Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

New SCF Writing Contest - Sponsored by packrip.com

Once more, we have decided to encourage our members to get writing by launching a writing contest. Up for grabs are 3 $20 in credit on https://www.packrip.com for the best article on each of the following topics:

1. Where is your nearest local card shop ( LCS )? What are your biggest gripes with your LCS? (Do not reveal the name of the LCS please ). If you don't have a LCS, where do you buy your cards in person. What are your biggest issues with that store?

2. What are the biggest pain points in managing your collection including trading and selling your cards?

3. What do you like and dislike about our current group break centric hobby?

Each qualifying article will receive 250 reward points (as long as it is well written and spell checked)

The winning article will be chosen by the editor in chief, the following criteria will be observed when choosing a winner:
    • the quality of the English
    • the originality
    • the visual support (pictures, graphics, etc…)
    • the coherence of the author

RULES
    1. Simply write any articles about the 3 topics mentioned above

2. Your article must have a minimum of 800 words

3. Winners will receive $20 in credit on PackRip.com

4. All qualified entries will receive 250 reward points for their work (unless the article is poorly written and obviously not spell checked)

5. All submissions must be spell checked and posted as a new thread in the article submission forum: https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...le-Submissions . In the thread title, include your article title and the words CONTEST ENTRY.
    Example: The Future of the Hobby – CONTEST ENTRY

6. The deadline to submit your article is on the May 31th at 5.00 PM EST.

7. Open to ALL members to include SCF Staff (except for the Editor-in-Chief, site owner and packrip.com staff; who can submit articles but not win a prize)

8. You can write as many articles as you wish!

ELIGIBILITY AND ARTICLE REQUIREMENTS
    1. You must be a member in good standing to enter (No unexpired infractions worth 5 points or more)

2. The article must be your own original work - using something written by someone else will result in disqualification and potential ban from SCF.

3. The article you use must be brand new - you cannot use an article which you previously submitted for the articles site.

4. Add pictures to your article - it helps getting your message across it’s not an obligation but it can help.

FURTHER DETAILS
    * Each article will be edited and posted in the SCF articles forum. They will become SCF’s property.
    * SCF reserves the right to push well written articles on Twitter and Facebook groups.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or drop me a PM! I look forward to reading your submissions and best of luck everyone!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Scott- Did I have the only two submissions?
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Scott- Did I have the only two submissions?

*nods*

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do I win first and second place? ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

@scottkoz20- How do I know if I have received the PackRip.com credit yet?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@scottkoz20- How do I know if I have received the PackRip.com credit yet?

I have a discussion with then soon - we were supposed to talk this week but it got pushed back and I don't believe I shot over the followup email

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a discussion with then soon - we were supposed to talk this week but it got pushed back and I don't believe I shot over the followup email

Scott- Okay. Thank you for the update.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

JFRIED,
    You should have wrote a third article.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

JFRIED,
    You should have wrote a third article.

Don

Don- I would have but I could not come up with any ideas related to the topics.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

I may be wrong, but I think one reason there weren't many articles was the "minimum of 800 words". Personally, I couldn't imagine using at least 800 words concerning any of those topics. Have a good day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast