Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I quit looking because I want them but can't afford his crazy prices.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

I don't mind some of his prices.... But only up to maybe $250. After that, it gets pretty much ridiculous. It's obvious he's trying to make money, which he has every right to. But he's not selling to the general collector. He's selling to the high-end collectors who have money to spend. Those people, if they wanted to re-sell, would not even get close to what they paid, so it's really not all that worth it for them. So for the general collectors like myself, the cards I want will be nothing but eye candy and 'white whales' that will haunt my collection

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates
    See shortprinted's Items on eBay Instagram:

I don't mind some of his prices.... But only up to maybe $250. After that, it gets pretty much ridiculous. It's obvious he's trying to make money, which he has every right to. But he's not selling to the general collector. He's selling to the high-end collectors who have money to spend. Those people, if they wanted to re-sell, would not even get close to what they paid, so it's really not all that worth it for them. So for the general collectors like myself, the cards I want will be nothing but eye candy and 'white whales' that will haunt my collection

Yeah pretty much. Just got an offer response back. Market value is $250 on the AB NT book I want. Won't accept less than $1000. Oh well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

his cards....his prices

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

We just talked about his guy recently. It seems pretty clear he just doesn't want to really sell his cards. Why he offers them though, I cannot begin to understand.

He just re-listed a card I want very badly. I'd offer him very reasonable $25 for it, but not $350.00. That's just insane. Insane enough I won't ever bother him with what (and you just verified) he would consider a paltry sum for his golden eggs.

I've accepted long ago that I am not likely to ever get this card. (He's had this card for at least two years, and re-lists it every 30 days.) Oh, sure, I can pay an insane price for it, but I don't NEED any card THAT BAD.

I just wish he wouldn't remind me every 30 days that that card is still out there, and available.

However, all is not lost. I have learned on ebay, that sometimes a card that it un-attainable, for whatever reason, suddenly pops back up, often from a different seller, and becomes attainable at a reasonable price. Unlikely with cards that get into this guys hands, granted, but I have had patience pay off before.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think your title is pretty harsh. Anyone can set up a business anywhere and try to sell whatever merchandise they want in any given storefront for any given price (from giving it away to being so high I should be locked in a insane asylum). So why should he be ashamed of himself. People like this indirectly help keep the hobby alive. If people like him did not buy the high end cases that most cannot nor will never be able to afford would the company have enough demand to create such and such product.

In the end this guy will die or lose interest and all those card will become available at attainable prices. You just might have to be patient. Unless he get crazy and decides to burn them which again would be his right.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Even if I had the money no way would I pay $10k for a modern card. That makes 0 sense to me.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think your title is pretty harsh. Anyone can set up a business anywhere and try to sell whatever merchandise they want in any given storefront for any given price (from giving it away to being so high I should be locked in a insane asylum). So why should he be ashamed of himself. People like this indirectly help keep the hobby alive. If people like him did not buy the high end cases that most cannot nor will never be able to afford would the company have enough demand to create such and such product.

In the end this guy will die or lose interest and all those card will become available at attainable prices. You just might have to be patient. Unless he get crazy and decides to burn them which again would be his right.

DON

Those cases would all get ripped apart by group breaks. I don't thank him at all for opening any cases. If he opened up a store in a town or traveled to card shows with his collection, it would be the same thing. Everyone would catch wind of his bad prices and customer service, and talk about it amongst themselves and at local shows just like we are here. His cards....his prices as commonly stated. Those prices come with consequences. He shouldn't be surprised by any negative forum post, newspaper ad, billboard, or local chatter about his bad business.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This thread is really rough ... the guy isn't doing anything wrong and he does sell cards from time to time. I've also messaged with him in the past and he was very nice and polite.

I myself had my collection "displayed" on eBay with a high price as I have basically no intention of selling any of my favorite cards, but want them on eBay so people understand I own them and so no scammer tries to pretend he ones one of them and sell "air" to an unwitting buyer which happens more than some people realize.

I agree it would be "nice" if BlackRose would auction some of his cards now and then or sell some at reasonable prices but there is nothing illegal or even unethical or immoral about him choosing not to do so. He seems to know that maximizing income is all about supply and demand, so more power to him is the way I see it.

Now ... if he had one of the "holy trinity" cards I needed for my Jameis collection ... I'd probably be singing a much different tune ... I am just very thankful I never had to buy from him and that he never had a card I felt I "needed" for my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah Jameis he has an insane amount of Steelers that I need. I collect alot of NT and Flawless. He's got multiples and many 1/1 and 1/2.

At the end of the day, I get it. His cards. However, business decisions have business consequences.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast