Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

"last pack" rule extends to Walmart Tins? 1 Tin of 15-16 UD

You know the set, and you probably know where I'm going with this :)

Lots of people have talked about the "last pack" rule, and never leave the last pack behind in a box. There has been a lonely tin of 15-16 UD Series 1 at my local Walmart for (at least) a few months. I've rejected the idea of plunking down $45 for the 3:50 Change of pulling a McDavid... but I keep checking back, hoping to see they unearthed a bunch of blasters / parkhurst blasters / tins, and have them marked for clearance (I did the UD Blasters /w Parkhurst bonus packs at the time of 15-16 being new... took me like 12 of them before I hit my one & only McDavid).

To add to all of this - I have not really cracked much wax in a long time. Last spring I dumped all of my UD sets (still happy I made that deal). Part of it was wanting to cash out, part of it was no longer wanted to give that much space on a bookshelf to cards, and part of it was wanting to rid myself of the temptation to continue to buy them :) See, if I've got all UD S1/2 sets from 90-91 to 15-16 - I will end up building 16-17. Without the first 25 years? Meh. I have not bought a pack.

Anyway - There were certainly some nice cards in there that are gone... I'd probably do better today in sale price if I'd waited (Crosby, alone, has jumped over $500 in value in less than a year) but I don't really miss any of it, except for one card. I'm an Oilers fan, I've kept my all-time Oilers RC collection (and continued to add to it) but I was really missing this bigger name RC from 2015-16 :) No chance I'd plunk down the $300 for a YG.... the $1k for a FW, etc, etc, but buy a tin and gamble? Why not.

Anyway, here's the top two cards from the Tin:

Yeah, I'm pretty happy. The McDavid is staying with me... I'd move the Domi out if someone needs it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

great pull!!!! i'm yet to get lucky with going somewhere and picking a list tin/pack. Always keep an eye out to see if there is a lonely one wanting to come home with me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See darbscard88's Items on eBay Instagram:

Excellent hits!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I've always wanted to pull a McDavid. Congrats on the last pack rule success story ! !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice pulls.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Pull!! Thats my next adventure. Going back & trying some more 15-16, my WalMart has a ton of these boxes. I got my Matthews this year now i need the McDavid. Congrats on the nice hits. Domi Canvas was a good pull too.