Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country

Getting into the custom game..... but how?

Okay, your custom cards are AMAZING! I'd love to get started. If anyone is willing to help explain, or link me up with a few helpful youtube how-to videos, that would be awesome. Really hoping to make some nice cards!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Welcome to the addiction. You ask a pretty broad question, but hopefully the following information will help you begin your journey.

The first step of your question is of course designing your custom. There are endless possibilities here. Some people take old designs from cards and restyle them, others start from scratch and build them to their own specifications. I would venture a guess that most use some version of Photoshop or Gimp, although some get what they want using powerpoint as well. There are many photo editing software choices to choose from, but it comes down to personal preference for most.

I start by designing a template which I can then duplicate easily. I have a standard portrait and landscape template that I start from when designing. The design process itself is totally a matter of personal taste and choice. I've also found that depending on who or what you're designing for sometimes makes a difference in the type of card I create.

For example, one of my sets I created focused on baseball players from the 1940's & 1950's. There are very few images of some of these players out there, and many images are very low quality. So, I made a lot of cards for that set that focused on a headshot and emphasized a big signature area to focus on the autograph. More recent players have more out there, so when I design cards for more modern era guys, I focus on cards that are more full bleed. Again, it's all on your flavor.

Once you have your design, there are a number of ways to print them, but in recent months, I've found places like Walgreens & Walmart to be less willing to print my customs due to copyright issues. So, I print most of them at home. I have linked three items below. The first two are Youtube videos that discuss the printing & construction of double sided cards that was immensely helpful to me. The other link is to RockiesFan33's custom tutorial on front side cards... and he's simply one of the best.

Hope this helps! Make sure you share your successes! We love seeing what people put together here.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...nting-Tutorial

Country

Wow, thanks for the help! Great help, will start ASAP.