Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have any Millers. I collect 70-85. The only exception to that being Eichel rookie year cards. A lot of them sold on eBay a few days back http://www.ebay.com/itm/UDA-Ryan-Miller-Sabres-Auto-Game-Worn-Patch-Low-/322479342043?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=xPWmiR2%252BVl2VrwuHwp 0nra4B7Qc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc If I come across any Millers I'll let you know.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

For those thinking it was only Jack, it was not. It started with Robin Lehner with the staredown of Byslma when he got yanked in a game early in the season and then openly talked about the team not listening to the game plan

Followed by O'Reilly and Gorges' comments about the season.

I'm glad Byslma is gone. I'm a bit torn on Murray; HOWEVER, when you lose in Colorado and Arizona, before the deadline to practically seal your fate for the playoffs and you do NOTHING, that is inexcusable IMO

And welcome to SCF @LOTSOS

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the welcome Scott. Love the BD Sabres patch in your Avatar. Missing the middle right for mine.

You are right the two losses in AZ and CO hurt but give them those 4pts and they still miss by 13 points. They weren't making that up down the stretch.

The old saying goes that 2pts in Oct. are worth the same as 2 pat in Mar. They are absolutely worth the same but don't cost the same.

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

For those thinking it was only Jack, it was not. It started with Robin Lehner with the staredown of Byslma when he got yanked in a game early in the season and then openly talked about the team not listening to the game plan

Followed by O'Reilly and Gorges' comments about the season.

I'm glad Byslma is gone. I'm a bit torn on Murray; HOWEVER, when you lose in Colorado and Arizona, before the deadline to practically seal your fate for the playoffs and you do NOTHING, that is inexcusable IMO

And welcome to SCF @LOTSOS

Welcome @LOTSOS!

Regarding the Sabres situation: In this case, both the coach and the general manager got the boot. Most times though, it is only the coach and for the life of me, I just don't understand why that is.

There are two sides to every coin:

First of all, the coach is only working with what the GM gave him. He didn't give Dan Bylsma much to work with at all. The worst thing he did was bring in players that didn't like the coach. That's on Tim Murray.

The other side of the coin is, these players are supposed to be professionals. They aren't paid to like the coach; they are paid to play hockey. Honestly, players should shut up, suck it up, and play.

To me - whether he commented that Bylsma and Murray should be fired or not - Jack Eichel is in no position to be telling anyone to fire anybody. Just because he's "the man" doesn't mean he should open his mouth. He's a second-year player. I call that "being a punk" and I do question his character. The report basically stated that he allegedly threatened to take his puck and go home if the coach and GM remained. I'm a Leafs fan and if Auston Matthews pulled that stunt, I would feel the same way. Who does Eichel think he is?? Wayne Gretzky??

Can you imagine if Eichel (supposedly) made those comments in the 1970s, playing in a place like Boston or Philadelphia?? The veterans would give him a verbal (and quite possibly physical) whooping. And he would deserve it.

I guess my point is, players should have no say in who gets hired/fired. They are professionals...JUST PLAY!

Tony
    Last edited by Leafsman; 04-21-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Speculation I hear was the the conversation between Pegula & Murray was something like this:

"You need to fire Bylsma"

"I won't."

"Then I'll find someone who will......"

If you have a group of players who won't play for a coach... his days are numbered. If you have a GM that won't fire that coach, he's going with him.

Will be interesting to see who they bring in. I think the Sabres are a mess, but they have a lot of very good pieces. They could turn around quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12