Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

The lack of intensity and clutch play by LeBron James tonight again shows why he is not MJ.

Jordan never wilted like that in an ECF game to a clearly inferior team.

Ever.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

For that matter, Kobe never did, either. I'll always give Kobe his due in competitiveness and intensity.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The lack of intensity and clutch play by LeBron James tonight again shows why he is not MJ.

Jordan never wilted like that in an ECF game to a clearly inferior team.

Ever.

For that matter, Kobe never did, either. I'll always give Kobe his due in competitiveness and intensity.

Ugh, don't be a slave to the moment and don't ever make the silly mistake of evaluating a players entire career based on one game, or even one series, or even one entire year as that's a fool's errand and just a silly thing to do.

BTW, I told you before, you need to back-up your statements with facts, and you simply don't seem to know MJ's history so you often rely on revisionist history ...

Allow me to give you some actual facts about MJ's history ...

In games 2, 4 and 5 of the 1989 ECF Jordan's Bulls lost all three games and Jordan shot just 18-43 ... his highest shooting percentage in those games came in a must win game 5, and game the Bulls lost and Jordan only attempted EIGHT shots in 46 minutes ... he made a whopping 4 shots the entire game ...

In games 2 & 5 of the 1990 ECF Jordan's Bulls lost both games by a combined 23 points and Jordan shot just 12-35 ...

In the 1992 ECF, Jordan's Bulls lost Game 2 to the Cavs by 26 points and MJ shot just 7-22 and had twice as many turnovers as assists!

In the 1993 ECF Jordan, in a Game 3 win (as Pippen was masterful scoring 29 points on just 12 shots!) shot just 3-18 ... 3-18!!!!!

In the 1997 ECF Jordan's Bulls were far superior to Alonzo Mourning's Heat so they won Game 2 ... but Jordan shot just 4-15 ... he followed that up with a horrific 9-35 performance in a game 4 loss ... can you imagine if LeBron shot 9-35? That is unthinkable and he would get killed in the media ... but MJ did it and gets a pass by revisionist history Jordanairre's ...

The above totals NINE ECF games (a large sample size all things considered) and in those 9 games MJ shot 53-168!

As for Kobe, my fave player ever ... you're just wrong. For example:

2000 WCF Game 2 Kobe was 2-9 with 12 points, 4 assists and 2 rebounds in 42 minutes ... that's way worse than LeBron tonight any way you slice it.

Also ... it's dumb to try to denigrate LeBron by first setting up Jordan and Kobe as the example and then making LeBron play like them ... what I mean is ... you're really only talking about "scoring" and what you don't seem to understand that while MJ and Kobe were basically carbon copies of each other both physically and mentally and even in the roles they played on their teams (volume shooters and primarily scorers), LeBron is an entirely different dude ... he's more like a Magic/Bird mix ... he's NEVER been a volume scorer and does not expend the vast majority of his energy simply scoring ... he is his team's primary defender, primary ball-handler and distributor, rebounder ... and also generally leads his team in scoring simply because it comes easy to him and not because he's shot-jacking.

You'd never say, "Oh Bill Russell/Magic/Oscar can't compare to MJ/Kobe simply because they didn't score a lot in a certain Conference Finals game as those players are considered something other than a mere primary scorer ... and so should LeBron be considered something other than, and in fact, someting much more than a mere primary scorer andd volume shooter.

Revisionist history just really, really, really bothers me ... I don't understand why people have to turn MJ into a myth rather than just remember the real MJ, his struggles, accomlishments and all that came with both ... it drives me nuts!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Sacramento Kings San Francisco Giants
    See rdaveigajr85's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Me and my younger brother have been having this debate for about 5 years. I think I am ready to give in and give the GOAT crown to LeBron. It just amazes me how much everyone hates on this man. Take Jordan away from the Bulls and they were still a legitimate contender. They took the eventual Eastern Conference Champion Knicks to 7 Games. Now LeBron from the Cavs or Heat for that matter both are Lottery teams. I'm watching LeBron, and I grew up watching Jordan so I'm not someone who hasn't seen them both play in their primes, and I literally can't think of anything that Jordan is superior at than LeBron. To me Jordan played on far superior teams than LeBron. Even tonight I was thinking when LeBron passes to Korver at the end of the game. Jordan passed big shots to Kerr and Paxton but his guys hit big the shots. I also feel like the league, is full of far superior athletes than in Jordan's era, every one is bigger stronger and faster than what Jordan played against. Jordan has never played against a team as talented as the Warriors.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Me and my younger brother have been having this debate for about 5 years. I think I am ready to give in and give the GOAT crown to LeBron. It just amazes me how much everyone hates on this man. Take Jordan away from the Bulls and they were still a legitimate contender. They took the eventual Eastern Conference Champion Knicks to 7 Games. Now LeBron from the Cavs or Heat for that matter both are Lottery teams. I'm watching LeBron, and I grew up watching Jordan so I'm not someone who hasn't seen them both play in their primes, and I literally can't think of anything that Jordan is superior at than LeBron. To me Jordan played on far superior teams than LeBron. Even tonight I was thinking when LeBron passes to Korver at the end of the game. Jordan passed big shots to Kerr and Paxton but his guys hit big the shots. I also feel like the league, is full of far superior athletes than in Jordan's era, every one is bigger stronger and faster than what Jordan played against. Jordan has never played against a team as talented as the Warriors.

One more thing ... in LeBron's 8 NBA Finals, his team entered the series as the favorite just two times. He already has three rings which means he exceeded expectations even in the Finals.

And, no, MJ's Bulls never beat a team as good as this year's Warriors ... or last year's Warriors ... or even the KD/Russ/Harden Thunder team. The best team MJ's Bulls teams beat was the Barkley Suns team imho.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol. Wade and Bosh would have made the playoffs. Had Lebron not gone back to Cleveland and the Cavs take Wiggins and hold onto them and they would be a playoff team probably this season. If not, for sure next year. No championships would be won by any Lebron team without him, but they still would be very good, and make the playoffs. The Cavs rebuilding process was sped up because of Lebron returning, along with Love being dealt to the team. Also, the best player of all time would not back down from the challenge of guarding Durant and giving him an open opportunity from the 3 point line. Yes, Lebron is probably the second best player of all time. It is Lebron's own fault that the Warriors superteam was formed because he began the superteam formations when he and his buddies joined forces in Miami, while Cleveland stocked up on lottery picks before returning there with one of the best young PG's in the league along with the top overall pick at the time that they were planning on trading for a "superstar" like Kevin Love. And the Warriors essentially had to choose between Kevin Durant and Harrison Barnes because both would cost the same price for them. Durant, who is the second best player in the NBA, is obviously better than Barnes, who probably isn't even top 40... especially for the Mavs giving Barnes the max.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lol. Wade and Bosh would have made the playoffs. Had Lebron not gone back to Cleveland and the Cavs take Wiggins and hold onto them and they would be a playoff team probably this season. If not, for sure next year. No championships would be won by any Lebron team without him, but they still would be very good, and make the playoffs. The Cavs rebuilding process was sped up because of Lebron returning, along with Love being dealt to the team. Also, the best player of all time would not back down from the challenge of guarding Durant and giving him an open opportunity from the 3 point line. Yes, Lebron is probably the second best player of all time. It is Lebron's own fault that the Warriors superteam was formed because he began the superteam formations when he and his buddies joined forces in Miami, while Cleveland stocked up on lottery picks before returning there with one of the best young PG's in the league along with the top overall pick at the time that they were planning on trading for a "superstar" like Kevin Love. And the Warriors essentially had to choose between Kevin Durant and Harrison Barnes because both would cost the same price for them. Durant, who is the second best player in the NBA, is obviously better than Barnes, who probably isn't even top 40... especially for the Mavs giving Barnes the max.

The above is pure drivel ... in its entirety.

Bill Russell was on the greatest "super team" of all-time. Magic and Bird captained super-teams. When Rodman joined MJ, Pip and the GOAT Coach that was a super team.

Jordan never won anything without both the 2nd greatest SF ever (3rd now behind LeBron and Bird but was 2nd until LBJ came along) and a top 50 all-time player AND the greatest coach of all-time ...

By the way ... here is a fact I haven't heard any of the fluff reporting talking heads on tv say recently.

When Jordan was in his 32 year old season (age of LeBron right now) not only was he sitting at home WATCHING the Finals and watching the team that whooped his Bulls get SWEPT by Olajuwon's Rockets squad, but he was sitting on 3 rings and just 3 conference titles ... LeBron is sitting on the same 3 rings but EIGHT conference titles.

When all is said and done LeBron will top Jordan in regular season AND playoff: points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and wins and retire with far more conference titles yet perhaps not as many rings and the new generation will consider him and not MJ the GOAT imho.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 06-09-2017 at 01:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have yet to hear an answer to Nick Wright question:

"What Does Jordan Do Better At Than LeBron Without Saying 6 Rings?"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have yet to hear an answer to Nick Wright question:

"What Does Jordan Do Better At Than LeBron Without Saying 6 Rings?"

Jordan's a better free-throw shooter ... and that's it.

LeBron's the better passer, rebounder, all-around defender, leader, teammate, shooter ... and by most accounts ... human being.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jordan's a better free-throw shooter ... and that's it.

LeBron's the better passer, rebounder, all-around defender, leader, teammate, shooter ... and by most accounts ... human being.

Agree. I will say Jordan and Kobe were both not necessarily better scorers, but more aggressive scores. I feel LeBron is a Point Guard in a Power Forwards body.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast