Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

C'mon!! Crosby wasnt attempting to injure Methot, it was an unfortunate incident, thats all. It wasnt a slash to the head. This was blown out of proportion. I hope the concussion to Methot's finger is ok!! This isnt even in the same category.

So Crosby wasn't attempting to injure Methot but Ovie was trying to injure Crosby? I think you are seeing only what you want to see. Both plays were attempts to separate the player from the puck. I don't think Ovechkin had time to see that it was Crosby, and to decide that he would try to add to his list of injuries any more than Crosby wanted to hurt Methot.

Two guys playing hard, with unfortunate results. I think we will just have to disagree on this one!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Notice you keep saying "I dont think"? How do you know what Ovie was thinking? & if your trying to tell me that he didnt know that was Crosby in front of the net your dillusional. How many times have you seen Ovie back checking to the front of his own net. They knew what they were doing & you will never change my mind on that one. All in all i hope Crosby comes back & they wipe out Washington, they dont deserve to be called Champions..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

At what point does a player have enough, and stick up for himself? Are these pics supposed to prove a point? All you need to do is look at the amount of concussions to star players in the League to know something is broken. Its not just Crosby he just happens to be the one we're talking about now. Slashing happens so much in a game & you point the finger at Crosby for a slash to Methot!! How many times a game does Crosby get slashed? Taking Goons away from the game was the worse thing they could have done. Guys didnt do this to Gretzky very often cause they knew what was coming!! When the cats are away the Rats come out to play!!

I seriously hope that you are just looking at this through bias glasses right now. Since when is it playing the puck to swing at a guys' hand? How is it sportsmanlike to spear a guy in the junk so far away from the play it's ludicrous?

Other players went after Mike Green for YEARS, but he never chopped anyone's hands/groin off.

Also, the fact that Crosby hasn't been suspended at least twice this season is sickening. Any other player does what he did, and they'd get at least 3 games.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Crosby is out for Game 4, with a concussion.

Personally, I think the NHL's concussion protocols aren't worth a thing... so if Crosby is actually missing time, my bet is it's serious - and he's out for a few weeks (at minimum)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I agree with you: The other poster has ZERO clue as to what Ovechkin was thinking on that play (or prior to it), same with Niskanen or the rest of the team for that matter.

To that point, you also have no idea what he saw or what he was thinking.

Notice you keep saying "I dont think"? How do you know what Ovie was thinking? & if your trying to tell me that he didnt know that was Crosby in front of the net your dillusional. How many times have you seen Ovie back checking to the front of his own net. They knew what they were doing & you will never change my mind on that one. All in all i hope Crosby comes back & they wipe out Washington, they dont deserve to be called Champions..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

@jameslacarte the other thing that bothers me with your comments is you keep mentioning how he hit a "superstar" and look how many "star players" have concussions. This is the exact attitude that is wrong with the NHL as a whole. You are basically saying that well because it's a star player who received a concussion, it's different.

NO. No, no, no, and no somemore. Absolutely not. A concussion incident should be treated exactly the same whether it is Sidney Crosby, or John Scott. Superstar players should not receive special treatment, nor should they be penalized differently. Each player should be treated with the same dignity and care by the NHL. I hate that Sid got another concussion, but to say it needs to be discussed because it's a "superstar" player getting hit is completely ridiculous. I'm sick of the "superstars" getting special treatment by the NHL. Treat all players the same. Call all penalties the same. Dish out majors & suspensions the same. It doesn't happen now, and it's just plain dumb.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with you: The other poster has ZERO clue as to what Ovechkin was thinking on that play (or prior to it), same with Niskanen or the rest of the team for that matter.

As the "other poster," I really don't pretend to know what anyone is/was thinking...I was really just responding to the insinuation that this whole thing was a plot by the Caps to take out Pittsburgh's best player.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now your just turning my words around to suit your own purpose.. Hits to the head & concussions are serious no matter who it is but when players are allowed to do that to players who fans actually pay to come to see its even worse. Dont turn my words around for your own needs. Regardless what is said they knew what they were doing & that it was Crosby. You believe what you want, i could really care less..

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@geschrocks33 I'm not sure why you're differentiating between Sidney Crosby and John Scott when you talk about superstars...Scott is the GOAT. LOL

In all seriousness, this is not good for Crosby, the Penguins, the NHL, or the game at large. I've been worried about Sid and his long-term health for a few years now--he's not in the same category as Lindros in terms of concussions impacting his career, but in addition to the large amounts of time he's already lost, we're going to see a reduction at the back end of his career. Greatest player in a generation and he's missing so much time because of head trauma. You have to think also that it's going to affect his way of life after hockey.

People can gripe and take pot-shots at him, but it's a legendary career that's being impacted here. He's also a tremendous ambassador for the game off the ice--I don't know of too many players that have the stroke to effectively shut down an entire community from a day of work as he did in 2009 in Cole Harbour.

Let's just hope that he's all right and able to get back on the ice.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This was all i was saying but typically when you give your opinion on here people want to jump down your throat...

@geschrocks33 I'm not sure why you're differentiating between Sidney Crosby and John Scott when you talk about superstars...Scott is the GOAT. LOL

In all seriousness, this is not good for Crosby, the Penguins, the NHL, or the game at large. I've been worried about Sid and his long-term health for a few years now--he's not in the same category as Lindros in terms of concussions impacting his career, but in addition to the large amounts of time he's already lost, we're going to see a reduction at the back end of his career. Greatest player in a generation and he's missing so much time because of head trauma. You have to think also that it's going to affect his way of life after hockey.

People can gripe and take pot-shots at him, but it's a legendary career that's being impacted here. He's also a tremendous ambassador for the game off the ice--I don't know of too many players that have the stroke to effectively shut down an entire community from a day of work as he did in 2009 in Cole Harbour.

Let's just hope that he's all right and able to get back on the ice.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast