Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sidelinegifts's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

Cool sample TTM request letters

I've been collecting TTM for over 20 years now. Once had a collection of 8000+ signed cards so writing a quality letter is important. I'm always looking for ways to spice up the letters to receive more favorable responses. I can only use form letters since gripping a writing utensil is a difficult chore these days.

Anywho, here's a SAMPLE TTM LETTER for those who are new to the hobby and want to learn.

Dear Mr. So & So( players last name)

Are you ready for some football Mr. So & So (player name here)? I still love to sing that catchy tune whenever I'm watching my beloved (Team name here) take the field. I believe wholeheartedly that the (team name here) are the greatest team with the greatest fan base.

I admired the way you played your (player position).(Write a personal comment of their career or game here). What was the most memorable moment in your career? Did you have a tough opponent that made you raise your game to a new level? What went through your mind when you dressed in your uniform for the first time?

I am aware that you may have a busy schedule, both personal and professional, but I would be truly honored and absolutely grateful if I may be in consideration for a signed item from you. This keepsake will be cherished and will be proudly displayed in our home. Please use the return SASE provided for your shipping convenience. If you see any extra cards that you like, please feel free to keep them to enjoy.

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to consider my request and hope for a favorable response.

Your fan,

(Your full name)
    (sign the letter)

Now, if any of you want to add some fun and interesting info about your letters, please feel free to do so in this thread. Like I mentioned above that I'm always looking to spruce up letters for more favorable responses.
    Last edited by ReedAutos; 05-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants
    Twitter: @matttownru

This is very helpful for us beginners to the TTM world. I would like to send out a few letters with some 8x10 photos. Other than google images, is there any suggestions on places to search for good images to eventually print out and have signed? I have searched google images and have had some success for new players with good resolution, but not many images past 10 years old. Any input is helpful. Thank you.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is very helpful for us beginners to the TTM world. I would like to send out a few letters with some 8x10 photos. Other than google images, is there any suggestions on places to search for good images to eventually print out and have signed? I have searched google images and have had some success for new players with good resolution, but not many images past 10 years old. Any input is helpful. Thank you.

I purchase 35mm slides from ebay with full rights and digitize them with my slide converter. Try there first and a spokeo search( example: nfl spokeo) in google is another resource. Images are usually only used for smaller photos but they are usually saved in 300 dpi. You can contact the owner of the image to get permission to use the image. Never ever right click on a Getty Image because they track them and you don't want a thousand dollar bill from Getty in the mail.

Thank you for your positive response. I'm always willing to share my knowledge of the hobby with everyone. I wish you good luck with your collection.
    Last edited by ReedAutos; 05-05-2017 at 01:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Another sample letter. If you've had great success in the hobby with a great letter then post some insights with others so they can have similar success. thanks

Dear Mr. Jon Keyworth,

As a life long Broncos fan, I want to personally thank you for your contributions that helped Make Miracles Happen for the fans of the Orange Crush in 1978. You gave this young fan at the time, one of the best years of his life that year. My fondest memory of you was when the ball was placed on the Oakland two after the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called against Floyd Rice and then you took a pitchout from Morton and sprinted around right end for the touchdown to make the score 14-3 in the AFC Title Game for a 20-17 win versus your arch rivals, the Oakland Raiders. At any rate, I think it’s safe to say that everybody in Denver was glad you were a part of the Orange Crush that particular day

I also believe you’re a great role model due to your hard work and dedication to helping former Broncos whom have concussion related issues get help. I think it is very admirable and humanity needs more guys like you!

Mr. Keyworth, my family and I were wondering if you could personally honor our request for a signed piece of memorabilia that would be included into our Orange Crush family collection. We have included a self-addressed stamped envelope along with a couple of your trading cards inside a resealable protective bag.

My family and I appreciate everything that you do for us fans, and sincerely thank you in advance for taking the time to consider our request for an autograph.

Thanks for your time, Mr. Keyworth, may you and yours be truly blessed!

Your fan always,

Mr. Bryan G
    Last edited by ReedAutos; 11-14-2017 at 02:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was mentioned above that you use a form letter type of request. I also use a typed letter... but not a form letter, per se, as I personalize each request.

I have read that LORs should ALWAYS be handwritten. However, my penmanship leaves a lot to be desired. It's 2017. Computers are used for everything these days. Many people of my generation and younger are more adept at composing a letter on a laptop than with a pen and paper.

Are handwritten letters as important as they once were, or will good content make up for a LOR not being handwritten? Has anybody seen a decrease (or increase) in responses after switching from handwritten to typed LOR?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it's more what's in the letter,than if it's typed or handwritten.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the responses. It doesn't really matter all that much if the letter is typed or handwritten. There are a percentage of players who prefer a handwritten letter be sent to them for it is a more personal interaction. I type my letters because I damaged nerves in my hands so holding a pen in my hand to write is a chore in itself. Also I have a cursive print so many people have difficulty reading it. My return percentage has been really high lately most likely what ive said in a letter versus how the letter was prepared.